FISTV Mapping Errors

dpabrams

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Well, regardless, it is still polite to email or PM first before you publicly pick apart someone elses work. At least do one before the other, but meh, who cares about being polite these days. It is always a fine line between helpfully pointing out flaws and public humiliation. :shocked:

• Moderators
Oh, sarcasm I get it. Does Deja do all the skins?

But no, it wasn't sarcasm. I figure it was implied that he made it, but I guess that is not well known. To answer your question though, no, he does not make all skins but he has made the majority.

Edited by Volcano
typo

But no, it wasn't sarcasm. I figure it was implied that he made it, but I guess that is not well known. To answer your question though, no, he does not make all skins but he has made the majority.

How do I go about finding the exact artist that created a particular skin? And then locate an email address etc. Deja seems to welcome the feedback posted publically just fine.

• Moderators
How do I go about finding the exact artist that created a particular skin? And then locate an email address etc. Deja seems to welcome the feedback posted publically just fine.

Easy, assume that he has made all the skins and models since it is practically true. At the very least he is the lead artist (as you can see in the credits), so he will pass the info along to the proper person.

And you never know, he may actually fix it if you approach the creator nicely (that is the point). Rhetorical question: if I posted flaws with your textures publicly would you not at first be offended? It is only natural. Anyway, I am only trying to suggest a more polite way to report graphic issues, whether you do that or not is up to you. No need to get sassy/on edge about it, sheesh.

At the very least he is the lead artist (as you can see in the credits), so he will pass the info along to the proper person.

No need to get sassy/on edge about it, sheesh.

Sassy on edge? You read a lot into a post and a picture. I am sure if Deja was offended he would have said something to me, instead he acknowledged the post, as he usually does. If someone has an issue with my work, that is fine. I welcome feedback and occasional direct criticism. I of course have entire plausible deniability as I offer these mods free of charge as they are stolen and plagiarized from someone else’s skin.

As I recall you and I had a similar exchange some time ago. I appreciate you standing up for your boys and I will see if I have any luck emailing Deja.

• Moderators
Sassy on edge? You read a lot into a post and a picture. I am sure if Deja was offended he would have said something to me, instead he acknowledged the post, as he usually does. If someone has an issue with my work, that is fine. I welcome feedback and occasional direct criticism. I of course have entire plausible deniability as I offer these mods free of charge as they are stolen and plagiarized from someone else’s skin.

As I recall you and I had a similar exchange some time ago. I appreciate you standing up for your boys and I will see if I have any luck emailing Deja.

Hmm, well, I was referring to the posts that followed, not the original post and picture; but you are probably right and I misread the tone of those replies (such is the way of text based comms).

Well anyway, I have hijacked the thread long enough: I was simply suggesting the best method to get those issues you find addressed, and I think that is what we all want in the end. Beyond that you are of course free to do what you like. Post on, I suppose if Deja would rather you PM or email him then he will let you know himself. ;)