Just a idea to bounce about

12Alfa

I would to propose a new idea here to stream line the TGIF experience for all.

:biggrin:

We now see the TGIF missions being posted before the day to be played.

What I propose is to have a Red and Blue CO step-up and begin the planning cycle. Then as players see the mission, post on what side they would like to join.

As the CO’s develop their plan they can bring in the players for that side and give a FRAGO.

This I see would be a great time saver, as well as letting the CO give a good plan to his troops.:shocked:

If far enough ahead the CO may host that mission and send his plan to his team.

Now there will always be players who can’t follow this method, that’s fine, we still can do this as we do it now.

So, pre mission posting, pre planning by CO’s, and a plan that has been well thought out and given to some team players.

Any issues with this?:confused:

Seems like a good idea to me. The Co's that volunteer could host a session a few hours before tgif to get players that will be on His side up to speed with the plan.

Even with Graphics of the plan loaded it still takes time to explain each players responsibilities. On smaller scenes this is not such a big deal, but on epic ones like last friday any info that players can get about the plan ahead of time is good.

Also(note to self) Co's should not save plan when asked when host launches the scenario.:casstet:

Seems like a good idea to me. The Co's that volunteer could host a session a few hours before tgif to get players that will be on His side up to speed with the plan.

Even with Graphics of the plan loaded it still takes time to explain each players responsibilities. On smaller scenes this is not such a big deal, but on epic ones like last friday any info that players can get about the plan ahead of time is good.

Also(note to self) Co's should not save plan when asked when host launches the scenario.:casstet:

They can, how ever you need time for the sim to digest the data, save plan and wait for a ok should work....V?

The biggest barrier we have to doing this, is that I belive that scenarios are not alway created far of enough advance to always post them.

One issue is that there is not that many mission creators out there anymore.

At one time TGIF only had first run missions played each week. Then over time I think we lost some of our mission designers and had missions with random replayability more and more. Those are good and fun....but I think they served their role best in a backup capacity.

What can we do to bring back new missions again? Maybe by breaking the format of Head to Heads only and introducing scripted Co-ops. I know a few people who are great at making unique co-ops, but flounder with HtHs.

Lol...it might even force tradtional enemies to get along......edge runners unite!

• Moderators

It is not a bad idea, but the major issue would be time. Most people do not have a lot of time to come up with a plan during the week, heck, we had trouble with people coming up with a plan for the 45 minute weekly Top Tank Platoon scenarios that involved 4 tanks.

Also, the other issue is that we don't necessarily know who the CO is each Friday. What we could *try* to do is have a list where everyone submits their name if they are willing to be a CO, then we rotate down the list (kind of like ToyGuy's idea). For as long as we post the scenario, we can then announce who that week's COs are. But then that means that we would have to post the scenario early in the week, and again this all comes down to time. It just seems like too many loose ends that would have to meet together -- I am just happy if the scenario is posted before Friday for as long as that lasts. ;)

Well at one time we floated the idea of alternating from HTH then COOP.

We need to revisit this again I think, but I'm only one person here, this needs to be a community decision.

I personally like COOP's due to the required teamwork factor.

Having a steady stream of missions is problematic for sure. That being said I would think that of all the players, and the years of missions out there we already have lots of missions. One can always take a per existing mission and place it on a different map with a different vehicle line up and have a fun time at trying to win.:Crash:

So, the tools are there, the crew is there, we just need to light a fire under our butts and get this moving.:remybussi:

• Moderators

BTW, as for the scenario selection, I view it differently. New scenarios are good, but they are often untested and can sometimes yield a bad experience. Once the scenario is played once, it allows you to see the flaws you could not predict or detect in an initial play test, and you can refine and perfect it. I mean, even if a scenario designer has time and resources to actually test the scenario before TGIF, you never know what will happen when all the people are added to the mix -- imbalance and logic bugs are bound to happen. Take the Symmetrical Attack scenarios for example, they have been updated over the years more times than I can remember to the point that I think they offer a relatively fair shake to both sides -- at least you know what to expect, a high intensity battle and the scoring and logic works.

That is what we need for TGIFs, a mixture of both new and tried and tested scenarios, not just only new scenarios nor only old scenarios. Basically what I am trying to say is, "new" is great to have a fresh experience, but "old" tired and tested scenarios are good for a fun reliable battle that you know has been proven and functions. Basically the old scenarios are a nice and necessary item so that the new guys do not get a feeling that we are playing completely out of balance scenarios every week (which usually is the feeling you get playing an untested scenario for the first time). The key however is that we need a MIX. New scenarios for a new experience, then they get refined into a great scenario after playing them. The problem of course is that there are very few people willing or able to make a scenario, and honestly, the old SB1 "place units on the map, with an OBJ in the center, with no working score and we call it a scenario" approach doesn't do it for me that much anymore, simply because we already have plenty of those scenarios to choose from.

