Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Only been playing a week or so but two wish list items.

Tutorials as good and comprehensive as this:

CV35B-vfT4U

But most importantly, tutorials that are right!

The number of times I've had to dig into the forums or wiki to get past something where the tutorial was out of date (e.g. M1 manual range entry) or plain missing information (e.g. Moving up and down in the turret using Q and Z).

Loving SB so far, but there is no excuse for poor tutorials!

• Moderators
Yes, but with 46 Mistakes, a little to mutch I think.

Why don't you allow other people, who don't have their favorite vehicle in the SB at all, to post their pictures instead rather than beginning your public campaign of "46 nit picks"?

I guess the only solution is that we will just have to take the Leopard 1A5-GE out of SB in the next update because it isn't truly present...

Only been playing a week or so but two wish list items.

Tutorials as good and comprehensive as this:

CV35B-vfT4U

But most importantly, tutorials that are right!

The number of times I've had to dig into the forums or wiki to get past something where the tutorial was out of date (e.g. M1 manual range entry) or plain missing information (e.g. Moving up and down in the turret using Q and Z).

Loving SB so far, but there is no excuse for poor tutorials!

I disagree the tutorials are pretty good.

you will also need to study the Wiki to become competent with SB.

Some of us have studied armoured warfare for years and are still learning

There's just to much to SB to make tutorials like the A=10 one.

I would recommend joining a VU. I think you would be surprised how much you can learn.

I disagree the tutorials are pretty good.

you will also need to study the Wiki.

There's just to much to SB to make tutorials like the A=10 one.

Well no tutorial is ever going to make you an awesome commander and a serious amount of study is required to operate either an A-10 or an armoured regiment effectively, but there is serious scope to improve the route to basic competency. I'm not talking about 'Rommel in a box', I mean getting people past the 'oh sugar what button now' stage so that tactics (i.e. the really hard bit) can come to the fore.

Neither DCS A-10 nor SBP are 'easy', both have their unique challenges. I'm quite happy buried in a wiki or multi-hundred page manual, but at the very least tutorials (as opposed to practice missions) should all cover the required information (e.g. keys) to complete the tutorial and sing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the training material, which at the moment they do not. A step in the right direction would be to include the Tactics 101 and Camp Hornfelt missions in the default tutorial set, even if stepwise guided tutorials never become a reality.

If you want to make a list of missing or incorrect info in the tutorials, I'm sure someone will take a look at it and update them in a future release.

Quite happy to do so if no-one else is looking at it, who would be the right person to direct comments to? I suspect that just posting a wholesale list into a thread isn't the best way to approach it...

Cheers,

Jamie

Related to tutorials to help people learn, how about scalable difficulty settings for the individual aspects of Pro PE?

Many flight simulators support something like this, those of you familiar with IL-2 know what I'm talking about. Some people purchase the product for fun and play on easier settings, others treat it like a true simulator and turn off all the 'helpers'.

I understand that originally the intent was to produce three different levels of the simulator. SB Pro for military users only, Pro PE for those who specifically wanted a high-realism tank simulator and for 'professional' use, and finally Steel Beasts 2 with simplified features for sale to the general PC gaming/siming community. SB 2, however, got chopped in favor of Pro PE. Given what Pro PE has become, I fully support this choice, but I have noticed that when I play with my friends, they seem less excited about certain features than I do.

For example, one of them is a great gunner in the Leopards, but throws a hissy fit every time I tell him to slow it down before he drains the ready rack, or to sit there patiently while we transfer rounds.

• Members
Quite happy to do so if no-one else is looking at it, who would be the right person to direct comments to? I suspect that just posting a wholesale list into a thread isn't the best way to approach it...

If in doubt, send them to Comments (@eSimGames.com).