Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

3 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

They're mortars though.

MD is describing Howitzers.

Both actually with Mortars and arty its they can fire together but most of the time specific FOs fire with Specific Units and only those i don't know how many times we have had trouble with arty fire missions because SB arty cant be separated except with nr of tubes its the same problem when you have the AI set to fire they jsut use all of the tubes and fire nonstop you cant have some units fire with AI and some with human same problem set and fix at the same time

MD

1 hour ago, Breakthrough7 said:

The US conducts split battery operations for Howitzers, Rockets and Mortars.

AD6AEA88-2F2E-4B6A-96C4-00E0568C70ED.thumb.jpeg.6a1733cbc7fa9c6927e77361625892b8.jpeg

page 3-5 (FM 3-09.70)

7BBFDEED-28B9-49AC-A61D-6C691EA0F9A9.thumb.jpeg.3a6a70d27838da7715927bfde44228ca.jpeg

page 3-6 (FM 3-09.70)

Year we where able to do that as well but in almost every way one POC where controlling the whole BTY and if you read further in that manual you will see that for normal fire missions is with the whole BTN not BTY at once because arty is a Area weapon not a precision weapon and to get enough shells on target you need 18-24 tubes in a 250m by 250m area for it to have any effect, it was first when we got copperhead or newer rounds that we begun using individual weapons
In fact the guns are so unprecise that the setup of the guns meant something for how the rounds where spread so we always setup the BTYs in a 250m wide by 150m deep box because the direction where precise the length of the shots not so much son that it would mean a target box of 250m by 250m.

and if you didn't shift the use of which POC where firing you would run them down quickly 

MD

Edited by Major duck

33 minutes ago, Major duck said:

Year we where able to do that as well but in almost every way one POC where controlling the whole BTY and if you read further in that manual you will see that for normal fire missions is with the whole BTN not BTY at once because arty is a Area weapon not a precision weapon and to get enough shells on target you need 18-24 tubes in a 250m by 250m area for it to have any effect, it was first when we got copperhead or newer rounds that we begun using individual weapons
In fact the guns are so unprecise that the setup of the guns meant something for how the rounds where spread so we always setup the BTYs in a 250m wide by 150m deep box because the direction where precise the length of the shots not so much son that it would mean a target box of 250m by 250m.

and if you didn't shift the use of which POC where firing you would run them down quickly 

MD

That really depends on a lot of things including the intensity of the conflict,and the types of targets.  In Iraq I regularly requested fire from less than a full battery.

Wish

Mainly pertinenet to the earlier vehicles

for the AI TC to "Clear the tube" of the "ineffective at long range AP round" and load the "far more effective at long range" HE round

I.E. The longest ranged round as a bigger deciding factor in wether or not to open fire.

Edited by Hedgehog

I have mentioned this before about the 5 sec. replay rate for the AAR reply function.  I requested possibly having a more granular replay for the player.  I have been playing around with FlightControlReplay for FSX and noticed the option on replay granularity.  This is the option I'd like to see in Steel Beasts.  Let the player decide if the trade off between replay granularity and file size.

image.png.6c567e88ddae4ef11b84ccd5a44b8a26.png

My Wish List: 

-More UAV implemetation in the game (more variants, UCAVs, and more common use of UAVs). A standard US company in 2020 have atleast 1 Raven hand-held UAV. 

-T-90M (Armata series before T-90M ??) 

-MATV & GAZ Tiger 

-RWS for MBTs 

-M2A3 & M1A2 SEPv2 (M829A4 too maybe ???)

-More modern Helicopters like the KA-52, M-28N , AH64-D\E, MI-35, PARS for to the Tiger UHT and bieng able to modify the armaments the have in the scenario editor (16 Hellfires or maybe 76 Hydras and 4 AIM 92 Stingers, 8 PARS 3 with 4 AIM-92s, 12 Vkhir  ) and Flares. 

-More airstrike options in the support tab (maybe ATGMs, rockets runs or bombing runs and the BRRRRT thing) and AI for aiming the weapons (if that danm Shilka moves  1cm away from the drop zone the JDAM should follow her).

-MANPADs

Thats a long wish list when I look at it....

Edited by Stardekk

2 minutes ago, ChrisWerb said:

Ability to lock barrel in transit position (in most cases with turret facing to rear) for scenarios where friendlies are required to retreat through other units.

If you are doing a rearward passage of lines / crossing a Battle Handover line, your barrel wont be locked in the cradle which is reserved for admin moves only (usually on a truck / rail car).

It will certainly be over the rear deck / at 6 O'clock but it will be free to move and engage tgts as required.

35 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

If you are doing a rearward passage of lines / crossing a Battle Handover line, your barrel wont be locked in the cradle which is reserved for admin moves only (usually on a truck / rail car).

It will certainly be over the rear deck / at 6 O'clock but it will be free to move and engage tgts as required.

I returned to edit the post having thought of that, and you'd already picked up my error.  Instead can we please just have the ability to set the turret to train to rear (not locked there) for transit?

Edited by ChrisWerb

On 12/24/2020 at 1:21 AM, ChrisWerb said:

I returned to edit the post having thought of that, and you'd already picked up my error.  Instead can we please just have the ability to set the turret to train to rear (not locked there) for transit?

And Retreat routes while driving forwards

18 minutes ago, Rhyfel said:

"undue" and "redo" buttons in the mission editor. Sometimes I hit Control Z thinking something is going to happen...

It doesn't help with those "instant" undo / recoveries, but you can set the files to be auto-saved so if something major goes wrong you can revert to an earlier copy.