Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

1 hour ago, Rotareneg said:

It'd be cool if minefields optionally had conditions to control if they exist when the scenario starts or not.. That way you could randomize or otherwise make the minefields start in different locations to add replay value to scenarios. Also, being able to place small minefields in-game with engineers would be cool (if that's not already a feature in 4.0.)

Well you can do that (sort of) by plotting FASCAM missions and firing them on Trigger ("Activate Minefield 1", ,2 ,3, etc.) with 1, 2 and 3 covering a different location.

Of course you get the artillery sounds but that only lasts a minute or two.

2 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

It'd be cool if minefields optionally had conditions to control if they exist when the scenario starts or not.. That way you could randomize or otherwise make the minefields start in different locations to add replay value to scenarios. Also, being able to place small minefields in-game with engineers would be cool (if that's not already a feature in 4.0.)

what  scenario designer can do also, is make a condition,  where a minefield (using fascam of course) is laid at this point IF Trigger 1 is pulled AND engineer vehicle is on a certain box near where you want the mine obstacle to be placed.  Of course, this is assuming that the sce designer is placing dif areas where an obstacle might be placed. 

Edited by RENEGADE-623
add the fascam statement

If you call FASCAM in the normal manner you can set the self-destruct timers, but the preset artillery calls don't have the option. You could repeat them after 30 minutes, but that'd be a bit harsh on the players if they breached it and then suddenly found it refilled with mines. :D

Well the other way would be to:

1. Create all the required minefields before you start (probably need to make then buried the retain the asthetics) in all the potential locations.

2. Create zones covering all the minefields.

3. Set a bunch of Triggers to say "Activate minefield X" (the location of "X" depends to the player's plan).

4. Set all the units to "repair all" if they are not in X.

So yes there would be explosions in say minefields A, B, C, ... but the only ones that would permanently damage the vehicle would be those in "X".

The player would need to manually continue the assault as the AI would avoid minefields A, B and C, ...

But it would give you the desired effect if the FASCAM option isn't suitable.

Yes I know, neither is ideal but you can achieve the outcome you want with a bit of squinting.

Edited by Gibsonm

More background noise.also id like to see the the comms cut if a player loses his radio on TS so he cant talk to anyone until restored.

have I mentioned tree strikes,also every relavent piece of Military equiptment made since 1950.Thatll keep you busy.:D

43 minutes ago, mpow66m said:

also id like to see the the comms cut if a player loses his radio on TS so he cant talk to anyone until restored.

Well that's two discrete pieces of software, only one of which eSim controls.

I guess if TS supported SB's APIs it might be possible.

This relates to a suggestion I made earlier; I guess muting/unmuting TS when using push to talk would work ok, there's an arma 3 mod called ACRE (also TFAR) which does this based on range, line of sight and who's on the radio net.

however it reads the positions from arma, so such a plugin would need to collect positional data. Not sure how either works at the API level but as snake alluded to, it's something that they wouldn't look at for the personal edition as it kinda craps all over the extra support a business licence holder  gets (for a lot more money).

kinda makes poor business sense to leave your  biggest spending customers in the cold.

Trenches

Tractors

Trains

A functioning groundradar for this one vehicle whose name escapes me.

The black & white retrolook that you can apply in that other sim, whose name also escapes me ?, since we have now more Cold War tks

And animals !

Edited by Koen
Spelling

It would be nice to have more command line arguments on the .exe for creating a multiplayer game and joining one.

This way, I could program a simple "SB Lobby" (Similar as old Hyperlobby in Il-2) so multiplayer games in progress would be displayed and players could join easily instead of having to exchange IP addresses and all that hassle.

Also it could provide fast "jump into action" shortcuts

Edited by Dagger1987

Well if Copy/ Paste an IP address is a hassle ...

Anyway the posts here tend to provide situational awareness as well as things like an IP address and timings.

This software requires people to read in and the threads here do that reasonably well.

In addition the new requirement to download maps will make some sort of random join game in progress option a bit harder to implement.

4 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Well if Copy/ Paste an IP address is a hassle ...

Anyway the posts here tend to provide situational awareness as well as things like an IP address and timings.

This software requires people to read in and the threads here do that reasonably well.

In addition the new requirement to download maps will make some sort of random join game in progress option a bit harder to implement.

I didn't mean that entering the IP is a hassle, what I mean that having a "lobby" where all the multiplayer games in progress are displayed would make it easier to join them instead of having to join team speak/forum to grab the IP.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Dagger1987 said:

It would be nice to have more command line arguments on the .exe for creating a multiplayer game and joining one.

Been on the list for a while now.  Someday...