I have short freezes (pause) of display...

McDaniel

Could the distance between myself and Gibsonm be the factor?

Ben

Well again as I've lent my spare licenses to people in:

UK

Denmark

Germany

Iceland

Russia

Poland

Hungary

South Africa

Canada

and lots of places closer

And none (I say again "none") have reported this problem, I pretty confident its not the issue.

To the best of my knowledge Sean (who also lends a bunch of licenses) hasn't had the issue reported either.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well don't know if it would prove / disprove anything but ...

How about asking SeanPatrick if you can borrow his license?

Clear the information from Codemeter about my network details, close Hamachi and see if you still get the "2 minute pause" accessing his license.

Don't know if it will prove/disprove anything but it may help identify the issue.

If things don't change, just put my details back in and keep going for the next 10 days or so.

How about asking SeanPatrick if you can borrow his license?

My extra license is available. But...I also have short pauses about every 2 mins. It's been an issue for a while. I mentioned it long ago, but can't find the post. I know others were having the same problem, too.

It doesn't bother me so much, but I'm still keeping an eye out for a solution. I did find this old post:

I have been having some graphic issues recently.[...]When I had this problem in the past, rolling back my graphics driver fixed the problem. But not this time.

I had been noticing some drop in frame rates for awhile now, and some micro pauses. And after trying 10 different old Graphic's card drivers, with no luck, I remembered the last system change I made. It was the Direct X update required for 2.317-320 ish patch, can't remember for shure what the version was. The Direct X version required was "December 06" of 9.0c.

So I figured I'd try re-installing this DX. When I went to Microsofts site, I notice they have released a new version:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

This new version fixed all my issues. Either the old was corrupt, or just had problems the new fixed. Either way, it worked. So I figured I'd tell everyone.

System:

AMD 4800 X2

EVGA 7800 GT

4gig Corsair XMS etc.

...Maybe DX has something to do with it?

Well at least I'm not the only guy suffering. it's not that bad tbh it just annoys a little bit in the middle of an engagement making your GPS leap all over the place.

I will have a play around with drivers and such see if it makes a difference.

thanks for the help guys, if i learn anything more i will let you know

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am currently testing the game with a demo licence from Mark (thanks again!) and the game runs fine graphics-wise (is this a word?). Unfortunately I also experience the short freezes that occur exactly (!) every two minutes.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

First of all, RogueSnake doesn't know ____ from shinola <-this part is a joke

However, I got these micropauses years ago (2009 or so?) and I've learned to just ingore it. However, I am with Sean and the tactical bat in that I think it is disk I/O related. The AAR files are HUUUUUUUGE.

As an update I have not noticed the freezes since my dongle arrived and removed the hamachi network bridge

These are good news! Can anybody else confirm that the 2-minute-freezes stop after starting to use the dongle and removing hamachi?

These are good news! Can anybody else confirm that the 2-minute-freezes stop after starting to use the dongle and removing hamachi?

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Re the issue at hand, No, sorry.

Scroll back up and re read posts 22 - 31 where this was looked at and culminated in post 31 where someone with a dongle still has the pauses.

Firstly, welcome to the forum.

Thanks!

Re the issue at hand, No, sorry.

Scroll back up and re read posts 22 - 31 where this was looked at and culminated in post 31 where someone with a dongle still has the pauses.

I did read that. But I was hoping the problem had to do with connections that were still occuring, despite the dongle being connected to the computer. Maybe because the game was still doing the licence check via internet.

But I have to confess that I am completely clueless about computer/hardware stuff like this...

Ah sorry, SeanPatrick doesn't use Hamachi and indeed has an additional single license that he often lends too.

Secretly I sort of hope it is Hamachi linked because then people would know that once they bought their own dongle (and removed the Hamachi link) that the problem would go away, (i.e. that the pause was the "price" of the demo if you like).

Edited by Gibsonm

I get precisely the same sort of pause, and I have nothing in the Codemeter Configuration | Network tab. Nor do I run Hamachi and never have. I picked this pause up back around 2.5 or so, which was also about the time I moved to Windows 7; prior to that I did not have it. Being unable to determine if it was SB or Win 7, I eventually gave up trying to solve it and just live with it now. It's definitely regular, so it seems to be some kind of defined process.