I have short freezes (pause) of display...

McDaniel

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

eSim--->:remybussi:<---me

I just played about an hour of SB without a single detectable pause or stutter. The game runs smooth as silk now!

I'd like to thank you guys for even taking the time to look at this. I know it cost time and resources. To pursue it even though it was only a minor problem and even then only for a few of us...well that's just cool. :cool3:

Also, the change in lighting and shadows is subtle, but I definitely noticed it. Looks very nice! Excellent work!

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

Just bought SB Pro PE recently, enjoying it a lot, but I'm also having these relatively short (but perceived like minutes when you hold your breath) freezes every two minutes. I ran the sim in windowed mode to check any suspicious activity of the system, and it definitely is related to hard drive access.

Ssnake wrote in February that "Se supposedly fixed it". Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

vils

Avast turned off, network connections turned on and off to see the difference, no firewall running.

To me it seems like it might be related to Codemeter accessing the hard drive. There's this distinct hard disc noise at the end of the freezes, and the first freeze I get after double-clicking the SB shortcut just before the first windowed screen appears.

So after SB up and running, I ran the resource monitor in the background, entered the scenario editor and did not do anything except wait for the piep piep of the hard disc. Then I took the attached screenshot: Codemeter writing something ("Schreiben"). This happens every two minutes now as I am typing this lines and SB running idle in the background.

Thanks,

vils

codemeter.jpg.3352806071259a15bb9633415e

codemeter.jpg.3352806071259a15bb9633415e

• Administrators

Well, the temporary license is stored on the hard drive. So it's not surprising that it would do something with it.

All the beta licenses are also temporary licenses - I haven't heard any complaints about it.

Is it possible to make a exception in avast for the folder that codemeter is writing to? I know you have it turned off but sometimes AV software is not actually "off" when you tell it to turn off.

• 2 weeks later...

Even when SB is not running, I sometimes get these conspicuous beep beep sound from the hard disc.. So I checked the resource monitor, and it's again codemeter writing to the hard drive ...

Any more ideas on how to make codemeter less active?

Thanks,

vils