The loaders machine gun

Marko

I have been wondering for a while how come we do not have the ability

To use this weapon system. When entering an urban area that extra machine gun would be a very useful addition.

Yes execpt the loader's primary job is to, well, Load the main gun.

Messing around with an exposed MG will more often then not just result in him becoming a casualty.

The MG on the loader's side when fitted is meant for air defense, not for him to spray rounds all over the place while the gunner is screaming for him to load the next main armament round (or reload the coax - which is under armour, stabilised and has a good sight).

Yes execpt the loader's primary job is to, well, Load the main gun.

Messing around with an exposed MG will more often then not just result in him becoming a casualty.

The MG on the loader's side when fitted is meant for air defense, not for him to spray rounds all over the place while the gunner is screaming for him to load the next main armament round (or reload the coax - which is under armour, stabilised and has a good sight).

Yes i agree. I was referring to urban operations were the main gun can not be used.

In certain situations. I also noticed on the New Leo A7 seems to have a Remote MG on The loaders side.Very useful for the suppression of snipers and RPG teams

it makes no sense to model the loaders station in SB.but the ability to use the MG

especially in multiplayer games were one then one player can crew the tank.

mite be useful

Yes i agree. I was referring to urban operations were the main gun can not be used.

In certain situations. I also noticed on the New Leo A7 seems to have a Remote MG on The loaders side.Very useful for the suppression of snipers and RPG teams

it makes no sense to model the loaders station in SB.but the ability to use the MG

especially in multiplayer games were one then one player can crew the tank.

mite be useful

Well quite often the main gun can be used in urban opos (e.g. cannister, etc.).

"Remote" is the operative word.

And what happens when the exposed loader is shot? The loader's position may not be modelled but the effect of him not being there would then need to be.

Overall the effort to model something used in "certain" situations (say < 5% of the time) would seem a waste of resources.

Regret the brevity but need to be somewhere else.

Well quite often the main gun can be used in urban opos (e.g. cannister, etc.).

"Remote" is the operative word.

And what happens when the exposed loader is shot? The loader's position may not be modelled but the effect of him not being there would then need to be.

Overall the effort to model something used in "certain" situations (say < 5% of the time) would seem a waste of resources.

Regret the brevity but need to be somewhere else.

Yer may be so.i think the MG on the A7 uses the lemur weapons station

• 2 weeks later...

Actually if you go to the mission editor and put a Challenger 2 on the map and go into the ammunitions, you can see that the loaders MG is also listed... maybe a hint for neat things to come in the future ;)

1-50.jpg

now that looks like the loaders MG to me, so why put it in there at all if its not going to become active at all later on...