Jump to content

Steel Beasts: Content Wish List


Azure Lion
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 2/15/2021 at 6:05 AM, Bond_Villian said:

It would be helpful to have the name of the currently applied theme file available in the mission editor, on the 'Map Info' screen.

This is actually surprisingly hard to do (if you're not interested in details, now would be a good point to bail out) since the theme file's information (but not its filename!) is directly embedded in the scenario file, so we actually don't know where the theme data came from. You might have noticed that with 4.2 theme files allow to add 'author' and 'description' info but that likewise does not contain the file name (since that might change at any point anyway) so that's not too helpful either and would not contain any info for older-version themes as well :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it was already the case back in the days, but have the full list of damages substained displayed in the AAR (instead of only "heavy damage", "light damage"...)

 

image.thumb.png.26701057edaab0bd6cc1b67274e2b3f1.png

image.thumb.png.6cbfe4712fb2bce1cc359aca9f647f6b.png

 

Besides,

- why do we sometimes see tanks transparents?

=> answer : only when explody things hit them

- why do I see only 2 crews in my tank while sometimes none in others (like below) or the whole crew?

 

image.thumb.png.5106faf9a0d0b0fd736eab288fe7caaa.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Retro said:

This is actually surprisingly hard to do (if you're not interested in details, now would be a good point to bail out) since the theme file's information (but not its filename!) is directly embedded in the scenario file, so we actually don't know where the theme data came from.

Fair enough!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was browsing the first pages of that wish list topic, quite a lot of wishes have actually been granted!

 

Just in the first 2 pages :

M1A2, weather effects, T55, IPM1, Leo2A6, Cheiftain MK5, Marder, Mortar carriers, Warrior, "Some little crew dudes stickin out the tanks", AH-64D, Infantry AI improvements...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Out of curiosity... What could community do to make it more likely for Esimgames to add chieftain with interiors to sim? Or other AFVs for the matter? Perhaps Esimgames could add forum topic or section for the matter. Not that it would be promise to add such vehicles but to help you out to do so. And that we as users could see how to contribute and what is lacking and what is covered? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Out of curiosity... What could community do to make it more likely for Esimgames to add chieftain with interiors to sim? Or other AFVs for the matter? Perhaps Esimgames could add forum topic or section for the matter. Not that it would be promise to add such vehicles but to help you out to do so. And that we as users could see how to contribute and what is lacking and what is covered? 

 

More money? ^^

More seriously, I'd gladly pay a few bucks for a vehicle (like a kickstarter of sorts); after all, I did pay about €40 for a custom Tiger 2 for warthunder a few years ago

 

but afaik, this is not how Esim works

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Realistically speaking, there is nothing that you can do. We have our hands full with high-priority long-term changes to the code base, and until that is done our capacity to work on museum pieces with no relevance for contemporary training is nonexistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Realistically speaking, there is nothing that you can do. We have our hands full with high-priority long-term changes to the code base, and until that is done our capacity to work on museum pieces with no relevance for contemporary training is nonexistent.

 

Yes. There is lot to do, and I understand well that priorities for such small team are and should be like that.

 

However I think you misunderstood me, so I try to make myself better understood for my.... eeer, wish?  that perhaps for such vehicles on wish list, community members who would like to help could perhaps do some detective work, get to visit place with such vehicle to get, what would be eventually needed, like... photos of vehicle / interior for modeling.   I believe I once saw piece of discussion here where was mentioned that someone would get some dimensions of some vehicle, or particular kind of photos.  Also, some member have already contributed to other vehicles. So in short, what I was thinking was that maybe most eager / helpful community members could contribute by gathering things that could eventually be needed.  Details, information so on.    And so, perhaps help you out.  I think it is something that as volunteer work would not bear results anytime soon, but could be helpful eeer...  source if you ever would choose to proceed adding community wish  " museum pieces with no relevance for contemporary training is nonexistent."   or some never  if some rare lucky ones of us have access to actually relevant vehicles.   That was what I was thinking for.  Because I have a friend who, I believe could get almost anything youd need regarding Chieftain, possibly even other british vehicles such as Scorpion.   He has worked in Bovintong tank museum as guide, and would love to see those mentioned vehicles get some love.  I as myself, could one day contribute volunteer work to Parola Tank museum and possibly get access to some vehicles they have there, to get things that could be useful to Esimgames in future.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have a fair bit of a backlog of vehicles that we'd eventually like us to do, so one more dossier certainly would do no harm. But I felt bad about the Finns who did all the work in preparation of the playable T-72, only to see it delayed and delayed again for six long years until we finally got around to finish it.

