Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

I Got so much of my personal wish list included in the last update

I haven't contributed any new content for a while.

A tank commander popping his or hers, How pc am i.LoL

Head out of the turret or manning the MG Would certainly add to the Emersion.

More helicopter types bo-105. cobra. lynx.Mi26.

(What the hell its a wish list,) A T-34/85 a M-26 pershing. Sherman M4A4. M-48

You could create some pretty cool Korean/Vietnam. based missions. with the those tanks

A tank commander popping his or hers, How pc am i.LoL

Head out of the turret or manning the MG Would certainly add to the Emersion.

Well if you mean "emersion" as in them putting their head out of the vehicle, but I suspect you actually meant "immersion" in terms of the sim? ;)

Edited by Gibsonm

The BO-105 and Lynx, although nice to have, are limited in their worldwide distribution...the Gazelle would be a better choice, along with the Mi-8, as they are more likely opponents.

True but Bo-105 and lynx would be great for European based cold war scenarios.

If we had the MI-26 rather then the Mi-8 you could simulate heavy lift capacity.

I have seen videos of the mi-26 Carrying a fully loaded BMD.

The Gazelle would make an excellent addition widely used in a lot of theatres.

imagesGGR3S66Y.jpg.9774386abd3e857ed3e46

imagesGGR3S66Y.jpg.9774386abd3e857ed3e46

• 2 weeks later...

I wish the threshold to select a node for adjustment in the editor would be increased. This would prevent accidental selection of a segment adjacent to the node which has the unintended result of moving entire lengths of road items and misaligning it with other previously constructed roads/waterways. Zooming is not an option when I'm in Window view so that I can refer to a Google map side by side in order to meticulously follow the contours of a road or stream. :clin:

Also, it's great that there are so many trees and bushes to decorate the map with, but there's no telling what size they are until you see it on the world map. So, to avoid a lengthy trial and error approach, I wish that there was something to indicate their size in the items list to begin with. I suspect that I will have memorized their sizes as I become seasoned, but for future and current novices, I think it would be a helpful feature. :clin:

Would be pretty dull to play,

receive fire-mission via datalinks...press ok, fire the round without knowing where they fly...move to next fire-position

However, it would sure be fun to play a pre-Paladin M109, where you had to do the fire direction calculations manually.

Or to use the Paladin in the direct-fire assault gun role, which, as I understand, was practiced for MOUT in the Cold War

However, it would sure be fun to play a pre-Paladin M109, where you had to do the fire direction calculations manually.

Or to use the Paladin in the direct-fire assault gun role, which, as I understand, was practiced for MOUT in the Cold War

Well, everyone has his own idea of "fun".

Going trough firing tables and calculating a FM is not my idea of "fun".

Don't know about the Paladin(did it even exist in "cold war times" ?)...but the US-M109 models I know, don't have any scope or aiming system for direct fire other then looking down the barrel. Not very accurate. :-P

Besides using a howitzer for direct is a "last resort" thing.

It is an utter waste of an artillery system to be used in that way and no (sane) commander would do it willingly.