Steel Beasts: Content Wish List

Azure Lion

Hey all, first post here :)

My best-case wishes would be a T-64B or T-80BV. Neither is really marketable though sadly. It'd be nice to have them though as a unit a cut above the T-72M1. Failing that, the T-72B would be another exceptional addition.

Would also love to see support for earlier types of ammo for ATGM platforms, like the AT-3 Sagger etc.

Welcome.

You do know that the T-64B, the T-72B (two variants) and AT-3 are already modelled?

Sorry, I meant as a functional/playable vehicle. I've seen them and taken them out quite regularly (and been taken out in turn if I field the vanilla M1 :P) The external models are quite beautiful though!

Isnt the AT-3 using a later missile though, and not the earlier models? Seeing an MCLOS missile hopping about would really be something :)

the T-72B would be another exceptional addition.

Yes. A million time YES. A playable heavy-armor T72 would be a fantastic addition. I'm not sure if it is, but if the fire control system is the same as the T-72M1, even better: with very little effort, it could be added to make for a high(er) end Red playable tank.

Yes. A million time YES. A playable heavy-armor T72 would be a fantastic addition. I'm not sure if it is, but if the fire control system is the same as the T-72M1, even better: with very little effort, it could be added to make for a high(er) end Red playable tank.

I would like to see a playable T-80U. It has better Armour and fire control then nearly all

Variants of the T-72. but the big wish for me would be a playable BMP-1or2

And my second wish would be for a playable BRDM ATGM. the last update was great for Soviet Armour enthusiasts. Lets hope the next one will be as well

Edited by Marko

If the fire control system, or lack of information about it, is a problem for modeling later T-72s, maybe we could get a compromise model in there for the red players?

Add in a T-72M1V, should be little more than adding ERA to the existing T-72M1.

Or, perhaps you could put in a "T-72S", the export version of the T-72B. Use the existing T-72M1 crew positions and fire control, and we'll all just pretend that the export version we're modeling got 'nerfed' with a cheap fire control system.

Either way, while I think it's great to have high-realism models whenever possible, I think in the case of Red armor we should be more willing to compromise. Even if we know it's wrong, or it isn't perfect, if we all agree that the imperfect T-tank was put in simply to facilitate having intelligent opponents in multiplayer games...I could live with that.

Meanwhile, I would like to request, although I admit both of them are things I can live without:

1. A new 3D model for the exterior of the turret for the M1 and IPM1. This might sound weird, but for some reason the 120mm fume extractor and barrel seem more out of place to me than the 120mm breech assembly on those tanks.

2. Some kind of way to see the outside when you're in the M113A4 TC's position. Be it simply giving you the same view as the driver, or a representation of the guy holding the hatch open just a crack and peeking out, or an external camera, whatever. I just noticed that if you slam the hatch on one of those, you're completely blind!

3. If possible, allow any vehicle loaded with MPAT to select the air/ground fuse mode, since the fuse is set by the nose cone and not an electronic system like the 3P (or the SlsGr95?). If it won't interfere with other things, that is!

I would like to see a playable T-80U. It has better Armour and fire control the nearly all

Variants of the T-72. but the big wish for me would be a playable BMP-1or2

And my second wish would be for a playable BRDM ATGM. the last update was great for Soviet Armour enthusiasts. Lets hope the next one will be as well

Huh... the estimates I'd seen indicated the T72B actually had a tougher armor array than the T80U; at least, when fitted with reactive armor. Either way, the point is that if the T72B has the same fire control as the T72M1 (I'd have to check if this is true, I don't honestly know- I thought it was the same except it added ATGM trackers), then it would be very easy for ESim to implement it as a playable unit- all the work is already done on the T72M1

• Members

SACLOS definitely reduces the minimum engagement range distance, and also the overall reliability to git the target. Above all however, SACLOS drastically reduces the training costs. MCLOS needs about 150 live missiles (!) fired to get one gunner proficient enough to hit his targets.

Nice list there Tread_Head57, which has a lot in common with my own (though priorities differ). I've got the full list of my Wishes lurking on my tablet somewhere so, one day, I'll post it here too.

OK, here's my master Wish List, developed over several months, of all the bits of kit I'd love to see in Steel Beasts one day. With these, I think Steel Beasts would be approaching perfection for at least one person... me!

Note: It's prioritised within each grouping (UK, CA, SE, DK, US, DE, RU, GENERAL) but not overall. All vehicles, except the ASU-85, ACRV IV14/15, T-55AMV and T-80BV are intended to be crewable.

UK

Challenger 1 Mk 2/3

New British infantry 3D model with Mk 6 helmet and L85

LAW 80

FV432

FV103 Spartan

Chieftain Mk 10/11

Lynx AH.1 (TOW)

Crewable Scorpion

FV701 Ferret Mk 2/3

CA

M113 Lynx CRV

SE

Pbv302

DK

M41 DK1

US

M1A1 SA

M1 105 mm gun breech and fume extractor 3D model

OH-58D

M2/M3A1

M47 Dragon

AH-1F

M48A3/5

DE

Luchs A2

Crewable Marder 1A2/3 with Milan 3D model

DM33 105 mm APFSDS ammunition

RU

SPG-9

RPG-16D

ASU-85

Mil Mi-8

ACRV IV14/15

MT-12

T-55AMV

T-80BV

GENERAL

FN MAG and PKM 3D models for MG squad

Ability to select 5.45 / 5.65 mm ammunition for MG squad

Precipitation weather effects

Fully modelled Kongsberg M151 Protector RWS

Cheers

Edited by Panzer_Leader
Scope creep: added crewable Scorpion, T-55AMV and T-80BV

OK, here's my master Wish List, developed over several months, of all the bits of kit I'd love to see in Steel Beasts one day. With these, I think Steel Beasts would be approaching perfection for at least one person... me!

