Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I would really like to see a Leclerc Series 2 or 3 and a Merkava (I-IV) in the Sim in the not so distant future. :redface: The Merkava in particular would certainly bring something unique in terms of armor to the Sim. :debile2:

A crewable M1A2 SEP would also definately be pretty sweet.

To be able to use RPG like weapons directly, just like the ATGMs now, would also rock.

(Some Asian hardware for good measure too.)

I would really like to see a Leclerc Series 2 or 3 and a Merkava (I-IV) in the Sim in the not so distant future. :redface: The Merkava in particular would certainly bring something unique in terms of armor to the Sim. :debile2:

A crewable M1A2 SEP would also definately be pretty sweet.

To be able to use RPG like weapons directly, just like the ATGMs now, would also rock.

(Some Asian hardware for good measure too.)

Yes, a crewable merkava MK.IV please.

Sticking to the more doable, I'm looking for an M1A1 SA. The SEPv2 may be a tall order, but I'd at least like an A1 from this millenium. One with the stabilized CWS. :)

Throw in vehicles crews, civilians/insurgents and multibple sides, and I'll be pretty content for a long time.

Oh, and a proper Stryker. :)

The improvements to night as mentioned by TankHunter, and the below quote of a post Ssnake made in the Meeting Battle/MtC thread in the tactics subforum.

An absolute prerequisite IMO would be to disable map updates in such a scenario. Only then can you slow down BlueFor to a more realistic pacing of decision making and how commands are slower to be executed. Sadly, only few players in Steel Beasts accept this as a precondition to network games.

Second, we at eSIm Games still have to work on the engine too and replace certain 1998 simplifications with more elaborate processes to

improve the (constructive level) effects of camouflage

to visualize camouflage better

to separate identification from detection - it must be "detection", "categorization", and only at shorter ranges or with the help of other observers, "identification"

If identification could be implemented with taking into account also the behavior of a unit, it might be possible to create infiltration (...or exfiltration) scenarios. Steel Beasts must have the possibility for the user to influence the likelihoods for false-positive and false-negative identification by computer-controlled units.

Terminator BMPT

bmpt4.jpg

Cool they have the correct Swissflag ! :-)

Ok wishlist....

I see no need for more tanks...pc's ....

-Mostly eyecandy :-)

-Driver, Commander, Loader, Gunner visible from outside (Jeep and Truck drivers)

-Tracers, FX-effects explosions rework

-Bouncing bounce wheel's that bounce over the bouncing terrain :-)

-....well ok a M1A2 would be nice.....

McDan out

Cool they have the correct Swissflag ! :-)

Ok wishlist....

I see no need for more tanks...pc's ....

-Mostly eyecandy :-)

-Driver, Commander, Loader, Gunner visible from outside (Jeep and Truck drivers)

-Bouncing bounce wheel's that bounce over the bouncing terrain :-)

-....well ok a M1A2 would be nice.....

McDan out

I agree , i think eyecandy should be given the priority for a change in the new update . Because if it just keeps being kep low in proirity then SBP has the risk of becoming simply outdated . Esspecially when a product will ever hit the market then will simulate modern tank warfare as well.

I would like to make the modest request for a shower of sparks when a KE round impacts the target..

McDan out

Not so long ago, Ssnake mentioned in an ambiguous non-committal way, a particle system was possibly being considered/implemented (maybe). This should make big improvements for the effects. I only hope they allow the behavior parameters for the particle emitters to be modified because I've seen some impressive stuff in this area coming out of the communities for other games.

I agree , i think eyecandy should be given the priority for a change in the new update . Because if it just keeps being kep low in proirity then SBP has the risk of becoming simply outdated . Esspecially when a product will ever hit the market then will simulate modern tank warfare as well.

Cue violin

SB Pro PE graphic is are outdated, boring, me need Flight Simulator X graphic.

Grafics like that would require a complete new engine for SBP. And yes graficly SBP is indeed really starting to show its age now. But lets not forget that its the only moderen tank warfare software out there these days. And even if there would be a new tanksim that would feature western armour then i hardly doubt it will feature as much playable vehicles as SBO does.

yes sir...that would be a huge help!!! The problem is its a game requirement not something the military folks will to interested in. I tend to go “Steel Beasts big” and one game can last a day no problem, the record thus far is 27hrs real time!! For this I have to plan in advance and make a day available, bit of a pain and does not happen very often.

Larger map area? I have spent a lot of time on rebuilding the 29 PALMS MCAGCC 50km and now included road signs to towns and villages etc, but realized it does not really work when I have to break the map down to play scenarios. The larger maps would be useful for COIN scenarios as well as large conventional fist fights.