Wolfsburg Germany Edited

Wicked

G'day all,

One question: it is ok to edit an existing map and upload it for SB users? Just asking for legal reasons. Thank you.

I started to edit Wolfsburg Germany map. Introducing roads, small villages, farmhouses, farmland, roadsignes and other small details (all fictional). Before I continue the work I would like an answer from above question from maker or eSIM.

Cheers!

I think Dark and I started that map. It's fine with me if you want to do some work on it! If it's going to be fictional, you might want to rename it to keep it separate.

Thank you Sean. I named it Wolfburg_Germany_Edited. But will think of a new name so it will not confuse users. I'll include credits for the original map ofcourse.

Cheers!

G'day all,

One question: it is ok to edit an existing map and upload it for SB users? Just asking for legal reasons. Thank you.

I started to edit Wolfsburg Germany map. Introducing roads, small villages, farmhouses, farmland, roadsignes and other small details (all fictional). Before I continue the work I would like an answer from above question from maker or eSIM.

Cheers!

Hey wicked looks good.

I'm doing the same thing with Haune Valley map, adding roads, some towns that are missing, replacing the bridges with the correct ones and now adding buildings and other small items. Have talked to GaryOwens and he said it was ok, I'm labeling the map Haünfeld and the scenario/campaign "Battle for Haünfeld"

I'm having fun as well doing this.

Hey wicked looks good.

I'm doing the same thing with Haune Valley map, adding roads, some towns that are missing, replacing the bridges with the correct ones and now adding buildings and other small items. Have talked to GaryOwens and he said it was ok, I'm labeling the map Haünfeld and the scenario/campaign "Battle for Haünfeld"

I'm having fun as well doing this.

Thanks JohnO. It is fun indeed. I do test it now and then. Just to see how computer controlled armor response to some objects. The wooden fences I place round farm and or farmland are an example. Infantry ignores them. They climb over (walk through them) with no problem. Fine with me. But armor hesitate when close to the wooden farm fences. They sometimes prefer to go around but they can easily move through them. Need to test this more though. Perhaps different order they will act different.

Edit: did some more testing. Armor does move through the wooden farm fences. Even with scout order. I have placed a lot of bushes close to the fences. Armor will try go around them. Checked an AAR and one wingman was unlucky in formation. Fences self won't stop them.

Edited by Wicked

Edit: did some more testing. Armor does move through the wooden farm fences. Even with scout order. I have placed a lot of bushes close to the fences. Armor will try go around them. Checked an AAR and one wingman was unlucky in formation. Fences self won't stop them.

Check your speed when approaching these multi rail wooden fences.

Those who played the first part of the ADF campaign will attest to damage to crew and vehicles if you hit them too fast (not corner strainers but the middle sections).

Wheeled AFV like ASLAV especially don't like hitting them flat out. :)

Not saying that's unrealistic but players need to know the limitations of their vehicles (a bit like the "bug" post about vehicles not negotiating a gorge that looked like the Grand Canyon).

Few small cities coming alive now on the map. I am saving the map as Western_Europe. I am planning to release it when I have some more roads, farmland, villages and a few cities in it. Lets say 33% done and I'll upload. This way users can try it out with missions and hopefully get some feedback. Meanwhile I keep working on it in between. I will also export the map as bmp with some info on it, like names of villages/cities. Again all fictional.

SBProPE.70.jpg

SBProPE.71.jpg

SBProPE.72.jpg