Challenger 2 Speeds, Armour and penetration.

Guest Killjoy

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Sounds like the dispersion model is broke. :)

Actually, I have to admit that there indeed was a conversion error that inflated the actual dispersion. The source values were by and large accurate (e.g. taken from firing tables), but I used the wrong formula to convert 50% quartile values into standarddeviation variables.

This has now been corrected for the vast majority of all rounds in SB Pro.

• Members
And if that's not good enough, here's a higher def version:

http://www.armchair-travel.com/military/index.htm

Second link down, 400k file.

Can we have an interior now please? :)

Do you want one where you can't read a single word from any of the control panels?

Come back when there is a 40MByte sized version with corresponding high resolution of the views, and two or three additional point of view. (Which is not going to happen, I suppose).

Well, one problem you will run into when engaging at those ranges is figuring out when to stop. I must have fired 10 rounds or more before I decided that they must be dead. It was the AAR that showed me I had killed them with the first 5.

Mere mortals, especially canadians shouldn't expect this kind of accuracy. I think it might be beyond they're physical, and mental limits. I just want to say that it is possible, if only for a few. :yltype:

Do you want one where you can't read a single word from any of the control panels?

Come back when there is a 40MByte sized version with corresponding high resolution of the views, and two or three additional point of view. (Which is not going to happen, I suppose).

Something like this?

56e83cb27cfc6_gunnerpannel.jpg.6d4651ad3

56e83cb281345_Commanderstation.jpg.2edf0

56e83cb27cfc6_gunnerpannel.jpg.6d4651ad3

56e83cb281345_Commanderstation.jpg.2edf0

F***. I did not do it five years ago.... and those are the only pics of CR2 I have (even the commander pannel is not full

I could be wrong here, but I don't think that eSim would use pictures taken without permission (I also assume that you wouldn't have had permission to take the pictures) :)

I could be wrong here, but I don't think that eSim would use pictures taken without permission (I also assume that you wouldn't have had permission to take the pictures) :)

FYI, every interior in SB is usually hand-painted, and not photo-sourced, so copyright doesn't enter into the equation.

FYI, every interior in SB is usually hand-painted, and not photo-sourced, so copyright doesn't enter into the equation.

I was thinking of using pictures of possibly secret/classified stuff without permission and putting it in a publicly available sim, not copyrights.

I was thinking of using pictures of possibly secret/classified stuff without permission and putting it in a publicly available sim, not copyrights.

it'd be downright retarded of the DOD to put a picture of something on the internet and expect it to be secret.

Something like this?

yes, now all that is needed is 300 more of those, of the other parts of the interior like the gun, full overview of gunners position, loaders position, TC panels, seats, roof, floor, periscopes, hull, stuff under the gun, radio sets, plus measures of things like vision blocks, displays, boxes, etc, so that they have an accurate size, and i could probably start off right away.

• Moderators
Something like this?

The only thing is, we would be modeling the interior of a simulator if you took more of those pictures. Most of the stuff are the same, but having been in an M1 simulator, I know that 1/2 of a simulator interior is generic. It would be a simulated interior model of a simulator interior. :biggrin: Still, it is certainly better than nothing of course...

Typically it means that you have to be pretty close (e.g. if the standarddeviation of a round is 15 mil, a weak spot of 60 x 30 cm like the driver's hatch can be hit at 2000m even with perfect aiming in only about 25% of all cases; at 1000m your chances are 50%, at 500m they are about 96%, etc.).

One might explain the mathematics behind this?

Use Excel:

=(Normdist(0.5*tgtwidth, 0, .15*range(km),1)-Normdist(-0.5*tgtwidth, 0, .15*range(km),1))*(Normdist(0.5*tgthgt, 0, .15*range(km),1)-Normdist(-0.5*tgthgt, 0, .15*range(km),1))

Range, Aim 'perfect', Half form error (shorter dimension)

500m, .95, .50

1000m, .65, .46

1500m, .40, .33

2000m, .26, .23

2500m, .18, .17

3000m, .13, .12

With long range the assumption of perfect aim becomes less supportable, but it also becomes less critically important - with very tight groups an error of half target form will halve the accuracy, but with a highly dispersed group the reduction in accuracy will be far lower although the overall accuracy is lower: