Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

On 2016-05-15 at 10:05 PM, RENEGADE-623 said:

here a minefield (using fascam of course) is laid at this point IF Trigger 1 is pulled AND engineer vehicle is on a certain box near where you want the mine obstacle to be placed.  Of course, this is assuming that the sce designer is placing dif areas where an obstacle might be placed. 

Edited 53 minutes ago by RENEGADE-623

its been brought up before and Ssnakes comment was something in the way of that it's not worth the work effort as 3 speeds forward and 1 backwards is enough for tactical purpouses (training etc). If I come across the post I will link it, was posted fairly recently actually.

/KT

• Members

Not sure what the answer has to do with the quoted text, but the reasoning behind the "three speed levels are enough" design decision was, early on, the desire to have a somewhat simple, easy to memorize user interface/hotkey assignment, and the fact that in real life no tank commander would, in a tactical combat situation, give orders to the driver to maintain a specific speed. Rather, you either go slow, or as fast as possible (to that extent even "medium" is already overkill.

It's important to realize that while you are in the commander's (or gunner's) position, your hotkey presses don't mean that YOU drive the tank. Rather, you give orders to the (computer-controlled) driver. If you are in the driver's position you will have a more fine control.

1 hour ago, ghostdog688 said:

That's cool, didn't know that. Mounting/dismounting is a little labour some, what about if the infantry is close enough to the PC that they get resupplied (like what happens to tanks near a fuel/ammo truck)?

Well given the guys have to climb in and get the extra rounds.

They aren't little things that the crew commander can just toss to the Infantry. :)

Can`t wait for SB4 looks sooo good,

hope Ssnake put some Campaigns on it for me(and the world-wide-rest :D ). I find it is very cool to finisht some missions as Campaign! Very nice option for single-players...pleaaaase.

Or a nother point: maybe you can see, if you chose a single-mission, a score from last result of mission, when played before...i think this is very helpfull for overview!? So you can see: have i played this mission before or not.  

And maybe it comes on XBoxOne with Kinect ;) 

I am fast running out of stuff to wish for 4.0 seems to have most of what I was hoping for.

All Hail the list.

So my latest wish list will be for the next big SB update after 4.0

Some of the more modern PLA, AFV's would be a good addition me thinks the type 85/98/99

For the older PLA AFV's some skins. the PLA also had a version of the T-55/59 fitted with a 105 L7 knock off.

I reckon that would be an interesting addition.

C1 Ariete.

M-47/48

T-90MS or the black eagle I know it was only a prototype

Deployable airborne troops I know this can be done using the transport helicopters or some clever scripting

But I would love to see them parachute not asking for there transport planes to be modelled  it could be done like the airstrikes you would just hear the engines. well I asked for snipers last time and we got them so who knows. LoL 

My 5.0 wishlist:

1) Functional IR spotlights on non-TIS equipped vehicles. Lets the 60's-70's vehicles conduct night fighting.

2) Playable Chieftain and Challenger 1

3) T80B

4) T-12 anti-tank gun. Digging in the T-55 works currently as a substitute. 

5) For airborne ops, ASU-57 and ASU-85

13 minutes ago, Tread_Head57 said:

My 5.0 wishlist:

1) Functional IR spotlights on non-TIS equipped vehicles. Lets the 60's-70's vehicles conduct night fighting.

3) T80B

forgot about the T-80B.

1 hour ago, Tread_Head57 said:

My 5.0 wishlist:

3) T80B

1 hour ago, Marko said:

forgot about the T-80B.

Well, except for slightly better hull armor, larger roadwheels, and the faster turbine engine, the T-80B is effectively identical to the T-64B (same turret), so I'd just squint harder and shoot for the T-64BV and T-72AV instead.