So, who is willing to or able to think of new ideas? What about remaking all those old "classics"? I have remade several of these old scenarios myself because I get tired of playing SB1 scenarios that could be much better with newer maps and vehicles; there is nothing stopping anyone else from doing that. ;) Personally, I like to come up with "out of the box" ideas for scenarios to push the creative boundaries, but I admit that those are not always popular. Still, I think the refreshingly new experience does not always have to mean a "new" scenario, but rather a "different" scenario, be it new or old.

• Moderators
yep!..

but are you only going to post scenarios that will past the mustard of tried and true?

is "new" more important than "balanced"?

No, that is why I said a mix of both "new" and "old" are desired, where as you were suggesting that we need to ditch the old and try to only have new (old being only a backup only when new is not available). But really, we can't have "new" unless people are actually making them. ;)

Happy to go on the "CO Roster".

Normally I know well in advance when I'm going away so I can give the holder of the roster enough notice to warn out the "next guy" if required.

Plus the location allows me plenty of time pre TGIF to conduct the O Gp.

Only hickup is that again the location results in lots of hops so the MR Regt spawning dismounts while the RAG, DAG and CAG blanket the map with OS may well kick me off (which while testing the succession plan, is not ideal for a CO).

And of course the "bling" is alluring. ;)

• Moderators
we can't have new if the estabilishment crys that their scenarios get prioritiy over old blood! ;) !

lol...I am not spiting venom at you V...the internet is funny...peace!

Eh, who says the establishment cries for priority? Hmm, well, if you are referring to six months or so ago when you wanted your scenario played at the same time I had a new one already submitted, well, shit happens like that and it needs to be talked out rather than have it form misconceptions, don't you think? Maybe we need to actually discuss that event one on one to put any misconceptions aside? I seem to recall that at the time I had a NEW scenario to play as well as you did, yet you assumed it was actually an OLD scenario based solely on the scenario's name. Given how much time I invested in the scenario and the map (both were new, and both took a month each to create), then naturally I got miffed over the perceived snub, I think anyone would.

Anyway, we did play two of Tank Hunter's new scenarios a last month, and a couple of other new ones too (one Sean made), and this week was a new one I made, so if you want to set out and make some great scenarios then nothing is stopping you -- submit them to Sean, don't just hold on to them wonder why no one is begging you for them. FWIW though, being the host, if multiple scenarios are submitted to Sean, then certainly he has to right to pick and choose which to play that Friday. Other than that, there is no real reason why a submitted scenario would not get played, but I suppose this really isn't about that, rather, it is more about WHEN it gets played. For that you need to talk to Sean, but you will be surprised what a little perseverance can achieve.

Eh, who says the establishment cries for priority? As misconception is so. Ah, well, if you are referring to six months or so ago when you wanted your scenario played at the same time I had a new one submitted, well, shit happens like that and it needs to be talked out rather than have it form misconceptions, don't you think? you never treated me with respect V..so I will never treat you with it in retern!

"That fact that it was more than years ago"...Ssnake?..is that how you want your pets represententing your business interest talking for you?.. Mr V who jumped from 3 missions to 50?misions man?...somebody who wants recognition more than respect?

"he brings stuff up that is important for him!...have you heard me bring it up?

Are we going to do this V? I can again..? Not everyone speaks for you Esims!....we had a long history before the time V whore served away telling you lie\s about his sounds....others say they hear

Eh, who says the establishment cries for priority? As misconception is so. Ah, well, if you are referring to six months or so ago when you wanted your scenario played at the same time I had a new one submitted, well, shit happens like that and it needs to be talked out rather than have it form misconceptions, don't you think?

The thing is you never considered that others put months in mission design?

I told you that I had a mission months ahead...your words...crying..I am have worked on it for 3 months...I want to do mine? ha ha to forward the a ha ha...cry baby bitch V!!!!

As a representive of ESiM...you only job is to forward the game...not be a bitch!

I no longer up and speak what role I play in the SB community!!! I have been here for years and have helped many a new person....!!!!!

But these assholes who think they can show up and talk shit for the rest of the folks..they can go to hell..and I wlil spread the word against them...SB sucks!!!! ..Did you know your own beta team talks shit about you?....being German sucks...at least to them?.....I hate to do it to them...but their word=s strike against them when they want to hold against me..!!!!5 years of recording!!!

• Moderators

Wow. Personal issues? Your incoherent blabbering and ranting speaks an insult to you more than anyone else's words ever could. It is probably best that I cannot understand what you are trying to say. My suggestion to you is to put down the illegal substance.

The last thing I will say on this subject is that men verbally talk out their disagreements, cowards hide behind forum posts, proxy wars, and smiley faces. If you have something against me, then talk to me about it in TS instead of hijacking someones thread over it and airing dirty laundry; otherwise pack up and move out.

And FWIW, I really care less about who talks about me or what they say, Beta team or not; I can take criticism to my face as well as to my back.

Edited by Volcano
typo

But the thing is...I never say specificaly what the problem is V...but you know already! you know what your faults are!!...you spell out the problems because you know...I just got tired of hearing you falsly pretend what what you think others hate....fuck you...you have done more to fuck up this game than any one..my god!!!..how canI be the one to shit on this....it is you!!