Advanced tank range USMC : M1A1mbt , Fort Benning

oscar19681

I finished my second tank range scenario , this one is for the M1A1 lovers and i based the scenario on the United States Marine Corps(i got my inspitation from the USMC Tank school clip on youtube) .

I made this one a lot more complex then the challenger 2 tank range.

Now you will be notified when there are no more targets left in any given engagement and there is a lot more feedback.

I also added Daskals Green hornet M1A1 skin so you can add it to simulate a Marine M1A1.

If you want to know more read the readme in the download and i hope you enjoy the scenario. It took me allmost 4 days out of my vacation to finish it , please be so kind to leave comments good or bad . I use this to improve scenarios upon the next one.

Upload should be available shortly.

Enjoy

SS_20_01_40.jpg.9fe66f1ab1d11cdae05dc551

SS_22_35_01.jpg.afc1b1f6a900ce4db42cf428

SS_19_55_54.jpg.0684734fec262e4a4a8ef54f

SS_19_51_01.jpg.5e0c021ccb9d6f010cda47a9

SS_20_01_40.jpg.9fe66f1ab1d11cdae05dc551

SS_22_35_01.jpg.afc1b1f6a900ce4db42cf428

SS_19_55_54.jpg.0684734fec262e4a4a8ef54f

SS_19_51_01.jpg.5e0c021ccb9d6f010cda47a9

I hopefully don´t sound too evil :biggrin:

Just drove around in Fort Benning (btw, what´s the purpose of this huge road network left and right of the shooting range?) and want to mention/ask some things regarding this tank range...

1. There´s no M1A1 skin included in the rar-file... it´s the roof, a decal set and a TIS template for the M1

2. Is it normal for USMC gunnery to fight training targets on the 3 o´clock position?

3. The order of prepared emplacements is kind of weird from my point of view.

You drive to the right sector... then you have to withdraw 500m and dislocate 700m to the outer left sector. Under normal circumstances across enemy fire line?

4. The events don´t fit when entering stage 7. Event on destroying 1 out of 2 MBT was wrong, also scenario was stopped although right after this message you should proceed to next "engagement"

Apart from that, good idea for leading some rookies. But perhaps just insert more targets for each position.

5. A guard railing was fit into the map, does it fence the hole road south of the range? I saw a few problems with the AI van & trucks with those railings.

6. I´ve found some translation errors (but I´m not a native speaker) ;)

the highway is just to make the scenerio more alive, its in the mission briefing and i know the railing on the highway was causing problems but it was to late to remove because it would mean i would have to redo the whole map and the scenario from scratch.

Also if you read the briefing it says you must destroy 15 out of 36 targets

I will change the range to reflect a more realistic operational procedures with the help of assasin (who was a real m1a1 tanker in real life) so when i release verion 2.0 i will also correct the m1a1 skin for the scenario BTW the skin is also downloadable in the download section here.

Also the emplacements dont have to be taken in any certain order , its just numbered to that you know what emplacement you have allready had because it will give targets only once abd after 15 targets the scenario ends

As for the 3 o clock position , its just to make it more interesting and to make the player scan for targets then just the 12 o clock position.

I think i might have released the scenario a little to soon and i must admint it could need some fine tuning.

Edited by oscar19681

So that's why he's always kicking my butt online! :bangin:

Well at least you were not on his busniss end of his 120 MM while trying to duke it out with him in a T-72?? It made me wonder though what you can bring to steel beasts if you are a real life gunner . Is one just good at gaming or is it the real life tank experience.

I,m changing the radio simulated communication with the range tower to reflect a more realistic tank table like scenario and i have a question. when directed to a static battle position communication would be like this , Charlie 92 (range tower) to 1 Alpha (you) , scouts report enemy armour bound for BP-1 , engage and report , out. But how would this communication be like when fireing on the move insted of a static battle position?

I,m changing the radio simulated communication with the range tower to reflect a more realistic tank table like scenario and i have a question. when directed to a static battle position communication would be like this , Charlie 92 (range tower) to 1 Alpha (you) , scouts report enemy armour bound for BP-1 , engage and report , out. But how would this communication be like when fireing on the move insted of a static battle position?

That would be somewhat how a offensive engagement would sound. From a BP 1 you would have scouts report enemy armor moving into your sector defend and report out. This one you have here the tower would have you set up on the course road and tell you to bound down the course road to a stopping point or on smaller ranges have you back up to the starting point after the engagement.The tower would command you to engage and report on the offensive. And as far as targets go here is something to help you:

A minimum and maximum target spread must be used as part of the

conditions for certain gunnery tables. The intent is to make sure gunners and

TCs are not able to acquire both targets in a two-target engagement while in

NFOV, yet limit the spread so that target spread does not become a significant

factor in task difficulty from one unit gunnery or range complex to another.

Given the Abrams WFOV is 16 degrees and NFOV is 6.2 degrees, the

minimum spread is set equal to the NFOV, or 110 mils, while the maximum

spread is set to one and one half times the WFOV or 427 mils. For example,

for a target range of 1,400 to 1,600 meters, the minimum spread should be 180

meters and the maximum spread should be 670 meters.

Thanks for the info. I,m kind of obsessed to make this scenario as hard core as possible. The way the scenario is now is how i thought it would be with some artistic freedom. But since i,m not a real tanker i worked with the information at hand. So i encourage real m1 tank army and marine corps to try the scenario and tell me what could be improved. Offcourse within the limits of the scenario and sbp because i think i wont build the scenario from scratch again. One drawback on making the scenario more realistic is that it will lose a lot of its random elements . But i guess thats real life tank training is , repetitive and with stickt sop,s and rules..

Ta hell with the community! Do it for yourself!

Besides, there are lots of players who don't post in the forums at all. Just look at the stats: "Members: 4,548, Active Members: 1,232." And that's just the people registered in the forum. :)

Edit: 75 downloads in three days ain't bad!

Edited by SeanPatrick
More info