Can't open some maps

solus

I try to make scenario in mission editor, but the files don't open. It shows only blank field like the map with no processing.

Frankly speaking, I don't remember how I had installed the game. I have only one profile on my PC, so, I guess, I installed it with administrator's rights.

Suprisingly, I can open them in the map editor, but not in the mission editor.

• Members

Do you get an error message with SB being in windowed mode?

I suppose the "blank field" is shown during the selection of the part of the map that you want for your scenario.

If you so make a selection, does it show up in the mission editor?

What if you save the scenario, exit the mission editor, and go back to it, then open the scenario file?

Does it not show the map screen, or does it not show the 3D preview?

What if you open the scenario in single player mode?

It doesn't show it on the map screen. I don't have any "error" messages.

I tried to open those maps using "file-new-pick up map" sequence, it helped. I used "pick up map" before and failed.

Started to make new mission using part of the Hannover map, but now faced another problem: after I close map once or played scenario and exit from it, it shows blank field if I choose "replay" or choose this scenario from the main menu.

I can reinstall my SB and install it once again? It wouldn't affect my license, right?

• Members
I can reinstall my SB and install it once again? It wouldn't affect my license, right?

You can install it as often as you like, on any computer that you personally own. I am not sure however that this will actually solve anything. I'm also not quite sure if I understand the nature of the problem. Maybe you can record it with FRAPS?

Started to make new mission using part of the Hannover map, but now faced another problem: after I close map once or played scenario and exit from it, it shows blank field if I choose "replay" or choose this scenario from the main menu

I was having the same problem with a scenario. But after restarting the game, problem solved.

• 4 weeks later...

I get this issue too. Today I was in the Kursk map. After awhile of normal tweaks, I could no longer go to View mode. The status bar would pop up for a couple seconds, and then it would go away and nothing would happen.

Then, I exited the map editor and went back in and tried to open my Kursk map. It would fail to open - after some seconds of the loading bar, it would kick back to where it was.

I then restarted the sim and it worked normally.

• Members

That suggests the problem that I described a while ago. The function call that we use for the preview - for reasons that I don't understand, but which are beyond our control - requires 150 MByte of unfragmented (contiguous) RAM. If you have a couple of other programs running in the background and not a terrific amount of RAM installed and no 64 bit operating system, you may not have these 150 MBytes, and then the preview function will not show everything or simply fail.

Which is hy, after a restart, you get to see the things, simply because the RAM memory space wasn't used long enough to get fragmented.

We'll add a partial fix with the next patch that utilizes the available RAM better which should make the occasions what this happens more rare. But it doesn't address the fundamental problem itself.