Jump to content

Steel Beasts: Content Wish List


Azure Lion
 Share

Recommended Posts

I use the AN/PAS-29A, it's a clip on thermal you can put on your night vision goggles to get the same fusion effect as the PSQ-20's.  They've been around for about 8 years.  It can spot a man at 300 meters easily under some very dark conditions, vehicles under much longer ranges.  My unit runs about 5 hours on 1 CR123 battery.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig8q6OWrMlY

 

The UK has a similar version as well.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRETwaTIpTc

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope steelbeasts have this vehicle (Crawable or AI)

 

TANK:

1.M46/47

2.M48A2/3/5/A2G2

2.T-54/T-54B

3.M41/M41G/NM116

4.M24 Chaffee

5.Chinese Type 59D/69's

7.AMX-30/30B

8.JP Type 61

9.JP Type 74

10.KR K1/K1A1

11.M60A1/A2/M60T

12.M551/M551A2

13.M50/M51 SuperSherman

14.Strv103

15.SK-105

16.T-62BDD

 

PC:

1.AMX-10'S

2.VBCI

3.BMD-1/4

4.BTR-82

 

SPG:

1.M110

2.2S7/2S7M

3.M270 MLRS

4.M44/53/55

5.2S19

 

So I was asking too much......:P

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish I wish I were a fish...

 

Wait no I don't.

 

But I wish AI gunners had the ability to go "I can't hit that from here" after missing 4, 5, 6, or 20 times, and then to search for a new target, slow their rate of fire, or wait for the target to be more exposed instead of wasting ammo as fast as they can...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Significant dust clouds in front of the tank after firing, accompanied with the needed two-tank gunnery (one fires, another observes) would make desert scenarios more realistic, as in many cases the dust cloud prevents fire adjustment by the TC.

Moreover, in some cases getting fire adjustments from infantry might also be useful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Different voices for each commander in a platoon with each voice recorded three or four times over with different inflection and chosen randomly but the system each time the wav file (or whatever) is requested, so you don't hear the repetitive "We're taking fire here" sounding exactly the same over and over which is a bit of am immersion kill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are two small things I don't understand in SB? 

 

1- Non AT-5b for ATGM missile team, but BMP-2 have it. 

 

2- We get T-72B1 1985/2012 versions playable, both export version but then the Russian T-72B with ATGM option remain AI and no options to get ATGM in T-72.

 

quiet weird...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Chiquito said:

There are two small things I don't understand in SB? 

 

1- Non AT-5b for ATGM missile team, but BMP-2 have it. 

 

2- We get T-72B1 1985/2012 versions playable, both export version but then the Russian T-72B with ATGM option remain AI and no options to get ATGM in T-72.

 

quiet weird...

 

I suspect:

 

1. You may not be aware that you can choose a bunch of ATGM missile types for the dismounted unit via the "ammunition" option.

 

You can pick AT-3 or AT-4 as the optional weapon.

 

With AT-4 selected you can then choose between AT-4a, AT-4b or AT-4c via the ammunition choice.

 

Or are you saying you want AT-5b as a choice for the dismounts?

 

2. I'm pretty sure the additional ATGM sighting system, etc. is why the non ATGM vehicle is playable while the ATGM equipped one isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

 

I suspect:

 

1. You may not be aware that you can choose a bunch of ATGM missile types for the dismounted unit via the "ammunition" option.

 

You can pick AT-3 or AT-4 as the optional weapon.

 

With AT-4 selected you can then choose between AT-4a, AT-4b or AT-4c via the ammunition choice.

 

Or are you saying you want AT-5b as a choice for the dismounts?

 

2. I'm pretty sure the additional ATGM sighting system, etc. is why the non ATGM vehicle is playable while the ATGM equipped one isn't.

 

I was under the impression that Soviet tanks with ATGM launchers in Pro PE were treated by the program as if they had their man gun and a separate ATGM launcher due to limitations in the code.

