Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

So the most important feature for the next update is some method by which players can upload their own 'mugshots' so they will replace the default facial images for the TCs. I'm sure Ssnake will promote this idea to the top of the list. (All hail the list!). I would like to think I am the first person to request this - but somehow fear I might not be... ;)

So the most important feature for the next update is some method by which players can upload their own 'mugshots' so they will replace the default facial images for the TCs. I'm sure Ssnake will promote this idea to the top of the list. (All hail the list!). I would like to think I am the first person to request this - but somehow fear I might not be... ;)

SB Wiki, the_List:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/The_List

Reference correction to the_List

It is written that all references to the_List be written as thus: the_List

The following must be presented at the end of every post mentioning the_List, it must appear exactly as show.

(otherwise you will anger the Gods of Codification):

**ALL Hail the_List!!**

:biggrin:

Edit:

Who Controls the Wiki?

This entry needs some updating, and is locked.

Could I Copy and edit it offline and submit edited version to relevant persons to update?

Thanks

Good idea comrade.

I am submitting a pic of soviet VU.LoL

soldiers_779565.jpg.16e102d67c12f92ef29f

soldiers_779565.jpg.16e102d67c12f92ef29f

Man enough is enough allready , your a exellent Guy . But Please stop spammjng The forum with your personal wet dream for crying out loud.

More Pictures of Cast Turreted Leopards Please!!

They get me through my day.

I know.

It is sad that this gives me my only joy in life. :(

I'll never look at my Cold War era wargames the same way again. I won't even entertain those 120 turn campaigns anymore. :wink:

Yes. Most wargames don't have rules for nuclear warfare. We would have to admit that WW3 would not have been a conventional war like WW2, but a nuclear war, which no one has experience with. The highest density of armored vehicles per square kilometer on the battlefield plus nuclear weapons.

Soviet/WP ground forces and crews would have been expected to attack and last for a few days before they too would die from radiation.

Yes. Most wargames don't have rules for nuclear warfare. We would have to admit that WW3 would not have been a conventional war like WW2, but a nuclear war, which no one has experience with. The highest density of armored vehicles per square kilometer on the battlefield plus nuclear weapons.

Soviet/WP ground forces and crews would have been expected to attack and last for a few days before they too would die from radiation.

We can always get more Soviets!!

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19173

Someone many moons ago said that there is a way to do chemical attacks in SB? I would rather have chemical attacks instead of nukes :)

Someone many moons ago said that there is a way to do chemical attacks in SB? I would rather have chemical attacks instead of nukes :)
Penalty Zones!

Post 1573:

Well again with a bit of thinking you can replicate these with penalty zones now.

Sure you wont get the flash, overpressure and mushroom cloud graphics (not that there would be much point as your role in the scenario would end pretty much straight away if you were too close to any of those three), but you can certainly create penalty zones that inflict X% casualties on dismounts and a smaller damage % on AFV that you can activate by event/trigger/condition.

Those %s can rise as you get closer to wherever ground zero was.

Similarly you can have the zone only active for a certain period to reflect non persistent agents, etc.

Just because there isn't a button in the Mission Editor to say "place 15KT blast here" as some sort of mega IED, doesn't mean you can't replicate its effects.

See? :biggrin:

Thanks Gib!

As the Soviets tend to operate as groups of 10:

Content Wish List:

"Add New Unit > Tank > Soviet Tank Company T-XX"

"Add New Unit > PC > Soviet PC Company BMP-X" (BTR-80)

Dialog Box:

Company: X

Number of Platoons: 1-15

Number per platoon: 1-6

CO: yes/no

XO: yes/no

Gets a bit tedious doing the:

"Add New Unit > Tank > T-XX"

24 times

It is a WISH List :)

Heck even "Add Soviet Battalion" or "Add Soviet Regiment" would be cool.

I think this Markovskievitch's Shock Guards Battalion has gone to my head. :redface:

(I could use 2 platoons of 10, but then that would be cheating.)

SB Wiki, the_List:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/The_List

Reference correction to the_List

It is written that all references to the_List be written as thus: the_List

The following must be presented at the end of every post mentioning the_List, it must appear exactly as show.

(otherwise you will anger the Gods of Codification):

**ALL Hail the_List!!**

:biggrin:

It will be done.

Post 1573:

Simulating CW via penalty zones is rather wonky. You can't target infantry, or exposed crew. It just kills everything. If there were more options with penalty zones (such as killing unbuttoned crew, exposed infantry, etc) and if penalty zones were able to be connected to events and conditions (the penalty zone activates due to event "x") then it would work reasonably well.

Simulating CW via penalty zones is rather wonky. You can't target infantry, or exposed crew. It just kills everything. If there were more options with penalty zones (such as killing unbuttoned crew, exposed infantry, etc) and if penalty zones were able to be connected to events and conditions (the penalty zone activates due to event "x") then it would work reasonably well.

Well if you use "damage if" for each unit and set the criteria to include being in region X for Y time, yes you can.

So the logic is a little reversed, the penalty is already set up per unit and only applies if you are in a region for a period.

As apposed to the penalty being associated with a region and applied to whatever enters it.

Animals !

Large ones: cows, horses, ...

Imagine you stumble on a herd of deer somewhere in a forest where you're patrolling ...

Just wishful thinking.

Real Beasts, Rare Beasts, all potentially lucrative spin-offs ... :-)

Just let your imagination go :-)