Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

The ability of a vehicle to tow a vehicle of equal, or less, size out of a bad situation (they've got those tow cables for a reason).

Nothing so frustrating as getting an engine or suspension break and not being to tow the vehicle at least under cover, if not to a designated recovery point. Let us use the tow cables for more than just decoration.

Assuming of course that you don't want the working gun tank to actually kill whetever damaged the first one. :)

I guess if its an admin move and the recovery vehicle is still too far away at the rear of the convoy then you could self recover but usually after you cross the LD you need to "press on" with whatever is working, not take two tanks out of the battle (the crock and the recovery one) to drag the crock back. :)

Sometimes a track just needs help to get out of the mud, a ditch, off a root ball, or out of a river (if it's not too deep). I can understand not wanting to do it if the stuck vehicle were under fire. Sometimes all a track needs is a few minutes of assist and it is able to move on its own again as opposed to waiting, seemingly, forever for the '88 to arrive.

I had more than a few personal experiences in this area.

More than I wanted, anyway.

Steel Beasts has probably reached the phase that I can come back to it and be very content without much more content added but for one thing:

Must have amphibious vehicles that actually operate. Raise the water level so that it is flush with riverbanks and shorelines and so that vehicles can move out of the water and not get hung up on the slopes created by water on the map. The vehicles that can swim animate their trim vanes and are almost prepared for it- just can't do it yet. Then watch how beaches and rivers suddenly become big problems and don't bottleneck enemies to shoot up when they can bypass defenses and turn up where you thought it was safe...

Must have amphibious vehicles that actually operate. Raise the water level so that it is flush with riverbanks and shorelines and so that vehicles can move out of the water and not get hung up on the slopes created by water on the map.

Maybe the new terrain engine will address that, fingers crossed.

F8 position for medic vehicles so they can be driven across/around/through obstacles that the AI can't, or won't, negotiate.

Needed the medics during an LNOT mission and they were stuck on the wrong side of the river because the AI couldn't get across the tank bridges used to cross the river.

I'm guessing this will be a paid upgrade, what with the new terrain/particle engine and all:

...the next PE release, scheduled for "about June 2016". This may sound like a long time, but it effectively means a feature freeze by about the end of the year, and then testing and bug fixing for four to six months. All of a sudden we're so much closer to the deadline, and we're not entirely done yet with the work on the new core features for the coming June release.

F8 position for medic vehicles so they can be driven across/around/through obstacles that the AI can't, or won't, negotiate.

Needed the medics during an LNOT mission and they were stuck on the wrong side of the river because the AI couldn't get across the tank bridges used to cross the river.

The problem with that is they then become indestructible recce vehicles.

The enemy AI wont shoot at them and if you have F8 view you can drive around looking at whatever you feel like and abuse the "protected status" of the ambulance.

The enemy AI wont shoot at them and if you have F8 view you can drive around looking at whatever you feel like and abuse the "protected status" of the ambulance.

Then they should use a vehicle that can swim rivers under AI control, make AI see them as targets, or only let them be controlled by the overall comander and not be able to give non-friendly updates. But to not be able to use them because some might abuse the privilege isn't right, either. Either way it is a waste of a valuable resourse.

I know it is a compromise and that I will just have to accept it.

I still don't like it.

Sure,

I'd love to be able to control them so you can:

1. Shut their engines down in a hide.

2. Micro manage the RV with the vehicle carrying the wounded, etc.

I suspect (don't know) that the issue was "scenario specific" in terms of bridge, island, bridge.

A single laid bridge over a river may well be successful.

Even a lot worse. They will become not the recce vehicles but immune tactical smoke generators that can hide entire convoy from LRF and day sights!

I was forced to shoot down one MEDEVAC vehicle because it was making a smokescreen and hiding a convoy.