Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

16 hours ago, Ssnake said:

We're still leveraging games technology and gaming techniques to deliver better training, at the lowest prices possible. So it's not entirely nostalgic to keep the "Game" in the name. Plus, being a Games company gives us license to be eccentric, especially with job titles and email addresses, to break out of the boredom of "respectable conduct" in the corporate world. :P

So speaking of all this "gaming", and going back to the prior question I raised... 

I am sympathetic to your limited resources situation, and having to prioritize certain developments over others.  For example, rather than asking E-Sim to "Make me an FV432" for British scenarios, I instead asked for the M113 to get the M240 as an optional weapon.  This was done.  I've now made at least two scenarios (only one released as yet) where M113's with M240's are in the scenario and the player is told "Those are not M113s you're looking at.  Squint harder at the FV432!" because it's close enough.

I understand that getting enough information on something like the T-90 or the T-80 to make it playable means it's gonna take a long time to get it done, if ever.  So what about making a few "gaming" enhancements to vehicles that are already included so that we can leverage off of them?

For example, I would love to have a Leopard 1 with early Passive IR night sights.  What I've suggested in the past was essentially a copy/paste of the Leopard AS1 which is already done and in game, and which I frequently use as an "Ersatz Leo1A4" quite happily, slapping in a quick PZB-200 style night sight, and renaming it "Leopard 1A4" or something.  Code for the night sight should be pretty close to what we have for the T-72's night sights, perhaps with somewhat better picture quality.  In fact, this is essentially already implemented on the Warrior IFV.

Quick, dirty, and now we can throw the T-55/62/72 up against something that isn't going to slaughter it with thermal predator vision when we play around with the wonderful new night time environment.  Similarly, why not leverage off the existing T-72s to fill the gap for a "modern OPFOR" tank?  It doesn't have to be 100% correct to be put in as a "Stand in!  Deal with it, use it, don't use it, either way, here!" vehicle does it?

6 hours ago, Maj.Hans said:

For example, I would love to have a Leopard 1 with early Passive IR night sights.  What I've suggested in the past was essentially a copy/paste of the Leopard AS1 which is already done and in game, and which I frequently use as an "Ersatz Leo1A4" quite happily, slapping in a quick PZB-200 style night sight, and renaming it "Leopard 1A4" or something.  Code for the night sight should be pretty close to what we have for the T-72's night sights, perhaps with somewhat better picture quality.  In fact, this is essentially already implemented on the Warrior IFV.

Oh yes!

3 hours ago, Kev2go said:

And a M60A1 RISE Passive.

Although that would be great to have, I think those had optical rangefinders.

I will point out that although they seem to be almost entirely unknown, there was at least one short run of "M60A3 Passive", which would be otherwise identical to the current M60A3 TTS featured in Pro PE, but with Passive IR night sights instead of thermals.  That one, again, is something that I see as a "Quick add".

1 hour ago, TSe419E said:

Nothing wrong with, or particularly slow or inaccurate, with the optical range finder of the M60A1.  It just takes a little more crew coordination.

I'm more concerned with eSims ability/willingness to put in the time to model it.  I don't know if the ProPE engine can actually model an optical rangefinder like that, or what it would take from the team.  Although I would LOVE to have a 60A1 RISE Passive, as well as a USMC model with Blazer ERA, if the situation was between actually getting an A3 Passive, or wishing forever for an A1....Well....

On the related subject of working with what we have...

@SsnakeCan we get an option in the scenario builder to "Remove" rather than to "Damage" subsystems?

A vehicle with a system "Removed" will behave exactly as if the system is "Damaged", but the player won't have the blinking damage warning up on the screen for the entire mission...

Edited by Maj.Hans

Few wishes:

-Faster inf when nudging heavy weapons, right now is too slow to be useful

-PC/IFV resupplying their OWN inf at distance, like normal supply truck, with no need to mount/dismount inf.

-Tactics BP keeping the spacing from the previous route,not going to medium spacing always.

On 8/21/2019 at 6:45 AM, Maj.Hans said:

A vehicle with a system "Removed" will behave exactly as if the system is "Damaged", but the player won't have the blinking damage warning up on the screen for the entire mission...

👍😎

Edited by Hoover
Update

On 8/23/2019 at 4:01 AM, Rotareneg said:

This x1000. Controlling platoons in narrow corridors is such a pain when BPs keep resetting to normal spacing.

Yes I totally agree on this, should keep the same spacing as previous route.

• Members

Yes... we will address it (already working on it). But it's one of those "big ticket" development items, right up there with "new terrain engine" or "new HE model". It will get done, I just can't give you a deadline by which it'll be guaranteed to be solved.