Top Tank Platoon 2011 (discussion thread)

Volcano

• Moderators
Servus,

You are right, it doesn`t matter. But why they got 300 points for break off the scenario. Ok I understand what you mean, but it is not ok to cancel a scenario before time is over.

In next sceanrio I will host, move in the obj and will break off the sceanrio, and win?

No, they did NOT break off/quit the scenario as far as I can see.

The scenario has a variable +/- 5 minute ending variable as you can see in the briefing "There is a time limit of 45 minutes, +/- 5 minutes". The scenario ended 3 minutes and 52 seconds early based on that random variable.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Hello all,

Games 5 and 6 results have been posted and stats updated. Thanks for everyone showing up and playing!

With that, Round 3 is now complete. The tournament tree has been updated and everyone should be coordinating match times to play ASAP. Deadline for Round 4 is midnight CST, MAY 9.

Team Heidegeist has the week off (a bye), as they await the winner of Game 7.

GOOD LUCK!

• Moderators

Hello all,

Game 7 results have been posted and stats updated. Thanks for everyone showing up and playing!

With that, Round 4 is now complete. The tournament tree has been updated and only two teams now remain. Both Team Heidegeist and Team America are in the championship final and should be coordinating match times for Championship Game 1 to play ASAP. Deadline for Championship Game 1 is midnight CST, MAY 16.

If you need any information on how the final championship match up will work, see this post:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showpost.php?p=213906&postcount=14

HAVE FUN!

Aww shucks, thanks! I was beginning to think all this frustration was for nothing. ;)

You're very welcome. However, bear in mind that you are still a "target of opportunity" during TGIFs, and I missed you by "JUST THAT MUCH" last Friday! :biggrin:

Aww shucks, thanks! I was beginning to think all this frustration was for nothing. ;)

Yes a huge thanks for doing this again.:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

I enjoyed being killed in a very entertaining and vicious way during both matches:biggrin:

• Moderators

BTW, anyone who is sitting on pins and needles (ouch!) waiting for the next match, I have postponed the tournament until next weekend (May 19th) due to the weekend Mother's Day holiday here in the US. Everyone will be traveling home to see their mommies (I will anyway), so a one weekend truce is in effect for the sake of all mothers in the world!

• Moderators

Hello all,

Championship game 1 and 2 results have been posted and stats updated. Thanks for everyone showing up and playing!

In the first match we played a risky gamble: we knew the last remaining Team Heidegeist tank in the objective was disabled, but to what extent we did not fully know. It wasn't moving and we didn't hear the engine running, so we assumed the engine was out and that it was not operational (and therefore, we would get ownership of the objective since our tank was operational as per region scoring - operational tank is worth more points than an nonoperational one). However, come to find out, the engine was not damaged at all, just turned off and it was the driver that was disabled and they got ownership of the objective. Whoops, we tried to play it safe and still came up short. ;)

Game two was a close match, but not our best effort. :shocked:

Good job Team Heidigeist, we had a blast!

//////////////////

NOTE:

With ITEC this coming week, and the fact that several people on both teams will be out of town for the next couple of weekends, both sides have agreed to postpone the tournament until June 16th which is when the second (and probably final) championship round will be played.

Until then...

Servus,

The first match was very strange for us. We lost two tanks very early and my tank had an injured driver. I thought, that can not be. We were very surprised that you guys used a single tank tactic. I think one tank in our right and one in our left flank and we had no chance. But good luck for us.

The second match was a difficult situation for us , we had 3 tanks against 4, so we decided to made a frontal defense with 2 tanks and sent one tank in your flank.

But you are right it was a very close match, with a lot of luck for us. I hope on the 16th we can give you a better fight than last evening.

kind regards

Duke

Edited by Duke(911)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hello all,

This week's match (Championship Round 2) is complete. I must confess, nothing extraordinary here. Unfortunately Team Heidegeist could only round up two of their teammates this week, so we only played one match this round. To make matters worse, two of our guys dropped in the middle of the match due to connection problems, so it was bad luck all around. :(

In any case, the AAR has been posted and the record updated.

Round 3 is scheduled to be played next weekend, June 24th (Sunday), 1500 CST (2200 Central Europe).

Until then...