How do I override an override?

F9F Panther

Me: gunner in M2A2

Situation: AI commander spots troops and orders "fire in the dust" and uses override to direct turret/gun in direction of troops

Meanwhile: I want to call in arty on the troops and continue to scan horizon for a T-72 that I saw drive over a hill.

How do I override his override?

Thanks,

F9F

If TC overrides you Hit "T" to tell Him you found a different target and You get control back. After a few seconds He will try to take over again unless He finally sees the t-72 you where looking for.

You Must simultaniously Hit "T" every 5 Second's or so While you scan to keep the Tc from taking control.

You can also try to kill your TC by driving (fast!) through woods...

:sonic:

- rump

...which usually ends up with an unintentional crash and a dead driver...

You can even kill the poor driver (occasionally a loader) by driving backwards and hard-kissing a tree, etc. but TCs are very resillient to crashes

Speaking of overrides. When in Commanders postion and the gunner locks onto a target and the target goes out of his LOS, how do you get him off of it and send him back into search mode ?

This happens to me all the time, other more dangerous targets appear or another sector becomes more dangerous and my gunner won't leave the lone target that he can't shoot at or see anymore.

You can swing the turret for a few moments but then the gunner takes control again and goes back to the locked target.

The solution is probably right under my nose but I haven't been able to find it.

That and getting my gunner to stop firing when he is obviouly firing at a target he is unlikely to hit. I've lost most of my ammo many times that way. Tried H - hold fire, however my gunner seems to ignore it.

• 3 weeks later...
Speaking of overrides. When in Commanders postion and the gunner locks onto a target and the target goes out of his LOS, how do you get him off of it and send him back into search mode ?

This happens to me all the time, other more dangerous targets appear or another sector becomes more dangerous and my gunner won't leave the lone target that he can't shoot at or see anymore.

You can swing the turret for a few moments but then the gunner takes control again and goes back to the locked target.

The solution is probably right under my nose but I haven't been able to find it.

That and getting my gunner to stop firing when he is obviouly firing at a target he is unlikely to hit. I've lost most of my ammo many times that way. Tried H - hold fire, however my gunner seems to ignore it.

I'm just a newbie, but I think one answer would be to take control of the turret from the guuner by going to the TC peri, slaving the peri to the gun, then the gun to the peri (which overides the gunner), selecting KW mode (asterisk) and then going to the GPS. You now have control of the turret and the gun and can also lase. The gunner can now eat his sarnies in peace.

Best wishes

I have just writtten a macro for this. Works a treat IMHO. :)

I'm just a newbie, but I think one answer would be to take control of the turret from the guuner by going to the TC peri, slaving the peri to the gun, then the gun to the peri (which overides the gunner), selecting KW mode (asterisk) and then going to the GPS. You now have control of the turret and the gun and can also lase. The gunner can now eat his sarnies in peace.

Best wishes

I have just writtten a macro for this. Works a treat IMHO. :)

True, but I would rather keep him working by setting him back to searching for targets with a simple keystroke.

Same thing for getting him to stop firing . I suppose the same command would accomplish both objectives.