Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Err...how about some physics :debile2:....World of tanks now has physics..just saying :biggrin:

You know half of the cool thing about tank is seeing how they move on many different terrain. :)

Physics alone would make it worth another upgrade cost...I know there's almost no chance just daydreaming here as SB Pro is meant first and foremost as training tool not entertainment.

Edited by []_--__[]KITT

_--__[]KITT;220179']You know half of the cool thing about tank is seeing how they move on many different terrain.

Does that mean.. Bouncy road wheels?!

angry_mob_by_acwraith.jpg

Also' date=' seeing as we have all these Bloc Soviet and Cold war American machines, why not have the whole Cold War set:

[img'] 4037728726_1eddab237a_z.jpg?zz=1

Edited by Killjoy

Along with the exterior view zoom-in function (N key) can we get a zoom-out function, too? The ability to 'stand back' from the subject vehicle and get a wider field of view would be most appreciated (i.e., wide-view).

Also, about the current exterior view (of the vehicle you are commanding); why is it I feel that I am looking at the vehicle from the top of a 4 meter tall ladder? I should be able to view the vehicle from a perspective of 1.7 meters. That is, the same perspective as the average person with his/her feet on the ground.

A 24 hour clock. How long before sunup or sunset?

A 24 hour clock. How long before sunup or sunset?

There allready is a clock.

Mission time and daytime running with each scenario.

You can also set the time zone/startime of a sce in the mission editor.

(which will then effect the sunrise/sunset times)

So, that one is allready covered.

Edit, about that 1.7 m thing? I don't get it? You wont see much behind a 2.4m high tank. So the only use would be to look at the tank...which I find pointless :-P

The ability to select move backward or forward through the available units. Would be a lot faster when switching to a different unit in the heat of battle.

What like the already existing:

Shift + F10 moves you to the next vehicle

Alt + F10 moves you to the next unit

Shift + F11 moves you to the next unit "engaged" (firing, being fired at, etc.)

These are shown on the keyboard template.

Hello Grenny,

if you are correct then I guess I got gypped on my purchase :confused:. The only thing on my screen that has numbers is an elapsed time-in-game counter in the upper left corner. You wouldn't be trying to pass that off as a clock?

A clock is a MUST have. Not a soldier goes into the field w/o a wrist watch! When its pitch dark it is still critical to know how long before the sun will rise.

A military simulation that follows a progression of, "the D event follows the C event which follows the B event" is a fairy tale. Conflict isn't that tidy.

The reality is D can happen after B and there never was a C event. In real conflicts, events (aka battle plans) are set to progress based upon a certain time of day or, more likely a combinmation of time if day and situational conditions, i.e., 'triggers'.

Hi Gibsonm,

thanks for the response. Yes, those keystroke combinations ARE useful. Your response however, affirms my position and request,..

..that all switching from one vehicle/unit to the next is done in a 'next unit' direction. A 'prior unit' (flipping through them backwards) can be faster.

Example:

You are at unit B and you want unit L. You click up through the available units and accidentally overshoot to unit M. OOPS!

You must go all the way around again. With backward progression you only need backward one unit to the intended unit L. See?, its faster.

Edited by k7pcp

Hello Grenny,

if you are correct then I guess I got gypped on my purchase :confused:. The only thing on my screen that has numbers is an elapsed time-in-game counter in the upper left corner. You wouldn't be trying to pass that off as a clock?

A clock is a MUST have. Not a soldier goes into the field w/o a wrist watch! When its pitch dark it is still critical to know how long before the sun will rise.

A military simulation that follows a progression of, "the D event follows the C event which follows the B event" is a fairy tale. Conflict isn't that tidy.

The reality is D can happen after B and there never was a C event. In real conflicts, events (aka battle plans) are set to progress based upon a certain time of day or, more likely a combinmation of time if day and situational conditions, i.e., 'triggers'.

No, you are not gypped, you just haven't got your way around SB yet. If you hit F5 (Map View) you got all you want in time-wise.

clock.jpg

Time: What the time is at that spot you are. this can be adjusted in scenario editor by changing GMT setting. This is the "ingame" time and not scenario lenght.

Time H-Hour: how long left untill H-hour or how long after H-hour it is. this can be set as well by the scenario editor if he want to set a specific time when something has to be done. (like if you are in the rear and need to get into attack pos before H-hour)

Mission time: how long into the scenario you are.

What you cant see that you wanted to know is sunrise/sunset and that differ depending on scenario and if the scenario creator wanted you to know it he would write it in the briefing. If its not stated in the briefing he thinks you can live without that info :)

Hope that helps you!

Hello Kingtiger,

thank you for posting and explaining the clock/time display. Most kind. Yes, I am new to the SB pro software. I have wanted to have a copy ever since it was released. Just got it within the past month. Lots of controls to learn and capabilities to become comfortable with. Thanks for your offering a bit of mutual aid.

Regards,

K7PCP