Jump to content
Azure Lion

Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Recommended Posts

I'm sorry for wishing too much:

 

I'd like to add these two items to my wish list:

 

3- Extra Wide Formation Spacing.

8- Adjustable map relief scale = Adjustable Min/Max altitude/grey gradient

 

And an updated version of my all wishes:

1- Map Import Tool

2- Import shapefile/data/metadata from Pro PE Map Editor

4- Playable T-90 (A, MS)

5- Playable Challenger 1

6- Earlier Leopard 1 FCS, Optical Range Finder, Infrared Search Lights, Low light image intensifiers, etc.

7- Formation Editor

 

9- Protractor

10- WW2 Tank Warfare

11- VR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Parachuteprone said:

I would like a little AI only OPFOR patch. Right now we just have Russian equipment.

 

???

 

Anything can be OPFOR equipment. You can have M1s vs Leopards or whatever you desire.

 

In fact you can play Russians as Blue and have NATO as OPFOR, if you create the scenario that way.

 

Edited by Gibsonm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The IP saving thing is a great addition, but it would be much better if you could add a name or a description. Something like this

91.24.53.64-Kanium server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colebrook said:

The IP saving thing is a great addition, but it would be much better if you could add a name or a description. Something like this

91.24.53.64-Kanium server

Not sure how much work would be required in incorporating a DNS service to the application.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

???

 

Anything can be OPFOR equipment. You can have M1s vs Leopards or whatever you desire.

 

In fact you can play Russians as Blue and have NATO as OPFOR, if you create the scenario that way.

 

True enough but most tend to think of Blue as Nato/west and Red as a possible/most likely adversarial nation. China, North Korea, Iran etc.

I doubt there are many United Kingdom vs Australia scenarios made for example. To a Russian player the U.S. would be OPFOR.

Perhaps I should say likely opposing nations to Western countries such as U.S. UK, France etc. The only one really represented is Russia.

Just seems awkward to explain.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Parachuteprone said:

True enough but most tend to think of Blue as Nato/west and Red as a possible/most likely adversarial nation. China, North Korea, Iran etc.

I doubt there are many United Kingdom vs Australia scenarios made for example. To a Russian player the U.S. would be OPFOR.

Perhaps I should say likely opposing nations to Western countries such as U.S. UK, France etc. The only one really represented is Russia.

Just seems awkward to explain.

 

So it might be clearer to list the countries and possible equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, thewood said:

So it might be clearer to list the countries and possible equipment.

In retrospect , yes :)

 

What I am wishing for is a small AI vehicle patch (Not requiring game improvements ) For China, North Korea and Iran. Maybe 8 or so vehicles total.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Parachuteprone said:

In retrospect , yes :)

 

What I am wishing for is a small AI vehicle patch (Not requiring game improvements ) For China, North Korea and Iran. Maybe 8 or so vehicles total.

 

You do know there are nations, camouflage and vehicle textures (that someone did!!) for East Germany, Czechoslovakia , China (1970s and modern), USSR, Russia(Contemporary) and Ukraine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

You do know there are nations, camouflage and vehicle textures (that someone did!!) for East Germany, Czechoslovakia , China (1970s and modern), USSR, Russia(Contemporary) and Ukraine?

Yes , but they are using lookalikes or some of those nations are in game now

In the case of China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_People's_Liberation_Army_Ground_Force

 

The BMP 3 would be somewhat close to a Chinese APC externally. I see nothing like their type 96 for example.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Parachuteprone said:

Yes , but they are using lookalikes or some of those nations are in game now

In the case of China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_People's_Liberation_Army_Ground_Force

 

The BMP 3 would be somewhat close to a Chinese APC externally. I see nothing like their type 96 for example.

Thanks for the textures BTW , I do use some of them :)

 

16 minutes ago, Parachuteprone said:

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Parachuteprone said:

Yes , but they are using lookalikes or some of those nations are in game now

In the case of China

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_People's_Liberation_Army_Ground_Force

 

The BMP 3 would be somewhat close to a Chinese APC externally. I see nothing like their type 96 for example.

 

 

 

 

Im still in doubt to what really you're saying. By patch, do you mean marking?  If so, are you aware that textures snd skins are widely moddable? You can create any skin and "patch" to any vehicle as you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Not sure how much work would be required in incorporating a DNS service to the application.

Not a DNS, a name or a description that you write yourself, because remembering who each IP is only with the numbers is difficult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

Im still in doubt to what really you're saying. By patch, do you mean marking?  If so, are you aware that textures snd skins are widely moddable? You can create any skin and "patch" to any vehicle as you like.

 

No, a small vehicle only release to add some AI vehicles that I think are likely to be adversarial to the West.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, I would guess that, because of the very significant investment involved, most if not all new vehicles introduced to SB from now on, are going to be paid for by military customers or created with the intent of wooing military customers and keeping the product relevant. That's why we have particularly seen highly detailed playable vehicles used by NL and Belgium, plus Russian OPFOR non-playable "prototypes" appear recently, for example. It's a big ask to request a completely new vehicle, so I tend to avoid it.  

Edited by ChrisWerb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I follow the logic.  I don't think any government body asked for a Chiefton, Centurion, or AMX-13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that the older vehicles are done by eSim employees as a labor of love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, there are a bunch of "nostalgia" vehicles in there, but AFAIK none have been added recently and even minor mods to existing older vehicles (for instance an earlier Leo 1 with passive IR sights which keeps getting requested) have not happened - I hope that changes. My favourite and far and away most used vehicle in SB is the Leo2A4. I would not ask someone for a labour of love on my behalf, though. That's just me.

Edited by ChrisWerb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ChrisWerb said:

Yes, there are a bunch of "nostalgia" vehicles in there, but AFAIK none have been added recently and even minor mods to existing older vehicles (for instance an earlier Leo 1 with passive IR sights which keeps getting requested) have not happened - I hope that changes. My favourite and far and away most used vehicle in SB is the Leo2A4. I would not ask someone for a labour of love on my behalf, though. That's just me.

BTR-80, BTR-82A, ACRV, SA-9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

BTR-80, BTR-82A, ACRV, SA-9

Those are all current and in (sometimes widespread) service so relevant to current military customers as OPFOR. Not really nostalgia vehicles IMHO. AFAIK Jpz Rakete (HOT) and Spahpanzer Luchs by comparison aren't in service with anyone anymore and others are getting rare, or extinct, at least in Europe (Leo1A5, M60A3, M901, T-62).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ChrisWerb said:

<snip> and even minor mods to existing older vehicles (for instance an earlier Leo 1 with passive IR sights which keeps getting requested) have not happened </snip>

BTR-80

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

BTR-80

 

OK, "often happened" ... I'm not being critical, just acknowledging that making vehicles, and playable ones in particular must be orders of magnitude more work than some of the other things requested, some of which have application right across SB, I am completely in awe of the vehicle interiors in particular. In fact, at 54 years old, I'm awestruck every time I play SB, and the only other simulation can say that about is Harpoon/CMANO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...