Azure Lion

Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

I just built a quick mission and a T-55 had no issues pulling back and going around.  A second test had a platoon of three where the first one was knocked out.  The second in line struggled a little with backing up because of the third tank in line, but they eventually sorted it out.  This was a village with maybe 5 meters on each side of the road.

On 4/22/2017 at 10:55 AM, Panzer_Leader said:

I'm really pleased with the direction eSim has taken the 4.x updates and my personal Wish List has done well out of them, including an updated ASLAV-25 3D model and interior in 4.019.  Although it doesn't change materially, I thought I should update my Wish List post-4.019:

1. Updated 3D model for ASLAV-PC <New ASLAV-25 3D model and interior released 4.019>
  2. Updated 3D model for M113AS4
  3. Challenger 1 Mk 3 (crewable, 3D interior)
  4. M2/M3A1
  5. FV432
  6. ACRV IV14/15
  7. T-80BV
  8. SPG-9
  9. IP/M1 105 mm interior gun breech and external (commander's view) fume extractor model
  10. Updated 3D model for British infantry with Mk 6 or Mk 7 helmet

Cheers

I did well out of 4.1 again with #6 on my Top 10 Wish List, the ACRV IV14/15, being included (not to mention the incredible improvements to the Steel Beasts environment and lethality). As I update my published scenarios for 4.162 I've been reflecting on a revised Top 10 Wish List, and here it is:

1. T-80BV
  2. Challenger 1 Mk 3 (crewable, 3D interior)
  3. M2/M3A1
  4. T-72B3
  5. Updated 3D model for M113AS4
  6. 3D model for British infantry with Mk 6 or Mk 7 helmet
  7. GAZ-66
  8. FV432
  9. SPG-9
  10. IP/M1 105 mm interior gun breech and external (commander's view) fume extractor model

I've prayed to the dev gods and I can only hope they're listening...

Some settings I'd like to see.

For all infantry "Use AT weapons in antipersonnel role" Y/N, default N

For snipers "Engage only High Value Targets" Y/N, default N

Earlier missiles for AT-3 Sagger teams and vehicles that launch the current AT-3D.

Even if they incorrectly use SACLOS guidance or the 3D model is wrong.

A recently opened menu item that lists the last 3-5 scenario files that have been opened would be a small time saver.  I accidentally open the wrong file more frequently that I probably should when I am switching back and forth between scenarios.  But with the time to load scenarios getting fairly lengthy, this would be a small quality of life help.

This can be done by setting you folder to date, I do this already before opening SB.  Many projects under way, I need to see what I've worked on last, this method is a time saver. Scenario folder open while running SB editor.

I assume you mean in Windows Explorer.  Never even considered that.  Makes sense.

On 3/9/2020 at 7:15 PM, TSe419E said:

THIS!!!

Wonder if that upgrade pack includes power traverse and elevation.

And I see they've lost their Belly Wheels.

On 3/20/2020 at 5:40 AM, Hedgehog said:

Wonder if that upgrade pack includes power traverse and elevation.

You can see at about 30 seconds into the video that it does

I wish there was a "Airstrikes available to FAC units only" checkbox in the scenario editor, as there is for artillery and FO.

11 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

I wish there was a "Airstrikes available to FAC units only" checkbox in the scenario editor, as there is for artillery and FO.

And LGB's

2 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Well these days most "FO"s are trained to be JTACs anyway (able to do Artillery, Air, NGS, etc.).

Nonetheless, being able to separate them would give flexibility to scenario designers. Specifically in the instance where you want airstrikes to only be available in the event of a trigger or at a certain time, whilst having artillery available at other/all times. Currently they are inseperable, hence the wish.

26 minutes ago, Bond_Villian said:

Nonetheless, being able to separate them would give flexibility to scenario designers. Specifically in the instance where you want airstrikes to only be available in the event of a trigger or at a certain time, whilst having artillery available at other/all times. Currently they are inseperable, hence the wish.

Ok forget I spoke.

Pointless responding to this thread.

43 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Ok forget I spoke.

Pointless responding to this thread.

Im not debating the real world role of FO or FAC, just trying to illustrate the reason for wanting the option; so as to be able to separate the availability of different arms.

19 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

IT-1

Earlier AT3 versions a, b, c

+1 even if the new AT3's have to use incorrect SACLOS guidance due to the current limitations of ProPE.  Do something else to them to simulate MCLOS guidance but remember that these will be mostly used in old scenarios anyway where modern military users likely have little interest.

While I'm wishing for things the devs will never have time to do, how about the Striker MGS, or possibly the RadKampfWagen 90?  lol

EXF_8x8_Radkampfwagen_90_pic1.thumb.JPG.39a750423227208f5bf7e943afa72c66.JPG