T-72 campaign kickoff sat 3rd March

Zipuli

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a follow-up, because I've been away for about three weeks, has the mission been posted somewhere so that we can download it prior to our get-together tomorrow? I'm looking, but I'm not finding... :confused:

Not that I know of.

Have a Comms update too - Sorted Internet connection so another OPFOR member ready to parachute, drive or swim ashore as required "in the morning". ;)

Cool stuff! My monitor blew up this morning and now I have über monitor to capture wide screen image with FRAPS... now all I need to do is get it record the sounds as well =)

I will post mission here just prior to gametime. Two reasons: not to spoil anything... and it's not yet ready.

Thanks for all players, red and blue!

Short report on what happened:

- Red was securing an LZ for later operations, they lost most of their "heavy" equipment (BMD-2s) and inf took quite heavy casualties as well. What they have up their sleeve is to be seen...

- Blue side lost 4 tanks, though 2 of them due to a bug... and of the 2 really dead tanks the other one would've lived at least longer if the 2 bug kills wouldn't have happened - as he dies pulling back, what we would not have done if the bug wouldn't have happened... so it was a bit weird.

- Due to friction of war and such, blue coy did not reach the assigned objective, but did consolidate so that Bn main body can attack in mission 2.

- Blue coy lost 2 tanks in Bravo and 2 motocycles... we are combat effective, but not in full strenght.

Mission 2 playtime will be posted here later! Hope to see you all there! Also captured video from this match, maybe something comes out of it... =)

Hope red side also has fun, though playable vehicles will be added in later scenarios... this one was all out airborne, so no playables, sorry =)

You played well and actually forced us to abandon the original plan, and loss of 2 tanks to Spandrels was a bitch!!

Oh and blue guys: you played really well! Looking at the videos the movement to contact and the beginning of the fight was really cool, with most of the company engaging same targets =)

Thanks for the chance to play with BLUE, Zip. I had a great time...until the bug struck! I'll try for the next game as well: put me where you need me.

Hope red side also has fun, though playable vehicles will be added in later scenarios... this one was all out airborne, so no playables, sorry =)

You played well and actually forced us to abandon the original plan, and loss of 2 tanks to Spandrels was a bitch!!

Well as long as I get my rightful share of Frontal Aviation (both rotary and fixed wing) to support Phase 2, my paras wont have died in vain.

Unsure if you had map updating "damaged" or if it was "lag" but I whilst I was hearing T-72s and there were sighting reports on the radio (no grids unfortunately) I didn't see a T-72 on the map until my lead BMD was clobbered at short range from across an open field.

Also I suspect transporting infantry in civilian trucks wont succeed again. :)

Note to others: The trucks at least appear to remain "linked" to their original passengers.

My Ural PL delivered an Inf PL and I sent them back empty to collect some other poor sods yomping in from the LZ but while the trucks RV'ed and both were stopped, the "new" passengers refused to get into the trucks.

...but I whilst I was hearing T-72s and there were sighting reports on the radio (no grids unfortunately) I didn't see a T-72 on the map until my lead BMD was clobbered at short range from across an open field.

You're welcome! :biggrin:

You're welcome! :biggrin:

Oh don't get me wrong, happy to die if I was executing poor drills.

Just that we had heard nosies, here, there and then from nowhere blam (from what seemed a stones throw away).

Just thought the map update would display a nice Mil Symbol prior to "blam".

Looks like I got the first kill: one of your vehicles was on a slight rise, stationary and broadside to me. Two more were just beyond (northeast), but I was not able to engage: dead ground. I made a second hit, but not a kill, then got hit by "the bug" and that was it for me! :frown:

You may have got the first kill, but not on me.

Another callsign suffered the first kill (not saying I'm better, just that I wasn't in that location).

Anyway its not a big issue.

No issue at all, my friend. Just a little bit of misplaced levity on my part!

Guest Killjoy
Except of course in this context that is our Forward Detachment coming to link up with us and smash "you". :)

You gave us a bloody nose, i'll give you that! :)

You gave us a bloody nose, i'll give you that! :)

Well for you it might have been more than just a bloody nose if the AI wasnt playing Spads ( Card game ) while he was stareing at you from behind. I think if the BMD would have been playable you might be saying something else other than a blood nose.

Guest Killjoy
Well for you it might have been more than just a bloody nose if the AI wasnt playing Spads ( Card game ) while he was stareing at you from behind. I think if the BMD would have been playable you might be saying something else other than a blood nose.

All I could see was the Spandrel sticking up over the ridge.

Maybe because the Gun was below the rise he didnt shoot? :confused:

I myself am surprised it didn't.

All I could see was the Spandrel sticking up over the ridge.

Maybe because the Gun was below the rise he didnt shoot? :confused:

I myself am surprised it didn't.

He wouldnt switch to AT5 for some reason. Maybe it was the fear of a T-72M1 driving about 400 meters away.:eek2: