Shooting with the Carl Gustav 84mm AT-weapon

bmbpdk

Ooh! A tripod! What Luxuary. :biggrin:

This is one for the gamers out there:

Have you noticed how developers never model the effects of backblast in First Person Shooters?

Its normally:

Pop, Whoosh!

"Is that it?"

Not the:

BANG! Fishew!

"Fuuuck, my ears!"

Plus they always seem to miss the amount of shit kicked up so you can't see for 5 Seconds.

There you are Ssnake! A challenge!

The tripod is standard on all Danish Gustav´s, but the gunner trained firing the "Gustav" laying, crouching and standing, all three positions with and without the tripod.

When laying and not using the tripod, we used our rugsacks as support.

And beside 1 Gustav in each squad (8-10 soldiers) we also had 2-3 AT-4, primarily used for taking out positions or buidlings

The tripod is standard on all Danish Gustav´s, but the gunner trained firing the "Gustav" laying, crouching and standing, all three positions with and without the tripod.

When laying and not using the tripod, we used our rugsacks as support.

And beside 1 Gustav in each squad (8-10 soldiers) we also had 2-3 AT-4, primarily used for taking out positions or buidlings

'Scuse igrance, but is this a playable weapon in SB? If so, how.

Thanks in advance.

This is one for the gamers out there:

Have you noticed how developers never model the effects of backblast in First Person Shooters?

Its normally:

Pop, Whoosh!

"Is that it?"

Not the:

BANG! Fishew!

"Fuuuck, my ears!"

Plus they always seem to miss the amount of shit kicked up so you can't see for 5 Seconds.

There you are Ssnake! A challenge!

That´s right, never forget my last 4 shots with the Carl Gustav. Bundeswehr uses them to illuminate the Battlefield.

After a short introduction I have to put on the "Special Gear", extra Ear Protection an a special Helmet over my normal Helmet ?!

Last word´s from the Guy who introduce me with the Weapon was: " When I tip your Helmet count 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 and shoot"

35 and BOOOOOOOOM, with the first shoot I lost my Watch and nearly all Knobs of my Parka.

But I have to do 3 more... Tip on the Helmet.......

That was very, äh impressiv.

Years later I had the Chance to watch a Carl Gustav shooting in Oksbol/Demark, that wasn´t that loud...

That´s right, never forget my last 4 shots with the Carl Gustav. Bundeswehr uses them to illuminate the Battlefield.

After a short introduction I have to put on the "Special Gear", extra Ear Protection an a special Helmet over my normal Helmet ?!

Last word´s from the Guy who introduce me with the Weapon was: " When I tip your Helmet count 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 and shoot"

35 and BOOOOOOOOM, with the first shoot I lost my Watch and nearly all Knobs of my Parka.

But I have to do 3 more... Tip on the Helmet.......

That was very, äh impressiv.

Years later I had the Chance to watch a Carl Gustav shooting in Oksbol/Demark, that wasn´t that loud...

We only used our standard issued helmets and those horrific yellow "marsh-mellow" earplugs.

The sound and blast depends on wich type of ammo is fired.

'Scuse igrance, but is this a playable weapon in SB? If so, how.

Thanks in advance.

No, its not playable.

But depending on how you setup you infantry it is available as one of the "organic" short range anti armour weapons I told you about.

Edited by Gibsonm

No, its not playable.

But depending on how tyou setup you infantry it is available as one of the "organic" short range anti armour weapons I told you about.

Thanks Mark. Does that mean that the infantry can be equipped with different AT weapons in the mission editor? Just curious - I'm not about to get involved in that stuff. Fortunately UKA has a member who is a bit of whizz with the editor. :)

Thanks Mark. Does that mean that the infantry can be equipped with different AT weapons in the mission editor? Just curious - I'm not about to get involved in that stuff. Fortunately UKA has a member who is a bit of whizz with the editor. :)

Yes. You can configure the weapons, ammo load and a bunch of other "stuff".