Calling UK tankies

Tonywjones44

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not in th UK, but I could make game time every now and then if you need someone to run OPFOR for you. ;)

Tacbat,

If you'd like to be kept informe or our activities, why not join the group? We are, however, in the early stages of training at the moment and you might find us a bit 'elementary!.

Best wishes

Tjay

C.O UKArmour

I believe he is referring to the Yahoo group sucking your soul from your lifeless body....err I mean problems with providing info that is none of their business.

Mm. I've been a member of a RAF virtual squadron for many years that uses a Yahoo group for information - and AFAIK, we've never had any problems. But if this group starts getting spammed it will me moved to another protocol pronto.

Regards

Tjay

C.O. UKArmour.

Tacbat,

If you'd like to be kept informe or our activities, why not join the group? We are, however, in the early stages of training at the moment and you might find us a bit 'elementary!.

Best wishes

Tjay

C.O UKArmour

Just PM me a date/time when you need an OPFOR dude, and I'll let you know if I can make it.

Ha!

We affectionately called em "Cab rats"... If you moved the turret to the 10 o'clock, you (as the gunner) could kick them in the swad... Hehehe... I miss those days...

I guess you liked your Post-Exercise Dinner cold then? :)

A magical ablilty to only find 2nd gear.

:biggrin:

Found the Yahoo Group.

Why? Does he have a prickly personality?

Tony

C.O UKArmour

Nah, I just have a weird/dry/special sense of humour.

No quite the opposite, a "good egg".
Yes I have to agree, I met Alex a couple of years ago, he helped out at an ITEC exhibition, nice guy :smile:

Thank you, Mark & Kevin (Or Kevin & Mark)

:cry::)

Hmm , If playing at 2000 central-euro-time would be OK for you, we could set up some joined exercises.(on the virtual NTC-Bergen-Hohne)

I'm currently probing the water if there is interesst for that in the german community.

Thanks for the offer Grenny. I'll bear it it mind, but as my post 'UKArmour clarification' says, we are going to be in the work-up phase for a while yet. You'll be advised when we feel confident enough for some head-to-head stuff!

Best wishes

Tjay

C.O UKArmour

Sorry, no H2H.

What we are planning is a TF Coop with 2 Plt CV; 1 Plt Leop2A5; Maintenance and Quartermaster Elements AND 2 Plt CR with it´s own CO or XO.

Enemy will be equipped with US Armor......

Plan is to attack to contact, fight through, with taking Bridges an attack the main Force.

Working with real JFST, RECCE and Engineering Troops.

I just need some advise what the Callsigns look like and what is the Order of Battle for independent, if detached, Tank platoons in the UK.

Thanks for the offer Grenny. I'll bear it it mind, but as my post 'UKArmour clarification' says, we are going to be in the work-up phase for a while yet. You'll be advised when we feel confident enough for some head-to-head stuff!

Best wishes

Tjay

C.O UKArmour

Thats why I said(or didn't I ;-) )...COOP scenario

I just need some advise what the Callsigns look like and what is the Order of Battle for independent, if detached, Tank platoons in the UK.

Well the doctrinal setup would be two Troops (Platoon equivalent) each of 3 CR2.

CO or XO would have their own CR2.

Their should also be some recovery and log assets but you can probably just say they are included in whatever you already have.

I’m guessing the Brits aren’t supplying the CT HQ?

Thats why I said(or didn't I ;-) )...COOP scenario

Roger. But don't some coops have human OPFOR? Anyway, it will be a while before UKArmour is combat ready, and I'm sure you wouldn't want a lot of untrained noobs fouling up your battle plan. ;)

I look forward to reading your AAR.

Best wishes

Tjay

C.O UKArmour

Practice is the best training.

Don't be afraid of if just because you haven't mastered SB Pro yet. Jump in, get wet, and learn from the experience. :)

Amen to that...as if we where the wise-cracks on using SB. :-D

Unlike in the real world, it does not hurt if we run a Company exercise and screw up(not costs, no injuries)

And: thats like most people here learned it too.

We offer a chance to hop in and run a prepared and tested scenario(and as far as I know Eisenschwein a good one too).

It is a good way to see what works and what doesn't and have some fun with a couple of tank-nutters...

Practice is the best training.

Don't be afraid of if just because you haven't mastered SB Pro yet. Jump in, get wet, and learn from the experience. :)

Oh, we are practicing - both individually and collectively. But amongst ourselves for the moment. We don't want to look too pratty in public...

Best wishes

Tjay