Top Tank Platoon 2011 (discussion thread)

Volcano

• Moderators

Cue the trumpets/fanfare:

Announcing the THIRD team:

"The Eh-Team" consisting of...

Tacbat

Fidel

Trackpad

12Alfa

(aka. "the crazy Canadians") :biggrin: :remybussi:

They will be using the Leopard2A4. Welcome, and good luck!

////////////////////

A reminder to all: only ONE week and a few days remaining to sign up. Step up your recruitment if you plan on participating.

UK? ANZAC? Crickets?

Also, we still have the following people looking for a team: CalAB, Toyguy, dta delta.

Edited by Volcano
incorrect info

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Announcing the FOURTH team:

"Desert Rats" consisting of...

Crusty

Hedgehog

Alicatt

Marko

They will be using the Challenger 2. Welcome, and good luck!

////////////////////

A reminder to all:

Only ONE week remaining to sign up. Step up your recruitment if you plan on participating. Can we break the record now and get a FIFTH and SIXTH team?

Also, we still have the following people looking for a team: CalAB, Toyguy, dta delta.

A reminder to all: only ONE week and a few days remaining to sign up. Step up your recruitment if you plan on participating.

UK? ANZAC? Crickets?

Desert Rats are all members of UK Armour who are sloping off to do a bit of mercenary warfare. Very necessary in view of the size of the UK defence budget. By the way, if you have seen said budget, please let our MOD know - they can't find it even on max mag. (Apart from civil service salaries and pensions, of course).

Desert Rats are all members of UK Armour who are sloping off to do a bit of mercenary warfare. Very necessary in view of the size of the UK defence budget. By the way, if you have seen said budget, please let our MOD know - they can't find it even on max mag. (Apart from civil service salaries and pensions, of course).

Shhh! You signed our NDA, remember?! :)

• Moderators

A reminder to all:

Only ~24 hours (midnight 1st April CST) remaining to sign up and/or to change your tank selection. After that point I will announce more info about the schedule for the first match.

Speaking of which, Team America has switched to the M1, I guess it just didn't seem right to use any other tank with a team name like that. ;)

• Moderators

Sign up is now closed. Thanks to all those that have committed to the tournament and signed up.

I will be generating the tournament tree and schedule for the first week's games (scheduled for this weekend) shortly in a new event thread which will be here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16449

Please continue to use this thread as the discussion thread for the tournament.

Edited by Volcano

• Moderators

The team names were placed in The Magic Hat and drawn for Round 1 matchup. The Eh-Team lucked out an receives a Bye for Round 1 since we have an odd number of teams (it might be a blessing or a curse, blessing because you don't have to play the first round but curse in that the other teams will have experience for Round 2).

Anyway, the channels are setup in TS and the scenarios are available there to play. One person from each team should coordinate with each other to schedule the match time, and refer to the event thread for suggested time slots to choose from.

Officially the tournament doesn't actually start until APRIL 6th, but if any of you want to get an early start on the matches then I will not complain. Good luck!

• Moderators

UPDATE:

I altered the deadline for Round 1 to be an additional week due to Easter weekend. Honestly, I forgot about Easter when I planned the start date a month ago and I don't want the tournament to start on the wrong foot with forfeits so this extra week will hopefully be more forgiving for those that will not be available this weekend. :shocked:

Anyway, the deadline for reporting the match results for Round 1 is now April 18th instead of April 11th. In the mean time, if you want and are able to play your match this weekend then please do so, or take extra time to practice. Generally speaking though, the sooner you can get the match played and reported the better for both teams or else as the time gets closer to the deadline circumstances might dictate that you may be forced to play with less than your full amount of players.

Anyway, the rounds after Round 1 will resort back to one week deadlines, so please don't get accustomed to all this extra time between rounds. At least hopefully there will be no reason for anyone to get a forfeit for the 1st round now. ;)

Well that's probably better than admitting that you need an extra week to get your sh*t together. :)
UPDATE:

I altered the deadline for Round 1 to be an additional week due to Easter weekend. Honestly, I forgot about Easter when I planned the start date a month ago and I don't want the tournament to start on the wrong foot with forfeits so this extra week will hopefully be more forgiving for those that will not be available this weekend. :shocked:

Anyway, the deadline for reporting the match results for Round 1 is now April 18th instead of April 11th. In the mean time, if you want and are able to play your match this weekend then please do so, or take extra time to practice. Generally speaking though, the sooner you can get the match played and reported the better for both teams or else as the time gets closer to the deadline circumstances might dictate that you may be forced to play with less than your full amount of players.

Anyway, the rounds after Round 1 will resort back to one week deadlines, so please don't get accustomed to all this extra time between rounds. At least hopefully there will be no reason for anyone to get a forfeit for the 1st round now. :wink:

Hmmmm. :biggrin:

• Moderators

IMPORTANT:

Please do NOT use the load/save plan feature during this tournament. We just noticed that Load/Save plan will break the Top Tank Platoon tournament scenarios, something to do with me pushing the boundaries and having starting condition logic BEFORE the scenario actually begins. Basically, loading a plan will break that logic as it will load the logic at the moment the plan was saved. This is unfortunate because I wanted Load/Save plan to be used. We will look into fixing this issue. Unfortunately when a plan is loaded, the scenario can be broken so badly that both sides may spawn on top of each other (or right next to each other) and it means that I have no other choice but to make it so that if a team loads a plan during a match then they will get a forfeit loss. Sorry.

Given that planning and map graphics is relatively light in these small scenarios, I trust that it will not be too much of a hassle to create an image of your plan, then redraw it on the map in the planning phase. I also trust that we can all stick to this house rule for the duration of the tournament.

///////////////////

Apologies on the hassle; unfortunately this is something we didn't consider when reintegrating the load/save plan, and it goes to show just how complicated load/save plan really is.