Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

16 minutes ago, Grenny said:

One of the biggest gripes I still have with artillery and hopefully it will be solved one day: "fire at my command"

When sending "FFE", there still is a 30+ seconds delay before the first round flies.

When using "fire at my command" I expect the gunners to be ready, rounds in the breach and lanyard in hand. The very moment I press the send button ( or maybe 5 seconds later to simulate the FO making a countdown) I want the guns to go BOOM.

You also have to take into account time of flight.

22 minutes ago, MDF said:

You also have to take into account time of flight.

Thats why i said: "30+ seconds before rounds fly" and not "before splash"...

Unless you mean time of flight for the messanger pigeon in case of radion/C2 failure ?

Edited by Grenny

6 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Thats why i said: "30+ seconds before rounds fly" and not "before splash"...

Unless you mean time of flight for the messanger pigeon in case of radion/C2 failure ?

Maybe I'm forgetting -- don't "at my command" missions splash 30 seconds after you order fire-for-effect?  So that would be 5 seconds for the firing battery to react and then 25 seconds in the air (which I suppose is a one-size-fits-all approximation).

Edited by MDF

42 minutes ago, Grenny said:

for offmap arty maybe.

For onmap batteries you see "preparing fire mission " for half a minute. So it is time of flight + 30 seconds delay...

OK, I just tested on-map arty, and you're right.  Yes, they probably should fix that.

On today's "Kingtigers wishlist" we have:

Grenade options for the M2 Carl gustav. right now it's AT round only but what makes the Carl G so popular is its multi-function. Classic Swedish loadout is AT, HE/HEAT and SMOKE rounds, with illumini as well but rarely used. 
So now when we have 40mm UGL it would be nice with a 84mm HE/HEAT round to clear out buildings and infantry with and smoke rounds to screen off the battlefield with would be awesome :)

/KT

I would like to fill some gaps:

M2/3 0 and A1 playable

M2/3 0 and A1 playable

M2/3 0 and A1 playable

M2/3 0 and A1 playable

M2/3 0 and A1 playable

Manpac SAMS like SA-7, Stinger

Russian 30mm grenade attachments

M60 MG (the old one)

M151

BMP-2 with add on armor

T-64BV

T-80A/B/BV

M125

I haven't even installed SB yet, but a few that would presumably be not too hard to implement which come to mind are.

1. A driver in the G-wagen/Wolf and civilian car. Seeing driverless vehicles moving around is an immersion kill.

2. Crew for mortar carriers - even if they kept still.

3. Crew for BM-21 as above.

4. BM-21 firing signature.

5. Polaris ATV in 4x4 and 6x6 with optional trailer capability to move mortars up to 81mm, MMG and HMG (mounted in some cases) and ATGW on it, resupply infantry ammo, carry mines and demolitions etc.

6. Off route mine planted in singles and remotely armed (KP87 etc.) with realistic deployment options.

7. IEDs of various kinds (if not already modelled)

8. Various demolitions (cratering charges, bridge pier demolition device, linear HEAT necklace charges etc.) if not already modelled.

9. ESM off map

10. ECM off map.

12. TOS-1A (not crewable, but on map)

13. ROP-A (if not already modelled)

14. Land Rover WMIK, Jackal and Coyote (none would need elaborate fire control etc.) (if not already modelled).

15. A harder thing to implement, but LP CROWS on M1A2SEP as an option - not standard.

Later edit - Carl Gustav M3 and M4 variants and better range of ammo as suggested by King Tiger and including "Confined Space" and programmable airburst. AT-4Cs. M72A9, Matador.

Even later edit - deployable cammo nets, inc. multispectral, also for infantry

Edited by ChrisWerb
Another addition.

Optional Waste of Time mode with supporting wav files:

Contact, pay to winner, front, wait, out.

Gunner, fire, fire gold!

Owned!

Gold up!

Gold noob, left, gunner engage

On the way!

Bounced!

Re-engage!

He is at [insert %]

Cloaking device is down!

Our tank has exploded - bail out!

Cheater!

Camper!

Gold noob!

Noob team!

Debil!

Clicker!

Looser! <sic>

Monkeys!

I am [insert sex act] your mother.

Report!

Uninstall!

Go play Tetris!

Edited by ChrisWerb
Addition.

9 hours ago, ChrisWerb said:

I haven't even installed SB yet, but a few that would presumably be not too hard to implement which come to mind are.

7. IEDs of various kinds (if not already modelled)

8. Various demolitions (cratering charges, bridge pier demolition device, linear HEAT necklace charges etc.) if not already modelled.

You can cross 7 and 8 off your list.

Perhaps revisit your entries when you have installed it? :)

2 hours ago, Vikingo said:

;)

If you think that's an impressive upgrade check out this Czech/ Slovak  complete rebuild of the BVP-2 its basically a BMP-2

Its the most comprehensive upgrade I have seen for the BMP-2.

Check out the video on the bottom of the page using the the link.

http://www.armyrecognition.com/slovak_slovakia_light_armoured_vehicles_technical_data_uk/sakal_ifv_bvp-m2_skcz_armoured_infantry_fighting_vehicle_technical_data_sheet_specifications_pictures_video_12607152.html

Sakal_IFV_BVP-M2_SKCZ_tracked_armoured_infantry_fighting_vehicle_Czech_Slovak_defense_industry_military_equipment_640_001.jpg

Sakal_IFV_BVP-M2_SKCZ_tracked_armoured_infantry_fighting_vehicle_Czech_Slovak_defense_industry_military_equipment_640_001.jpg

Edited by Marko

7 hours ago, Vikingo said:

Me right now :) Thanks!

Oddly enough, the 30mm 2A42 doesnt have its own .wav file, and shares a sound with the 30mm Bushmaster (Apache helicopter) and a third person sound with the 25mm Bushmaster (Bradley)

Attached is the first person sound file, but beware it will make the all 30mm sound like the 2A42. I have a specific file I use for my Bradley, so I'm not going to replace mine. 

a_30Bushmaster.wav

Edited by Apocalypse 31

2 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Oddly enough, the 30mm 2A42 doesnt have its own .wav file, and shares a first person sound with the 30mm Bushmaster (Apache helicopter) and a third person sound with the 25mm Bushmaster (Bradley)

Attached is the first person sound file, but beware it will make the all 30mm sound like the 2A42. I have a specific file I use for my Bradley, so I'm not going to replace mine. 

a_30Bushmaster.wav

• Thanks Apocalypse 31 !! Just try it and sounds awesome, adopted B| Like the real thing ;) Please can you share with us the Bradley one? I'm inside the BMP-2 90% of the time but now I'm curious ^_^ Gracias amigo!

1 hour ago, Vikingo said:

• Thanks Apocalypse 31 !! Just try it and sounds awesome, adopted B| Like the real thing ;) Please can you share with us the Bradley one? I'm inside the BMP-2 90% of the time but now I'm curious ^_^ Gracias amigo!

Here ya go. 

My mistake - the brad is not effected. Just the 2A42 shares the same sounds as the 30mm Bushmaster (Apache)

X_30Bushmaster.wav

Edited by Apocalypse 31

2 hours ago, Vikingo said:

+1

thanks for posting the video it was excellent Vikingo.

Talking about auto -cannons sounds.

The marder cannon sounds remarkably quiet even when you are concentrating fire.

it sounds almost muffled compared to other Auto cannons in game

Is this accurate is it like this in the real marder.?

Edited by Marko