OneShot collection-1 - H2H

Fuby

I don't know if this would be of help or use to anyone...

More or less feeling out the editors. Nothings locked.. and obviously it does not take long to do this stuff in the mission editor..excellent editors on my honeymoon experience btw!!

but was something "I" personally was searching for above the tutorials and seeing I had to make it because I may have over looked the same idea in download section.. well..maybe someone else is thinking the same. we all like "baby steps" before jumping into night time online mayhem!! :)

As a "new" user to the series I was just wanting "simple" ONE vehicle to go against another with a friend.. more or less to check out the models and well, kill my friend without worry of AI killing me back so we can see if we can adjust to the environment..

so, I put together about 20 scenarios on various maps of vehicle vs same vehicle. You will find an assortment in the pack and they actually have a small waypoint for each can get started in the right direction.. so Single as well as MP does seem to work basicly.. anyways.. here is the link..

http://www.box.com/s/ro17fs3ge6xhv8zig8ua (version 2.640)

Vehicles - collection 1

ASLAV, BMP2, BradleyM3A2, Centurion, Challenger2, CV90-35DK, Leopard1A5-DK, Leopard2A4, Leopard2A5-DK, Leopard-AS1, M1A1HA, M1A2, M60A3, M113AS4, Pizzarro, Strv122, T72B, T72M1, T72M4, YPR-765

Planning on doing every vehicle this way unless it's already out here?

I like the idea of alot of AI and strategy.. but I also like the one on one to four on four effect from "humans" alone.

I would also like to know.. is there a "re-spawn" feature that could be added in some way to go with a timer? for like most kills in 20 minutes feature? Am I getting to gamey here? :)

Edited by Fuby
can't spell...public scoolin

the pdf on the boolean logic nor the sbwiki of "Spawn if" or "Player if" for "me" does not show which one would be a clear choice in this respect as to a destroyed unit replaced with another.. I guess I could try them all.. or you could point me to it? I tried the unit "this" is damaged in different ways..but that didn't work..and no destroyed under the logics.

Edit: ok, my bad.. I got it with no operational "tanks" combined with previous unit on field..

Quake wouldn't have a chance against a Leopard2...;)

More or less needed to stop having to reload the same map over and over within minutes possibly...

Edited by Fuby
got it..

• Members

If you split a platoon into individual vehicles, you'll see that each of them has a unique identifier. Say, you specify 1-1/A as your start vehicle, and want 1-2/A to follow. The Spawn condition would then be "...if 1-1/A strength < 1", eventually coupled with a five seconds delay.

If you don't want each vehicle to spawn in a fixed location, you can create several routes from it, each with a "jump" condition like "0 < X1 < 20", 20 < X1 < 40", ... This will cause the unit to appear spawning at the end point of these routes (note that the jump function can be used only for routes starting from the original vehicle).

If you want to be even more sophisticated, you can create several "sectors" in your map and use the condition "enemy AFVs in region N < 1" as a condition to prevent a jump into the area where the other player currently is.

Download this scenario and have a look at it in the mission editor.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/Downloads/p13_sectionid/266/p13_fileid/1713

Appreciate the link..

That was actually one of the few I had seen in the download section mentioning respawn. I tried it.. I guess it may have been made in an earlier version as it did not work properly for myself and friend trying it..

I have the respawn figured pretty good now and will add a single to the download section.. Ofcourse its not a strategy on a massive scale, but people do like going head to head against a friend in same vehicles and just using the terrain now and then..well, at least we do..:)

GS-Lonewolves-Strv122.zip download link:

http://www.box.com/s/xl0me5f69tr7nv46x7ap

Well, after much testing I found that a tank can still be alive but none combative when another spawns in the way I tried it.. also, seems if both tanks take each other out at the same time.. the mission might end right then.

Edited by Fuby
added a download link to 10 respawn file

The Spawn condition would then be "...if 1-1/A strength < 1", eventually coupled with a five seconds delay.

I can not actually find this exact command in the logics windows? for "spawn if.."

did you mean the logic line "total < 0 members" logic line and change it to 10/A < 1 thru 10 percent ?

the word "strength" has been removed in the editor logic listings as of 2.640 I guess?

least mine don't show it? as shown in the wiki screen shots?

Right-click the unit, select Options, then "Spawn, if..."

I think you read to fast... that command strength <1 no longer exists.. as you stated... not in "my" 2.640 version at least..

spawnif.jpg

I was more or less asking if you meant the logic line of: total < 0 members and changing it with the 10/A(any vehice) <(less than) 1 percent (percentage of strength left in vehicle?)

Edited by Fuby

• Members

Yeah, the "total < 0 members" line is it. You can toggle through the individual units, and you can toggle between absolute numbers and percentage strength. I'd go with absolute figures as we don't consider percentages of "residual combat strength" of a single vehicle in damaged state or something. If you split the platoon into individual vehicles, go with "< 1 members"