Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

• Members
Model Viewer (For the skinners)

Would be handy for Multi-colour schemes.

Hrm I *think* if you run SB in a window and resize the window, that this causes it to reload all textures.. so you could create one sce with the vehicle you're painting, then start/play it, and look at the model, do some changes to the texture in your paint program, then resize the border of the SB window slightly slightly (which causes SB to reload them), and check the changes out.. of course it's still annoying but I'd guess 20 earlier available than the model viewer..

When in scenario test mode it would be nice to have an option to set real time map updates on.

Why? When testing AI route movement it is difficult to see how timing of unit movements is occuring since the map doesn't update in real time.

Seeing units move on the map in real time would greatly aid being able to adjust speeds, waypoint move order delays etc to keep units moving along in the way intended.

And I know the AAR is available but it is an unacceptable tool for scenario development re: route timing adjusments as routes and waypoints are not shown just actual unit movements so that is not an option.

Did I mention.... hehehe

No, some serious:

- I want the "Pitch Tool" from the Sce. Editor in the Map Editor too (Alt+LMB)

- Whats about the Capability for the Infantry to lay or pic up Mines ?

- For all Leo Types if Engine is dameged and a ARV is near the Time to repair is 180 Minutes, in real the need of Time is 20 Minutes to get him go ?!

- New Generation Mines like DM-12 PARM 1 would be nice

- A new System for the Call Signs would be useful, link them to the Units would be the easy way (Ex.: It´s very difficult to give the right Call Signs if you have a GE and a US Unit, or a NE and a GB Unit....)

- Fording Capability for the Tanks that can do that

- Some more House Model´s, Road Signs and E-Poles would be nice

- And we need Cast Turret Leo 1 Model (sorry)

leo1gr.jpg

When in scenario test mode it would be nice to have an option to set real time map updates on.

Why? When testing AI route movement it is difficult to see how timing of unit movements is occuring since the map doesn't update in real time.

Seeing units move on the map in real time would greatly aid being able to adjust speeds, waypoint move order delays etc to keep units moving along in the way intended.

And I know the AAR is available but it is an unacceptable tool for scenario development re: route timing adjusments as routes and waypoints are not shown just actual unit movements so that is not an option.

That's possible today:

In test mode select: Show > Vehicle icons

You'll see blue and red units move in real time.

Select Options > Lines of fire > All to see all projectiles flying real time.

- Rump

Thank you for this! I don't know how, but I was unaware of this extremely helpful tool.

Cheers Eisenschwein! :drink:

Wouldn't it be nice if we could be aware of what things we are unaware of? In my case, all I know is that it is A LOT. :frown:

Here is another extremely helpful "Tool":

triballeopard-tank1.jpg

:eek2:

Steady Lads. Steady.

Edit one:

Are you suggesting Body Coloured Bumpers, Eisenschwein?

:)

Edit number two:

This Place as a new building model:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=218987&postcount=74

I hear they do pretty good kebabs.

And when I say good, you can actually eat them when sober! :eek2:

So what does it do?

In the map view of the Mission Editor it gives me a circle with a distance of a line, if I "click and drag" with ALT+left mouse button clicked.

In the 3D world it doesn't seem to do anything?

When you click and drag, not only do you get the distance but when the cursor turns black it means an area that you cannot view. So if you drag it to a hillside facing you the cursor is clear, but once over the crest it turns black. It acts as a quick-use line of sight tool.

I've found it helpful in the scenario editor for knowing if a particular spot it observable without using the LOS option on the right of the screen.

EDIT: I was just in the SB wiki and stumbled across the same info in the Planning Phase section. I must have skipped over it in the past. :)

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php/Planning_Phase