Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

9 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

At the risk of derailing this thread

😄

LOL I wouldn't worry about a derail. Requests for features frequently prompt multiple-post discussions of said requests.

In this case, I'd like to use your workaround for a dismountable vehicle commander, and I can most certainly give him the 3D apearance of a crewman instead of an infantryman. But I've found a possible bug. I probably should start a separate thread in Support.

In short, even when setting the ASLAV-PC's to NOT have the commander/radio damage upon dismount ... they become 'infected' with that option when combined in a unit with the ASLAV-25's that have it. If you subsequently separate a PC from the pack, it will now lose its radio and commander when you dismount its squad.

That's not desirable, but relevant to the request to make the damage/repair if options saveable in a template.

Edited by Splash
Separate support thread started/linked.

• Members

The enhancement to dismount vehicle commanders has been registered (in 2006) as bug 734... It even has a fairly high priority. We just never seem to get the time to actually work on it, since it's complicated, and there's always something else that appears slightly mor urgent.

Sigh. So much to do, so little time.

• Members

Why, yes. That's now possible - see Grenny's "Anker wirf!" video.

For each emplacement you can set a reference that is the lowest point in the terrain that can still be engaged from behind the berm. It will then be dug accordingly.

15 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

Lately I picked up from a local library a book called Tigers in the Mud and that got me really excited about WW2 tank warfare. I wish we could have those in Steel Beasts, in fact, more than ever, I wish that we could MOD our own tanks in.

LoL, Good Luck.

To scratch your WW2 Itch, I suggest Sho't Kal (L52) vs T-55 (BR-412) and Squint a bit.

11 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

Dynamic thermal signatures would be cool... (get it!?)

*Slap*

That is a Dad Joke, and has no place here!

:P

14 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Why, yes. That's now possible - see Grenny's "Anker wirf!" video.

For each emplacement you can set a reference that is the lowest point in the terrain that can still be engaged from behind the berm. It will then be dug accordingly.

😁

The option of disabling or at least temporarily overriding the AI (all of it) in player controlled vehicles. The AI often seems to suffer from severe target fixation, stubbornly ignores all commands  and will essentially reduce the player to a passenger/observer in the supposedly "player controlled" vehicle........i have lost countless vehicles because the computer would refuse to let me move the unit or it would ignore new target commands....for instance a higher priority target popping up. 

58 minutes ago, MikeKiloPapa said:

The option of disabling or at least temporarily overriding the AI (all of it) in player controlled vehicles. The AI often seems to suffer from severe target fixation, stubbornly ignores all commands  and will essentially reduce the player to a passenger/observer in the supposedly "player controlled" vehicle........i have lost countless vehicles because the computer would refuse to let me move the unit or it would ignore new target commands....for instance a higher priority target popping up. 

You know about the "t" key right?

On 6/16/2019 at 11:24 AM, stormrider_sp said:

Lately I picked up from a local library a book called Tigers in the Mud and that got me really excited about WW2 tank warfare. I wish we could have those in Steel Beasts, in fact, more than ever, I wish that we could MOD our own tanks in.

Try "Panzer Elite Special Edition" (GOG) with mods (Ostpak Redux). It´s only €5,39 at GOG.

Red

8 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

You know about the "t" key right?

Yes of course i do🙄......the "t" only gets the TC of your back when you are in the gunners seat.....and only for a few seconds at that.........What i am talking about is that when in contact with the enemy , the AI never completely lets go of the player controlled vehicle, even ignoring or resisting player issued commands.......one can literally see the opposed programming "fighting" each other in the vehicle behavior.  I surely can not be the only one to have noticed this ? Its been that way for long but its been getting gradually worse as the AI has become more advanced in later SB versions.

5 hours ago, Bond_Villian said:

Rich text in the briefing, and images (file size limited if need be).

Also, 'dynamic' map graphics that could be set by the scenario designer to appear/disappear as events/conditions occur during the action phase

That last one has been in bugzilla since the dinosaurs were wiped out!!