Adding Civilian Vehicles...

Kilo60

When adding a Neutral Civilian vehicle to a mission how do you keep the vehicle as "Neutral".

As of now I've been assigning Civilian vehicles to the RED Team so they won't show on the map but do not want them sighting for the RED Side so do I also have to make them "Blind"?

Whats the best/ simplist way to add "NEUTRAL" civilian vehicles?

Thanks!

Pretty sure that if they are empty they remain neutral.

Put any sort of OPFOR unit in them though and the become OPFOR vehicles.

I thought they remain neutral even when there is soldiers in them until they dismount or am I mixing this up with another game :)

• Members
  1. There is no true Neutral (yet) in SB Pro.
  2. You have to make them Red, or Blue.
  3. They are however exempt from fire, just like medic vehicles, as a part of the uniform RoE.
  4. Add a "Troop" damage, and they can't dismount fighters who are fair game for enemy fire. Remember that they will dismount if the vehicle somehow gets a mobility damage, and that the vehicle may receive fire as a collateral damage if someone opens on the dismounting troops
  5. "Enemy" civilian cars will report your unit positions (or gather intelligence on the enemy). Add a "Radio" damage to prevent that. You now have a vehicle that comes as close to a non-combatant as currently possible in SB Pro.
  6. For asymmetrical warfare scenarios, it might actually make sense to mix one or two civilian vehicles that do not have radio damage into a larger group who would not report on you. Or to attempt an infiltration with civilian cars by mixing a few without Troops damage into a larger group, and have them dismount in a tactically sound location.

• Members
I think you need to make them "blind" or damage the radio though or otherwise they will still report your position (i.e. Blue icons appear on Red's map) even if they have no passengers.

Correct. The drivers will still rat you out ... presumably with their cell phones. I suppose they all have a hands-free headset. :biggrin: