Calling UK tankies

Tonywjones44

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Just got SB up and running; steep learning curve !! As a newbie, not sure what I can offer as yet - enthusiasm, perhaps... but I'm sure you guys can teach me a lot.

Ex-defence industry (Artillery/mortar fire computers and systems) and research.

Unlike some of you I do have some spare time, and may be able to help with a website.

Hi guys,

Just got SB up and running; steep learning curve !! As a newbie, not sure what I can offer as yet - enthusiasm, perhaps... but I'm sure you guys can teach me a lot.

Ex-defence industry (Artillery/mortar fire computers and systems) and research.

Unlike some of you I do have some spare time, and may be able to help with a website.

Welcome.

Hope you can join us tonight.

Edited by Marko

Nor is it "UP" in the UK (and most Commonwealth armies). ;)

Replace "UP!" with "LOADED!"

Replace "On the Way!" with either "FirING!" or "Firing NOW!" (press the trigger during the "ING" or "NOW")

Keep it up Mark

But dont worry I'll put my Gunnery Instructors head on tonight and "enlighten a few"

Irish

Was nice to see 6 people (apart from mark) on the TS...not a bad start that is!

So, how was it yesterday? Did you get a session running?

Keep it up mates!

Hedgehog was not to far of with the "missus" comment. You see the pic...this is how I spent my last weekends, and how I'll spent this one. So I had to be nice

29012011073.jpg.28c8183ae9f9cb97ec3cdda9

29012011073.jpg.28c8183ae9f9cb97ec3cdda9

Was nice to see 6 people (apart from mark) on the TS...not a bad start that is!

So, how was it yesterday? Did you get a session running?

Keep it up mates!

Hedgehog was not to far of with the "missus" comment. You see the pic...this is how I spent my last weekends, and how I'll spent this one. So I had to be nice

I hope Mrs Grenny didn't take offence? :redface:

I'm kind of expecting Zombies or someother Sci-fi type enemy to come shuffling out of the gloom there. :)

Oh! A meet-up! been a while since I was at an Internet forum meeting :D

The Frugal's Forums one at the flight sim show at the Hilton a few years ago was about the best ... Mr Bush kept us entertained all night :drink: until the show opened in the morning ... Virtual reality headset and a hangover did not mix...

Oh! A meet-up! been a while since I was at an Internet forum meeting :D

The Frugal's Forums one at the flight sim show at the Hilton a few years ago was about the best ... Mr Bush kept us entertained all night :drink: until the show opened in the morning ... Virtual reality headset and a hangover did not mix...

I'm all for a meet up at some point, as long as there's beer :biggrin:

Picture is not that good, but it looks like Michael is leading the "Gang"....

Nah...I'm just the one who took the photo. Couldn't do shooting that day, was busy walking around with to white-arm bandages and a black "L" on them.

You could see a target only at 70-80m that day...and only the siluetts in the fog to be honest.

It had a certain ghoulish feeling to it 8-)

We where the only unit on the ground, so range control said:"Forget about the lane markers...just make shure you don't shoot backwards ;-) "

Edited by Grenny

Greetings again.

Currently Eisenschwein is working on "joint OPs" -ex., that will take part in the northern area of NTC-Bergen-Hohne.

Its planned for a (GE)MechInf company(+/-) and a (UK)tank squadron(-) acting a one BG(or TF)

Have a look:

56e83cb8118fc_Plannedsce.jpg.0daa64f362c

56e83cb8118fc_Plannedsce.jpg.0daa64f362c

Commonwealth soldiers ok?

The TGIF games have always been at a sucky time (0400) for me, and combined with a chaotic work/home schedule, I've never been able to make it. Those Thursday night times sound nice though....also, the UK timezone is much more agreeable. Would notices be up here?

Apologies for not replying previously. UK Armour is currently Yahoo Group based (see earlier post for the address), so just go ahead and join.