Jump to content
Azure Lion

Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Recommended Posts

I'm kind of a sucker for hit decals. A small thing all things considered, but I just kind of like having them. 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

If you can't see the disrespectful condescension in thewood's comment at your age, than surely it will not be me that gets through to you.  It's about showing an ounce of leadership and defending people that are being needlessly put down, not ego.  Now I'm done here.  Let it go.  

There was no disrespect in in that thread and no disrespect was intended.  I was pointing out that the same poster comes in and continuously requests new features and uses supposed RTS games as a model.  SB isn't and RTS and I expect the majority of players don't seem to want it.  That's not even considering the military customers.  

 

Respect is that once its pointed out that a game won't be moving in that direction, you respectfully stop bringing it up in a thread dedicated to a content wishlist.  On a wishlist, you shouldn't bring up the same thing repeatedly, just because you don't like the answer.  Be respectful if someone disagrees and drop it.  Start a new thread on it if you want.  Don't continue clog up a thread with the argument.  The equivalent of "Take it outside".

 

Btw, the weakest form of debate and argument is claiming that a counter-argument is somehow restricting someone's ability to post an opinion.  If you are so weak in your opinion that someone merely posting a different view, you probably should rethink the opinion.  I have as much right to an opinion as that guy.  Are you now restricting my right to an opinion?  I am assuming you aren't, unless I am missing something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thewood said:

There was no disrespect in in that thread and no disrespect was intended.  I was pointing out that the same poster comes in and continuously requests new features and uses supposed RTS games as a model.  SB isn't and RTS and I expect the majority of players don't seem to want it.  That's not even considering the military customers.  

 

Respect is that once its pointed out that a game won't be moving in that direction, you respectfully stop bringing it up in a thread dedicated to a content wishlist.  On a wishlist, you shouldn't bring up the same thing repeatedly, just because you don't like the answer.  Be respectful if someone disagrees and drop it.  Start a new thread on it if you want.  Don't continue clog up a thread with the argument.  The equivalent of "Take it outside".

 

Btw, the weakest form of debate and argument is claiming that a counter-argument is somehow restricting someone's ability to post an opinion.  If you are so weak in your opinion that someone merely posting a different view, you probably should rethink the opinion.  I have as much right to an opinion as that guy.  Are you now restricting my right to an opinion?  I am assuming you aren't, unless I am missing something.

I was _trying but may have failed- to make that same point. We know there may be underlying issues, and hard to tell from a post. So congrads to your above debate argument , to clear up my view.

 

No disrespect from my post was intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know that you can select multiple units before setting those conditions, right?

Even with the lasso function, if you disable the display of routes, waypoints, and map graphics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Breakthrough7 said:

@thewood I'm now sure you were absolutely trying to be respectful.  How I managed to misread your post as somehow needlessly flippant, and dismissive of @Japo32 is now beyond me.  You clearly challenged him directly, respectfully, and on the substance of his wishes, in the spirit of free debate.  My apologies.  Won't happen again.  

@12Alfa Thanks for the wisdom, sometime when you get the time, I'd love to hear more about how you owe your life to keeping your map board out of the turret in combat.  Absolutely fascinating.  

Thanks for sorting me out guys, you're the best.  

Well ,having it on top, when I'm inside would cause issues if I need to read it, and never used a map board, I fold my map to the tactical area I'm working.

 

Mapboards...I have seen this done in training, not so much in combat, bad habits might be hard to break....

 

Love to hear how you read it out side in combat when rounds, IED and other objects are flying around , maybe your combat was different, so we can agree that each has different experiences, and handle them in the way we were taught, and adapted to each situation.

 

The outside of my AFV had frag marks, but your right, no worries about them , a map board would have protected me.........

 

My life is owed to many things, having my map in front of me is not one of them,  surrounded by armour is.

 

I would say this is not the correct thread, and it seems confrontational, ill end it on my end, feel free to carry on. :)

Edited by 12Alfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Requesting essential Central Asian road traffic update, animated donkey not required but quadruped suspension a must.   

IMG_5726.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2019 at 4:02 AM, daft said:

I'm kind of a sucker for hit decals. A small thing all things considered, but I just kind of like having them. 😊

Although this is totally eye candy.....Yhea I kinda want this too.  I want to see the damage!  (Some day, anyway, I still want my Milan launcher for my Marder first)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grenny said:

The NZLAV is a Ok-ish proxy for that one.

But true, the real deal would be better

Ya, don't know if it would be a lot of work or not , If not too much work it would be nice to have, mostly upgraded armor.

Not sure if the 360 vehicles being ordered now are LAV 6 or upgraded again ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure of the effort vs value...ERA, slat armor, and other available/possible armor packages as a part of the options menu for specific vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If some of these were to be implemented three years from now I'd be delighted as I'm over the moon with 4.159.

 

Nanodrones (squad/section level).

Quad/hex copters of various sizes and specificaitons, including options for explosives, either built in or droppable (40mm grenades with shuttlecock tails etc.), perhaps anti tank rockets as several drones out there have this capability.

Dedicated suicide drones like Switchblade and Harop.

Yes, I've asked for it before, but BONUS/SMArt and GMLRS delivered equivalents.

Simulation of metal detectors and IED jammers.

Off route mines.

(low priority) WAM HORNET type intelligent, networked, top attack mines.

Ability to launch single GMLRS rockets.

Ability of snipers to be switched to engage any target, not just high value.

Ground based lasers in anti drone and anti air roles.

Drone jammers, hand held up to truck mounted.

 

 

 

Edited by ChrisWerb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Parachuteprone said:

Ya, don't know if it would be a lot of work or not , If not too much work it would be nice to have, mostly upgraded armor.

Not sure if the 360 vehicles being ordered now are LAV 6 or upgraded again ?

 

https://www.gdlscanada.com/products/LAV/LAV-6.0.html

https://canadianarmytoday.com/mobile-lethal-and-better-protected-lessons-from-the-lav/

Edited by 12Alfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should also note that

1 Government rules say no sole source buying except for special conditions, this LAV purchase is not one of them

2. Election near, might be buying vote (no that never happens here), so may well fall through.

 

In the end it may not go through, as we have a history with buying mil equipment in the country. Time will tell. We do need them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Parachuteprone said:

I thought the TUA was dropped ?

 

 

30 minutes ago, Parachuteprone said:

I thought the TUA was dropped ?

 

TUA/TOW died from neglect between the Armour and Infantry Corps during Afghanistan, we still have the TUA turrets and ITAS systems stored in Montreal, but though there has been some discussions about the state of Anti-armour in the CA,

 

TOW Ptls have been removed from the ORBAT also.

Edited by 12Alfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The TUA turret could be added, as a option to sooooo many AFV;s in the sim as the RWS has...just saying.:)

 

 

Edited by 12Alfa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...