New tank sim

daskal

• Moderators
http://www.americasarmor.com/OpOrd.html

However sounds seem to be a straight rip-off from Pro PE, hell I could even hear one of my main gun sound mods in the exterior shots... I might be wrong though, but smells suspicious...

Yes, you are correct - thanks for keeping your ear out. I notified them of the issue and they seemed reasonable about it (hopefully they are just placeholder sounds). We will have to see/hear where they go from here.

I'm wondering too!!

Where is Oscar? Hope he's allright.

I,m doing fine thank you . It does look interesting , and so does the suspension . But i dont believe it will be able to rival SBP any time soon. I the forums to do some research on the project and was totally put of by the fact that the developer claims to be a former m1a1 tanker and never heard of dynamic lead or a ballistics computer. Yet he says it will be a realistic simulater.

I,m doing fine thank you . It does look interesting , and so does the suspension . But i dont believe it will be able to rival SBP any time soon. I the forums to do some research on the project and was totally put of by the fact that the developer claims to be a former m1a1 tanker and never heard of dynamic lead or a ballistics computer. Yet he says it will be a realistic simulater.

I recall what you're referring to, me saying I don't recall a ballistics computer. Well I should have said "We" didn't call it a ballistics computer but a Fire-Control Computer. Yes it is a ballistic computer but we never referred to it as that.

As for the dynamic lead.......nonexistent, if it was true dynamic lead you wouldn't have to move the reticle what so ever or correct it on the move, as a gunner I know for a fact that I had to lead moving targets or targets while we were on the move. You can call it dynamic lead all day but it isn't in my opinion.

I was on an M1A1( 93-96' 1/67 C CO. 2nd AD) and thus I am not up to speed on what kind of advancements the A2 has. If you have any evidence to the contrary please do post it...

I am not trying to rival SB or any other title. I have nothing against SB, hopefully we can put the whole "SoundGate" deal aside and be friendly.

I recall what you're referring to, me saying I don't recall a ballistics computer. Well I should have said "We" didn't call it a ballistics computer but a Fire-Control Computer. Yes it is a ballistic computer but we never referred to it as that.

As for the dynamic lead.......nonexistent, if it was true dynamic lead you wouldn't have to move the reticle what so ever or correct it on the move, as a gunner I know for a fact that I had to lead moving targets or targets while we were on the move. You can call it dynamic lead all day but it isn't in my opinion.

I was on an M1A1( 93-96' 1/67 C CO. 2nd AD) and thus I am not up to speed on what kind of advancements the A2 has. If you have any evidence to the contrary please do post it...

I am not trying to rival SB or any other title. I have nothing against SB, hopefully we can put the whole "SoundGate" deal aside and be friendly.

I didnt mean it as a personal attack , and we at SB forum dont mean it as a personal attack either. I realise you project is still in its infancy and ill follow it to see what it will turn out to be. I,m sure most of us welcome another tank sim and i little competition can have its benifits to.

The automatic lead system provides continuous lead to the day and night sight reticles for engaging moving targets. The operator needs only to maintain the center of the reticle on the center of the target. Automatic lead works only in normal mode, with gunner's handles or commander's handle palm switches squeezed, and after range has been entered (either manually or by lasing). The ballistic computer receives target rate information from gunner's handles or commander's handle motion. The computer calculates the lead offset and positions the GPS and thermal imaging system (TIS) reticles. The computer detects tank motion as well as target motion. When the gunner's handles and commander's handle are centered, the computer automatically sets lead to zero. This is useful after slewing to a target. For greatest firing accuracy, keep the center of the reticle on a specific point near the center of the target. Gunner's handles and commander's handle motion in azimuth must reflect target rate as closely as possible. If normal mode drift is not zeroed or reticle is allowed to drift on the target, accuracy will be greatly reduced. There is a reference umm cant think of it right now.

BALLISTIC COMPUTER

The ballistic computer uses stored (automatic inputs) and manual input data to improve gun aiming accuracy. Automatic inputs include cant, crosswind, range and lead. These automatic inputs entered from sensors may be manually overridden if desired. Manual inputs to the computer include air temperature, ammunition temperature, ammunition type, barometric pressure, muzzle reference system (muzzle displacement), and gun/turret position control inputs. Boresighting and zeroing fire control system (GPS) is done through the computer control panel. The ballistic computer has the capability of self-testing its automatic inputs and units of the fire control system. The computer control panel , mounted to the gunner's right, has a protective cover that automatically turns off the display when closed.:cvcys:

On the A1 you still needed to induce lead. Atleat I had to on the Abrams I was saddled in. To me that isn't a dynamic lead.

We're you thinking of the MRS(Muzzle Reference System)?

Nice refresher course Delta....;)

I was going to release a demo on the Droids and tablets but not sure to what effect. Maybe a little Gunnery Range.

As the Sim is now it would not run on a smartphone or tablet.

Right now as it stands there is a 50mb limit to uploading games for the Android Market, although you can develope it so after you download the intial 50mb and install it the device connects and installs the remaining files. Not sure if that is the best thing to do. I could dumb everything down as far as graphics which would help bring the size down.

Not sure about Linux as of yet. I will have to research that.

The switches on the controls that engaged the stab, we called "cadillacs", I never heard them called palm switches.

I also remember updating the MRS with that toggle switch after every engagment.

Its coming back to me.......lol

LMAO ok dude your right good luck with your Sim. Have a nice day