Scoring Help

ShoutingDog

I just don't get how strength scoring works so I'm just gonna ask how to set this up.

If less than 35% of total friendly forces are destroyed I want to give the player 50 points.

For every point over 35% I want to take away 1 point to a max of 50. Friendly forces are mostly tanks, a couple of scout hummers and a couple of trucks.

I set baseline at 35% and max points to 50

Set to friendly forces destroyed

Set penalty to 1 %

I've played the scenario multiple times. In a number the friendly forces are completely wiped out well before the mission time limit. With all forces destroyed I still get 22 points. WTF!!!!

It seems to me once 85% of forces are destroyed that ZERO points should be earned. Start with 50 and lose 1 for (85-35=50) ends up with ZERO. Not so it seems.

So what's the deal?

How do I set this up so that if the player loses all but 15% of his force he gets jack?

• Members

DA's advice is going in the right direction.

The baseline should be Survivors 65% = 0 points, and give 2 points for each additional percent with a cap at 50 (which means that up to 25% more survivors will be rewarded while anything between 90% and 100% survivors makes no difference; if you want to reward the full range you need to award 1.428 points per additional survivor percent).

Where is Survivors on the strength scoring screen. Everything says destroyed if I'm recalling correctly.

So when I see % friendly destroyed I originally thought anything over 35% I would penalize for.

Doesn't work that way.

I tried it DA's way and it seems to work.

Still confusing and even more so when I read the SB Pro Manual.

• Members

Well, you give the full points for your intended maximum survival rate (e.g. 100% or 90% or what you consider appropriate ... =0% or 10% destroyed) and then penalize for all killed units up to the penalty cap. Just apply reverse logic, so to speak.

Well, you give the full points for your intended maximum survival rate (e.g. 100% or 90% or what you consider appropriate ... =0% or 10% destroyed) and then penalize for all killed units up to the penalty cap. Just apply reverse logic, so to speak.
That's the way I saw it and did exactly that the 1st time. Doesn't work. See 1st post.

• Members

Oh, wait...

You want to do two things.

a) penalize losses above 65% with 1 point per percent

b) give one bonus of 50 points if the survival rate is anywhere above 35%

I this correct?

If so, you'll need two subscores - one for the penalty and one for the bonus combined with Apply, if... condition.

Oh, wait...

You want to do two things.

a) penalize losses above 65% with 1 point per percent

b) give one bonus of 50 points if the survival rate is anywhere above 35%

I this correct?

Yep - that's it.

If so, you'll need two subscores - one for the penalty and one for the bonus combined with Apply, if... condition.

Two seperate subscores. Hadn't thought of that.