Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Bet this has been requested many times previously.

The map to be tinted to show height bands as per all RL topographical maps.

Don't take this the wrong way but perhaps adjusting the contour interval will give you what you want?

My "RL topographical maps" aren't shaded for height but the close proximity of the contour lines might be what you mean?

If the contour interval is 30m or 20m then you'll see a lot less lines (and therefore shading) than if they were say 10m or 5m.

What is missing is the marking of major contours (and a slightly more pronounced / thicker line) so say the 150m contour has "150" on it and the 100m one has "100".

These numbers would help newer players better understand the lay of the land as opposed to needed to mark all the prominent features with "text" on the map.

Of course if UK maps really use different colours to reflect different heights, I take it all back.

Too old, too slow, no TIS or a FCS to simulate.......

We allways say: "Don´t trust a Man who can carry his Main Weapon in the Cellar"

But what about.....

No, not this Time ;-)

We're thinking the same thing. :)

Haha RS! where did you get the JS-3 wibb from? :)

But yeah, its pretty much a Swedish M113, difference is that it got decent troop hatches so the whole squad can shoot from the APC. That and the gun is a 20mm instead of the standard 0.50cal.

But its an old one, just like the M113 (the one I had was manufactured 1972 :debile2:) But its perfect for the cold war scenarios now when we have the centurion (Sweden had centurion, named strv 101, 102 and 104).

Nowadays its almost phased out, mainly the Engineers that use it now and in some support roles here and there to.

Bonus picture: Me in the turret during my conscript days

Magnusson3_zpsd3952e2d.jpg

Im sitting in a PBV3022 (FO) and behind that is a PBV3026 Medic and behind that one is a PBV302 DSG (repair)

/KT

Bonus picture: Me in the turret during my conscript days

Magnusson3_zpsd3952e2d.jpg

Im sitting in a PBV3022 (FO) and behind that is a PBV3026 Medic and behind that one is a PBV302 DSG (repair)

/KT

So, the important bit:

Are you the one looking contemplative staring into the middle distance? (Right)

Or are the one wondering whether he can bum a smoke off the squaddies in the backround? :) (Left)

I think there is a need for Cast Turrets !

My last Leo 1A5 in 2003

attachment.php?attachmentid=8763&d=1220808564

Dude, why are you driving/commanding a bush? :)

Are you trying the: "How not to be seen" methods? :)

(Youtube it, monty python sketch)

Has anyone suggested applique armor panels?

Wondered if in the simulator or mission editor we could for instance choose, say the M-60A3. But then we go to the drop down menu like we do for other vehicles and have an options tab that would allow you to put on "Blazer" armor for the M-60 in this instance.

We could go from this:

m60_tank4.jpg

To this!!

TT4-M60A2-Marines.jpg

Or this: abram4.jpg

To this!: 3009%20-%202%20ABRAMS%20TUSK%20.jpg

Tankograd_3009_M1_Abrams_TUSK_h.jpg

I was just pouring over my 1/72 scale model collection the other day...

Came across a Leopard 1A4 that I'd built with the big square box IR system and without the outback bustle rack, and I think it looks so much better that way!

Would love to have a normal Leopard 1A4 to play with, along with a Western IR system that doesn't suck like the T-72's hehe, instead of just a repainted Leopard AS1.....If possible. :)