RogueSnake79

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Is it possible to add one piece of information to the skin download page, the date the 3D model of the tank in question was changed?

There must be dozens of downloads which are valid for past versions of SB Pro only, am I correct?

Edit: Never mind I just noticed this is being discussed already. One problem with the dates is that it is completely possible to draw & upload skins for past versions too, so sorting the files database by version number is the only way to do it, I reckon.

I just tried it and had no problem.

1. did you put the .dds file in the woodland folder and not the .rar file?

2. did you put it in right folder? a skin put in Woodland folder wont show up with a Autumn theme.

3. You do have version 2.640 right? this skin wont show up in any earlier version.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

/KT

Guest Killjoy
I just tried it and had no problem.

1. did you put the .dds file in the woodland folder and not the .rar file?

2. did you put it in right folder? a skin put in Woodland folder wont show up with a Autumn theme.

3. You do have version 2.640 right? this skin wont show up in any earlier version.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

/KT

yeah i'm pretty sure they're all in there.

I load up the Scenarios and the Leopard is still Green and Black.

Guest Killjoy
well that's actually good. In a sick way. that means its something larger at fault then just the skin.

what OS do you have? I start to think its something with the folders

I've got Windows 7

Just bought the 2.6 licence.

Guest Killjoy
have you installed 2.6? and if yes, did you uninstall 2.552 before or did you install 2.6 over 2.552? Installing over an older version of SB have caused a few problems.

Tried getting rid of 2.552 and it gets rid of my launcher and prevents me from launching it.

Tried getting rid of 2.552 and it gets rid of my launcher and prevents me from launching it.

Sorry what "launcher"?

Do you mean the shortcut in the "start" menu or on the desktop or something?

May I suggest you create a folder called 2.460 and put all the parts of 2.460 in that folder.

Then double click on part 1, that will give you an installer.

Then double click on that. :)

Guest Killjoy
Sorry what "launcher"?

Do you mean the shortcut in the "start" menu or on the desktop or something?

May I suggest you create a folder called 2.460 and put all the parts of 2.460 in that folder.

Then double click on part 1, that will give you an installer.

Then double click on that. :)

I dont know which parts are 2.5 and which arent :(

Plus I have a My Docs folder for eSim as well as a Program files folder.

If someone would be kind enough to make me a tutorial, as I am a complete idiot when it comes to the internal system works of this here computer, on how to get rid of it and still be able to launch SB, i'd greatly appreciate it. :)

I dont know which parts are 2.5 and which arent :(

Plus I have a My Docs folder for eSim as well as a Program files folder.

I am such an idiot when it comes to this sort of thing.

No, don't stress.

The SB stuff goes in a few places.

The "stuff" in My Documents is "yours" (your scenarios, mods and other settings, etc.).

The stuff in Program files (and another place depending on whether you are running XP, Vista or 7) is installed by the software. This is the stuff that is removed by the uninstaller.

So go to the add/remove programs part of Control Panel. Its called something else in Win 7.

"Uninstall / remove" SB Pro PE from there.

This cleans up all the surplus files in the two places as well as Registry Entries and other Windows mumbo jumbo. Do this in preference to manually looking for files and deleting them yourself as you will miss something (or throw something out you should keep).

That gets rid of the second group of files but keeps "your stuff" in My Documents.

2.5X will then be "gone".

Then run the 2.640 installer from wherever you put it when you downloaded it.

Also accept the offer to install the codemeter software.

This will put a fresh bunch of files in "program files" and the other place (but doesn't touch My Documents).

As you've already sorted the license issue in a different thread, that shouldn't be an issue.

You should also have DirectX 9.0c already there too from when you installed 2.552.

Edited by Gibsonm

Guest Killjoy

Cheers mate.

I'll give a SITREP whenever i've set this up.

EDIT: Bingo! We have contact!

Thanks so much for your patients mate. And thanks everyone for all the help. Look forward to seeing you all on the battlefield soon! :)

• 4 weeks later...

OK, I just downloaded dpabram's 'M1A1 (HA) 11 ACR v1.0' skin to my Mods/Woodland folder, including abrams_decals.dds file (from TIS folder) as instructed, but I am still seeing the skull and cross bones decal appearing on the right front of the turret. Is this normal? Is there any way the skull and cross bones can be removed?

Thanks