If the Artillery is the King of Battle...

Werewolf

• Moderators
...and Infantry is the Queen of Battle what does that make Armor?

And how come the grunts in the infantry have never complained about being the Queen of battle?

Hmmmmm?

How come?

See everyone's favorite scenario (sarcasm - although I do like it myself) "Tactical Chess". Typically armor would be the rooks, cav/scouts the knights... and so on. Bishops? I don't know, maybe they are the chaplains. ;)

But really, all that stuff is made up. Take the queen for example, I have also heard that infantry are the queen of battle, mainly in marching cadences, but as tankers when we heard that when they marched by we always thought it was a case of "whatever makes them feel special". So that begs the rhetorical question: if infantry are the queen then who the heck are the pawns? Right. :sonic:

But in all actuality, a skilled chess player might tell you that the pawn is the most powerful piece in chess. Not alone of course, but together as the chain. So really, being a pawn isn't that bad as long as you are surrounded by other pawns!

...and Infantry is the Queen of Battle what does that make Armor?

And how come the grunts in the infantry have never complained about being the Queen of battle?

Hmmmmm?

How come?

Being a Danish Army Mech Inf (Mechanised Infantry) with tour in Iraq:

1: The ART are the King of the battlefield, because when ART "speaks" (firing), there is no discussion.

2: The infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, because every great man, needs a woman, or he will fail. (A old military saying is: "You can only win a war, by putting infantry into the objective")

3: We always said that armor, is the "Hammer" of a Generals plans. (Old military saying is that, that armor and infantry is the "Hammer and Anvil")

So in short: "A King and his Queen uses the Hammer and Anvil to forge and shape there Kingdom"