 

This isnt so bad when the AI does it, but it would mess things up for the player...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Rotareneg said:

 

There is rain noise:

 

 

I want to armour plate the bus and add some gun ports some run flat tyres,

 We could call it the Battle bus. Lol

always enjoyed that scene from The Gauntlet.

Edited by Marko
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

 

I suspect:

 

1. You may not be aware that you can choose a bunch of ATGM missile types for the dismounted unit via the "ammunition" option.

 

You can pick AT-3 or AT-4 as the optional weapon.

 

With AT-4 selected you can then choose between AT-4a, AT-4b or AT-4c via the ammunition choice.

 

Or are you saying you want AT-5b as a choice for the dismounts?

 

2. I'm pretty sure the additional ATGM sighting system, etc. is why the non ATGM vehicle is playable while the ATGM equipped one isn't.

 

Yes I am aware because I have tested ATGM team with all the range list of missile and the most useless ATGM system for missile team are AT-3 (all are old versions) and the AT-4 (old versions as well). That's why is weird see the AT-5 in BMP-2 as playable and  at he other hand see a old schoolt AT ATGM missile for missile team. Will be realistic see the AT-5 for missile team as well.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marko said:

I want to armour plate the bus and add some gun ports some run flat tyres,

 We could call it the Battle bus. Lol

always enjoyed that scene from The Gauntlet.

I'm picturing the scene from Dawn of the Dead where they have a bus rigged up with chainsaws down the sides and drive it through a crowd of zombies...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Chiquito said:

 

Yes I am aware because I have tested ATGM team with all the range list of missile and the most useless ATGM system for missile team are AT-3 (all are old versions) and the AT-4 (old versions as well). That's why is weird see the AT-5 in BMP-2 as playable and  at he other hand see a old schoolt AT ATGM missile for missile team. Will be realistic see the AT-5 for missile team as well.

 

 

Esim usually tries to get good info on the weapon system first to avoid "fantasy-weapons". No Info an the AT-5 launcher....no AT-5 launcher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Grenny said:

Esim usually tries to get good info on the weapon system first to avoid "fantasy-weapons". No Info an the AT-5 launcher....no AT-5 launcher.

Same 9P135M-series launcher is used for AT-4 and  AT-5 missiles. AT-5, if fired from  any launcher except 9P148(BRDM-AT) have range reduced to 3000 meters; limiting factor is a 17,5 sec. operation time of T-307B batteries providing electric power  to launcher`s control unit.

Edited by Jartsev
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Grenny said:

Esim usually tries to get good info on the weapon system first to avoid "fantasy-weapons". No Info an the AT-5 launcher....no AT-5 launcher.

 

How you can know they have no info about AT-5 launcher? You work for eSim? Or you just don't like see AT-5 in missile team?

 

AT-5 is wide used even by ex Warsaw Pact countries. I think eSim can bring a powerful ATGM like AT-5 for missile team, also there are some modifications for AT-3 and AT-4 missiles with better RHAe. The current version performance for such missile in game are max 520 mm RHAe while SB bring the last technology for MBT you keep get it only 520 mm RHAe ATGM. That have no sense.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

It looks like to me that, you have knowledge, and data for the AT-5, and RHA values, so could you provide such data to E-Sims so we call all have a correct AT-5 soonest. Thanks in advance

 

But the question is. How can you know eSim have not data for AT-5? You all work for eSim? 

 

I suspect you are trying to convince the eSim community that AT-5b is not for in game playable because just eSim have not info about this missile/launcher. But in this case it is in game and playable, but only for BMP-2.

 

 BMP-2 is an easy target for MBT with TIS units, so the threat is solved. But in missile team they can keep hide like in real life. 

 

Every time I take the M1 I know all the ATGM man portable are only 520mm RHAe. Then I feel this is so easy. I always end mission as a winner very quick and easy. I wanna fell the threat for real, otherwise all we have at the other side is obsolete from 70's.

 

I was trying to change my enemy hardware in mission editor and all I find there is obsolete hardware from soviet 70's era with some exemption like T-90 and T-80 and some other downgraded hardware for export. 

