RogueSnake79

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G'day Steve

You will only see the skins for vehicles that you have on your PC, sometimes for a planned MP session someone will do a skins pack either for Blue / Red or both, but you still need to DL the skins and put them on your PC to see them. :)

cheers

Shit may have jumped to soon...LOL stand by

Alas This was not my EUREKA! moment.

It was down to the fact that i had checked AU in the Camouflage skins in the mission editor.

And because it was an Aussie skin that i was using as my test skin i thourght Yeah I got it but no.

So correct me if I am worng. That when you check the box in the camo part of the options in the mission editor that SB will stick a default country skin on if the game has one? (because I went righty ho I will check the NZ on in the mission editor and when i stated the game it was the US one it had on)

Will keeep banging away at it

O_Smiladon

So correct me if I am worng. That when you check the box in the camo part of the options in the mission editor that SB will stick a default country skin on if the game has one? (because I went righty ho I will check the NZ on in the mission editor and when i stated the game it was the US one it had on)

Will keeep banging away at it

O_Smiladon

IIRC, and I may be wrong with new version but...those camo parts you are talking about in the mission editor only pertain to the infantry schemes. For vehicles, if you have new skins, you must install them in the mods folders. If you leave them alone, and are playing as Aussie for example, the default skin may or may not be Aussie depending on whether Esim made any changes to that vehicles default skin. There have been some new default skins I've seen but not all vehicles or nationalities pertaining to vehicles have new skins....I think.

Hi Enigma,

In the mission editor/options/Camouflage schemes(i think)/blue/red/country codes.

If you tick this as I did (au) the tanks had a woodland theme on it with a Kangaroo on the back plate on the turrett and a little red kangaroo on the side of the turrett. Un check it and the skin goes back to (US) scheme.

For the infantry schemes dont you put those in the esim/mods/textures/camo/then the country sub code?

O_Smiladon

• 5 months later...

So I'm looking through the downloads page for a Canadian Leo 2A6M skin for use on Rolling Thunder. Clicked on the "Search" for Leos, and there appear eight pages of them. Lo and Behold: on the top of page 2, there's just what I'm looking for: 2A6M, three-colour cam scheme, black maple leafs - very nice. But the skin dates from August 2010, and it's for SB version 2.538. I note that it's been downloaded over 1000 times, so there is some interest out there.

So my questions are:

a. will a v.2.538 skin work with the most recent update to SB; and

b. if so, how do you get it to load into SB now.

I tried last night several times but nothing I tried worked. I have downloaded skins before, but the last time was a while ago, and I'm not sure if the new version of SB uses the same method that I thought I remembered. TIA for any guidance! :)

Some will; some won't. I believe the Leopard 2A6 skin in question goes on the Leopardo2, which does not take the older skins.

Edit: Just taking another quick look at the downloads section, it looks like Fritz's Leo 2E woodland for Germany would suit the bill. I believe it includes an unmarked version, which could have the Canadian markings added quite easily.

• 1 month later...

I also have two questions about Skins.

When downloading a Skin and go to put it in the corresponding folder, eg Winter, in there, there are various other folders, eg. at, au, ca, ..red, ..za. I do simply paste in the folder eg.winter, or i have to go to another folder which is inside winter and paste it in there.

And a second question: there ia a folder camo in there. In this folder there are other folders such as autumn, desert, winter and woodland. In there what files are placed;

Thanks for the help ..

I also have two questions about Skins.

When downloading a Skin and go to put it in the corresponding folder, eg Winter, in there, there are various other folders, eg. at, au, ca, ..red, ..za. I do simply paste in the folder eg.winter, or i have to go to another folder which is inside winter and paste it in there.

And a second question: there ia a folder camo in there. In this folder there are other folders such as autumn, desert, winter and woodland. In there what files are placed;

Thanks for the help ..

The two letter code folders are abbreviations for countries.

Put the skin in the folder that corresponds with the nationality of the vehicles used in your scenario.

So if you have a winter scenario with say Canadian vehicles, then for the skin to appear in the scenario it goes into:

C:\Users\?????\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\winter\ca

The camo folder applies to the Infantry units.

So in the same example if you want to give the Canadian Infantry a special skin it goes into:

C:\Users\?????\Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\camo\winter\ca

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Trying to follow this thread. Two scenarios:

1. Soviet T-72M1 goes in Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\red Yes?

2. Iraqi T-72M1 goes in Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\desert\red

- OR -

In Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\desert\ir ?

Thanks.

Trying to follow this thread. Two scenarios:

1. Soviet T-72M1 goes in Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\woodland\red Yes?

2. Iraqi T-72M1 goes in Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\desert\red

- OR -

In Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\desert\ir ?

Thanks.

The latter for the Iraqi vehicle while the Russian/Soviet would go in the "ru" folder in the same directory.