Bumpiness terrain value and vehicle suspension

oscar19681

Yes, as far as vehicle motion is concerned. "Not yet", if we're talking about it being directly visible in the terrain or animated roadwheels. I could imagine that we'd be using a low resolution displacement map at some point so that if you reconnoiter the terrain in 3D mode you'll get an immediate impression of what to expect.

So this means that it could be seen as a preperation of animated roadwheels in future updates?

• Members

Oscar, you sent an email, and I sent a reply. However, it seems that it didn't reach you (see below). In short, the answer is No.

<your_address@email>:

213.51.146.42 does not like recipient.

Remote host said: 550 This address does not receive mail. Invalid delivery.

Giving up on 213.51.146.42.

• 1 month later...

Just to ask for a clarification...

Ssnake, does your request mean that fixed terrain files will be included in the next version, and that these terrain files will be all that's needed to keep old scenarios from being broken? (In other words, we won't need to hunt down new, fixed versions of the scenarios themselves.)

Also, will the next version include a lot of user-made scenarios, or just the basic originals?

Thanks.

• Members

...which is the reason why I have announced the need for this so early on. We can only include fixed versions if we actually receive the files before the release date. It is too much work for our team, especially for those scenarios that have been uploaded to SB.com, so the cooperation of the community is essential.

hahaha Kitt, yeah i guess you'r right. But i think Nils is a diplomat. Imagine trying to satisfy the demands of our little sandbox community without getting assasinated in some european backalley by a disgruntled SB fan or starting a huge flamewar on the forums that in the end would spread and destroy the universe... It must be one of the toughest jobs in the world to be the "Keeper of the sacred List"

I've even heard stories about sacrificing rodents to keep the "beast" happy... but that is something you have to ask the Elders in the community about, Only they now about the "old ways" and are fully trained in the arts of rodent slaughter.

Unless someone changes each scenario file and applies a "fixed" theme, then they will all need to be edited before running them.

This is what I'm trying to figure out: if someone makes a scenario using one of the standard original themes, will that scenario have to be fixed independently or will only the theme have to be fixed?

In other words, will a scenario automatically be "fixed" after the next update if it doesn't require a new theme that didn't come with the game?