 

Will be pretty good improve the OPFOR forces.

Edited by Chiquito
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well YOU are saying this, so YOU must know, so could YOU please provide the required information on the above request, simple.

 

I always end mission as a winner very quick and easy. I wanna fell the threat for real

Great join us online, you will be our hero, we are always looking for good players that don't lose,  really, join us!

Edited by 12Alfa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

Well YOU are saying this, so YOU must know, so could YOU please provide the required information on the above request, simple.

 

I always end mission as a winner very quick and easy. I wanna fell the threat for real

Great join us online, you will be our hero, we are always looking for good players that don't lose,  really, join us!

 

You wrong. I am a customer I don't need to provide anything to the developer to get a balanced and realistic product.

 

thank you for the invitation, i don't want be your hero.

Edited by Chiquito
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chiquito said:

 

How you can know they have no info about AT-5 launcher? You work for eSim? Or you just don't like see AT-5 in missile team?

 

AT-5 is wide used even by ex Warsaw Pact countries. I think eSim can bring a powerful ATGM like AT-5 for missile team, also there are some modifications for AT-3 and AT-4 missiles with better RHAe. The current version performance for such missile in game are max 520 mm RHAe while SB bring the last technology for MBT you keep get it only 520 mm RHAe ATGM. That have no sense.

 

 

I'd like to see all weapons possible included, but I'd like to have them done right. (or, as right as possible)

Otherwise this turns into an arcade game which I would not like.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, Chiquito said:

You wrong. I am a customer I don't need to provide anything to the developer to get a balanced and realistic product.

 

Yes, as a consumer you can demand everything.

If you want to get something done however, providing help is more useful. Also, you tried to make a case that it would be "only reasonable" to have the AT-5 in and started a needless conspiracy theory as to why this may not be the case; therefore the onus is on you to convince the audience that your argument holds water. What you did however was not the textbook case how to make friends and to convince other people that you may have a point. It fosters entirely needless antagonism.

 

A few general remarks:

As eSim Games we are at a fundamental disadvantage in all these discussions. We don't discuss our plans, because plans are cheap and subject to change, and every statement that I made in the last two decades was usually shaped into an argument later as to why we failed to meet expectations ("But... you promised!" (add teary-eyed girl face)) whenever circumstances forced us to change plans. And we're not always at liberty to explain what circumstances changed. Surprisingly I don't like emotional blackmail.

Besides, no sane company offers complete transparency in its product develoment process. Second, you forget that every feature, even the simplest one, costs time to implement. Time is a finite resource. If we could put everything into Steel Beasts that we wanted, it would have been perfect on August 27th, 2000, and we would never have been forced to release any update to the software whatsoever. So, one of the reasons why a certain thing may not be in the software is that we simply ran out of time. We regularly do that. If we didn't, we wouldn't release anything because there's always "one more thing" that would be desirable to add.

 

So, you want an AT-5 missile for dismounte troops, and you don't want to do anything. Fair enough. Just write "I'd like to have an AT-5 missile for the ATGM teams, please". We will take notice, there won't be much of a discussion, and who knows, with a bit of luck one of the next updates will include it, and you can take pride and tell yourself "I made that happen" (...even though, of course, our programmers and 3D artists and researchers (and my money) would have done all the heavy lifting).

 

As to the question that you feel invincible in your M1 because of all the obsolete OpFor equipment, I can but recommend to use the original M1 or the M1IP. Still M1, but more vulnerable than the A1(HA) or the A2SEP. Or the M60A3. Similar fire control system, WAY more vulnerable. The sense of invincibility will quickly evaporate. Or you take the IFV route, if you're serious about wanting a challenge. What are your difficulty settings? Crank them up and see how that changes the balance.

What I'm trying to say here is that there are plenty of ways to make things more dangerous for you if the "lack of a challenge" is a serious argument of yours and not a straw man. They all work immediately. Demanding an AT-5 to be added, even in the best of cases, will still take at least half a year before it could possibly materialize.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...