Meeting Engagement (Leo 1) winter

CalAB

Have to say that with the new 3d infantry, updated model and interior on the Leo 1 that this scenario has new life.

I decided to hook up my rig to my 65" monitor and tied in the surround sound. Holey Fn' shit I was blown away, and so were my neighbors lol. Screen size and theater sound make a massive difference as far as immersion is concerned.

The 105 made nosies that stood my hair up on the back of my neck. All of the sounds in the sim came to life in 5.1 like I've never experienced before.

Anyone who says the stock sounds for the game need to be improved needs to listen to them in DD 5.1 @ 100 watts per channel. :shocked:

The manufacture of your monitor should make a wireless receiver that pops into one of your HDMI inputs ala flash drive dongle style. Check with the local Bestbuy in the television department. They run around $150.00

I think (could quite possibly be wrong) that he wants to wirelessly connect the video output from his computer to the TV monitor.

While you can connect various models of TV to home networks (either via ethernet or WiFi) that's basically for video streaming (a la Apple TV, etc.) not as an output option for a PC video card.

Sure if your PC supports HDMI (or if both TV and PC support a common standard [VGA / DVI, etc.]) and you have a long enough cable you can go that way.

Only thing is that has a short range of 30' and only in the same room, a UTP HDMI Tx/Rx should give upto 200' for a lot less money

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=HDMI+UTP&rh=n%3A283926%2Ck%3AHDMI+UTP&ajr=0

Hmmm looks like another little project for me, have to run another cat6 cable from the lounge to the cinema and fit an extender for keyboard and mouse in the cinema.

Bluetooth K/B and mouse?

Joystick might be a challenge though.

Too far for Bluetooth, and too many stone walls between, WiFi is iffy so I had to wire a Wifi/8port switch. I already have a cat6 for the switch and another for the Digibox

Part through wiring up the equipment

_DSC3621.jpg

and the business end

_DSC3843.jpg