Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

2 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Allow me to clarify

I am not happy with using the M113 as a FV432 stand in.

Esp the A1 / A2 models, That back end looks like the designers just gave up, A3 model is OK

Any addition of crewable vehicles is a good thing.

If you guys really want a true representation of (BAOR) equipment then we need one of these. 

Land_Rover_Lightweight_(9896535976).jpg

• Members

Even if I did, I'm not sure what the sad face is for; some people play horrid computer wargames with tanks and scores of dead soldiers in it and find that entertaining. Who am I to be judgmental about media consumption? Not every family can read original Shakespeare in distribuited roles to each other every evening at the fireplace, after practicing the Auloss in the afternoon. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Been researching Chinese Armour recently.

Most types are inferior copy's of soviet designs type 59 etc.

Not sure if theirs enough Data to model some of the newer designs like the Type 96 upwards.

The T-55 currently modeled in SB and the T-72M,

Represent PLA Armour very well.

The Type 85-11M armed with the 125mm earlier models had a (105mm)

But there is one model that interests me, Its the T-59D fitted with a copy of the L7 105 cannon with 1st gen reactive Armour smoke discharges and a better fire control and engine. i believe it would make for a interesting addition to SB.

It would IMO, hold its own against some of the earlier NATO Tanks leo-1 M-60 etc 

type59D_15.jpg

36 minutes ago, Captain_Colossus said:

in that time period china is much more likely to fight the soviets and/or vietnam than the west.

Or even a Indo Chinese campaign.

But again it would make for a interesting addition for mission designers

I read Sudan had about 300 models of the type -59 not sure if they converted any to the D variant though.

don't get me wrong, i would never argue against more content. virtually all the equipment for china that we do have in steel beasts have been removed from active duty service (bmp-1, t-55, pt-76), never really deployed at all (t-62) or approximations of modern equipment using t-72 or leopard 2 or something.  i do think in general the west versus china is going to look differently anyway, mostly amphibious or naval operations. outside that, there's no reason fictional but plausible scenarios can't be set up for fun...

1 hour ago, Red2112 said:

Speaking of amphibious, do we have any amphibious IFV/APC´s in SB?  Did the Bradley ever become a "workable" amphibious vehicle? Even a better question, dose SB simulate snorkel/amphibious kits.  Sorry if this has already been asked.

Red

All the soviet IFV/APC in game are Amphibious and a few western designs are also.

Tanks snorkeling is not currently modeled   

On 11/8/2018 at 3:22 AM, Red2112 said:

Thanks @Marko and @Ssnake 

Knew about the soviets in real life, not sure about the Bradley, but which ones are amphibious for the western? Looked at some of the M series on the "wiki" but nothing said.

Red

Off the top of my head ....

First Gen Bradley (not modelled) yes.

The modelled Bradley isn't.

M113 family (except M113AS4).

ASLAV PC variant.

Edited by Gibsonm

3 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Off the top of my head ....

First Gen Bradley (not modelled) yes.

The modelled Bradley isn't.

M113 family.

ASLAV PC variant

Thank you Sir!

Yes, knew the first gen Bradley had the curtain set up, but red that it didn´t turn out to good, and you could not shoot once the curtain was up.  I just wonderd if they ever got around a better kit after the first gen.

Now knowing we have amphibious capability in SB, the obvious questions is, what water mark (legend on map) should we look for that dictates a amphibious vehicle can cross/move through it?  As in shallow water maybe etc.  Or is it by trail and error?

Again, thank you Mark. <S>

--

Edited by Red2112

• Members
2 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Now knowing we have amphibious capability in SB, the obvious questions is, what water mark (legend on map) should we look for that dictates a amphibious vehicle can cross/move through it?

If it swims, it swims, no matter how deep the water is.

7 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Yes, knew the first gen Bradley had the curtain set up, but red that it didn´t turn out to good, and you could not shoot once the curtain was up.  I just wonderd if they ever got around a better kit after the first gen.

It became irrelevant because they up armoured it so it was no longer amphibious. Same thing with the weapon ports - subsequent up armouring blocked off the ports.

7 hours ago, Red2112 said:

Now knowing we have amphibious capability in SB, the obvious questions is, what water mark (legend on map) should we look for that dictates a amphibious vehicle can cross/move through it?  As in shallow water maybe etc.  Or is it by trail and error?

Well you need to look for suitable entry and exit points.

Once you are in the water it will float - its the getting in and out that are the tricky bit.

There is no "ford" or similar marker on the map. There are points that the map will suggest are more "likely" than others (e.g.: a water course cutting into hill creating a gorge is unlikely) but you need to do a reconnaissance in the 3D world and look at slope, vegetation, terrain type, etc.

Edited by Gibsonm