Once that we have made the transition towards the new architecture, we hope that adding more vehicles and fire control systems will be faster to do and with less maintenance burden, so that we could then slip in a museum piece more often as a side project. But until then I really wouldn't want anyone to spend time on this, unless you simply enjoy compiling such a dossier irrespective of what will come from it. Generally, fire control systems are underrepresented and somewaht underresearched by armor museums. They seem to focus on the automotive aspect, to restore their exhibits to running status. Which is worthy in its own right, but only, like, 20% of what sparks my interest in a tank.

I fully understand of course why tanks get demilitarized before being handed off to private collectors and it's a dicey enough topic even with all that. But dammit, it's a real shame that we can't preserve them in full working condition - except as virtual models.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

...

I fully understand of course why tanks get demilitarized before being handed off to private collectors and it's a dicey enough topic even with all that. But dammit, it's a real shame that we can't preserve them in full working condition - except as virtual models.

If you make Raumbild/Mischbild Rangefinder work in Steelbeasts..I owe you a beer.

I doubt that I would use them often in game...but just for trying and seeing how it was done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Generally, fire control systems are underrepresented and somewaht underresearched by armor museums. They seem to focus on the automotive aspect, to restore their exhibits to running status. Which is worthy in its own right, but only, like, 20% of what sparks my interest in a tank.

I fully understand of course why tanks get demilitarized before being handed off to private collectors and it's a dicey enough topic even with all that. But dammit, it's a real shame that we can't preserve them in full working condition - except as virtual models.

You do know that some of the veteran groups actually have workable tanks that get to fire live ammo every year with their FCS working, so at least some places you can get what ever you need , but you have to tell us what you need for us to be able to get the "right" info.

 

MD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More wishes to come :
I'd like a small new mechanic in the scenario editor :


A variable we have some control on

When scenario is started : variable Y = 10 (or whatever the sce designer wants it to be)

When an event or condition is true, Y = Y + 1 (or 2 or 100)

When an event or condition is true, Y = Y - 1 ( or 2 or 100)

Idea is, for exemple, to spawn a unit if Y=10, an other if Y=20; when either unit is spawned, decrease value of Y by 10 or 20

I'm sure we could find multiples others applications for that small mechanic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two (additional) wishes:

 

1. Have the M2HB on the M150 be player controllable/functional (it doesn't traverse or elevate in the current implementation).

 

SS_01_24_21.thumb.jpg.cc74e3feea8716d75cbd0c7337461294.jpg

 

2. Mount (or have an option to mount) the Commander's LMG on the 300G CDi-NL.

 

SS_01_24_47.thumb.jpg.209740f6e522dfea895d5a7f32db4d67.jpg

Edited by Mirzayev
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally think there needs to be more focus on the maps. I just played a few of the missions that comes with Steelbeasts. Airports are placed on ground and would be impossible for any fixed wing aircraft to use as the ground is not flat and therefore the landing strip follows the ground. Bridges are not connected to the road so I have to drive every single tank over manually. This takes absolutely any joy out of this strategy brilliant sim especially when your trying to command 3 companies. 

 

A voice database would be great when making missions and a voice could give you orders or directions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

This used to be an easy fix. 

Can you please describe the fix for me ? This is a mission that comes with the game and I'm not sure if it is too much to ask that things that is in game is working. 

Also NAI Cointose is not working . Map problem ??? 

Please if anything is in an update the Maps should be working or remove the bloody mission.

Edited by JUST
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...