Note: It's prioritised within each grouping (UK, CA, SE, DK, US, DE, RU, GENERAL) but not overall. All vehicles, except the ASU-85 and ACRV IV14/15, are intended to be crewable.

UK

Challenger 1 Mk 2/3

New British infantry 3D model with Mk 6 helmet and L85

LAW 80

FV432

FV103 Spartan

Chieftain Mk 10/11

Lynx AH.1 (TOW)

FV701 Ferret Mk 2/3

CA

M113 Lynx CRV

SE

Pbv302

DK

M41 DK1

US

M1A1 SA

M1 105 mm gun breech and fume extractor 3D model

OH-58D

M2/M3A1

M47 Dragon

AH-1F

M48A3/5

DE

Luchs A2

Crewable Marder 1A2/3 with Milan 3D model

DM33 105 mm APFSDS ammunition

RU

SPG-9

RPG-16D

ASU-85

Mil Mi-8

ACRV IV14/15

MT-12

GENERAL

FN MAG and PKM 3D models

Ability to select 5.45 / 5.65 mm ammunition for MG squad

Precipitation weather effects

Fully modelled Kongsberg M151 Protector RWS

Cheers

Would agree with most of your wish list panzer_leader

But you must have forgotten to add the playable BMP _1/2. LoL

• Members

One day we might get around that, but you understand that the Leo 2 was from the start supposed to receive the TIS, it's just that the manufacturer was late in getting the production going, so the Batch 0 tanks HAD to be fitted with SOME night vision equipment for about a year or two, then they were all brought up to the same standard as the regular "Batch 1" vehicles.

I would love to see some stuff in the mission editor for quick creation of towns. In particular I was thinking how cool it would be to have click and drag feature for a few types of towns. Ie small town larger town etc.

Most of all I would like to be able to just add a destroyed town complete with rubble over grown grass coming up between the pavement, heck even a few burned out tanks perhaps. That would give the game a fantastic atmosphere.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/151914033/Warford-JM-Sep-1998-The-Resurrection-of-Russian-Armor-Surprises-from-Siberia-Armor

That first picture just says it all about a ww3 landscape.

I would love to see some stuff in the mission editor for quick creation of towns. In particular I was thinking how cool it would be to have click and drag feature for a few types of towns. Ie small town larger town etc.

Most of all I would like to be able to just add a destroyed town complete with rubble over grown grass coming up between the pavement, heck even a few burned out tanks perhaps. That would give the game a fantastic atmosphere.

Well its not "click and drag" but you can do a lot of this now in the Mission Editor as is.

IEDs in buildings set to detonate at mission start, selective placement of destroyed friendly, enemy and 3rd party vehicles. Dead Infantry, dropped bridges. The list goes on.

All it needs is a little imagination.

No its not an "instant gratification" solution, but it ensures you have the right damaged vehicles etc. (rather than some random ones generated by the Editor).

One day we might get around that, but you understand that the Leo 2 was from the start supposed to receive the TIS, it's just that the manufacturer was late in getting the production going, so the Batch 0 tanks HAD to be fitted with SOME night vision equipment for about a year or two, then they were all brought up to the same standard as the regular "Batch 1" vehicles.

Oh I know! I just think it would be interesting to have some western vehicles with earlier style night sights to match up against the current crop of playable Soviet vehicles. Currently a night fight is horribly lopsided since most western vehicles have a their TIS sights, which may as well be supernatural night vision compared to the T-72...

Oh I know! I just think it would be interesting to have some western vehicles with earlier style night sights to match up against the current crop of playable Soviet vehicles. Currently a night fight is horribly lopsided since most western vehicles have a their TIS sights, which may as well be supernatural night vision compared to the T-72...

You could try a night hunt of T-72s with Scimitars :D

see who has the advantage then

Agreed the mission editor and map editor are fantastic..More then anything I would just like a bit more earthy gritty feel to the landscape.

I think the editor allows you to edit the appearance of any of the existing terrain types as far as color goes. And you can also edit their themes. This gives you more choices of terrain in addition to the default ones. Get gritty with it! ;)

In the editor map view, the black crosshairs disappears over the black objects. This sometimes makes it tricky when working with buildings that are close together, especially custom building shapes that compose of several individual buildings meshed together to form unique architecture. So, my wish would be crosshairs that turns white when hovering over black objects.

Also, I wish there were circle templates for the roads. They would help save so much time in creating, for instance, pretty soccer (or shall I say football) fields that you silly Europeans are so fond of. If not templates, then a feature that allows me to save custom shapes and then use them at will.

Thanks for your consideration!