music

Marko

I have just spend a couple of hours lishtening to various nations marching music.Putting national pride Aside and no political motives. The winner for me was panzerlied.second Was when Johnny Comes marching home.What would your Choice be.

Edited by Marko

Please, Please remove this Link!

This shitty gay sing sang from "Battle of the Bulge" is, as a German Tanker, not respectable !!

Please use this Link:

http://ingeb.org/refer/obssturm.MP3

And here is another "German Panzerlied" we often use as a "Marching Song"

Schwarz ist unser Panzer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62hiMB1m_XU

The Grenadiers and Infanterie love this:

or that Song

No, no offence.. but Thanks.

BTW I like the Songs of the Légion étrangère like this

No problem.

I think that's the song i watched in a doc about trainee legionaries.

In a training facility called the farm.they made them sing it for twenty four hours till

The drill Sargent said it sounded ok.As a young man i considered joining the legion

I often wonder would i have made it through the training.i also wonder is music still an important part of the over all military conditioning for a new recruit.

I must admit after a couple of hours listenig to march music i could not wait to go

And start a fight in SB of course.

Off topic but very interesting

Where else would you get a mixture of nationality's like this

Damn, I think that is the recording I made years ago from my vinyl LP of march music sung by the German Officers Training Corps 6 from Hamburg (I think, I'd have to check that attribute.) I recorded it to cassette tape and then from the tape to a WAV file on the computer.

It has all the crackles from my LP right where they should be and I recognize it. I put all the songs of the LP up on one of those file sharing sites back in the early days of Napster. The LP dates from 1961. There's a second LP too "More of the German Officer's Corps" with more march music too.

The one 'march' that makes the hair stand on end and bring a lump to the throat is Polyushko Polye (Полюшко Поле) I've loved this tune for years but never knew what the words ment until searching for them today.

Anyway two versions of the march.

h2iVkBpjKEc

And

E1nvDv8KgJw

And For Sean Patrick listen to the background music from Sounds of the North Coast :)

7v8uvENTZvM

I'll have to dig out the CD again which is in a box in my cellar. The track is Dark Island and I think the piper's name is Coghill but not 100% sure. The Album is Sounds of the North Coast and is a charity CD to raise funds for Wick Lifeboat and must be about 10 years old or so.

I know quite a few of the artists on the CD, one of the lassies singing about the Great White Sheep was my brother's girlfriend ou can hear them sing on this video http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~aipaul/Videos/Castles.wmv. Waaay back in the past I was an engineer in a recording studio, Grampian Records.

Wick lifeboat can be found here http://sites.google.com/site/wicklifeboat02/, my father was a member of the lifeboat commitie and we did a lot of fund raising events for the lifeboat.

Or for the Scots...

Ahhh...the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards. My favorite! I have a recording of theirs titled Second to None. Outstanding stuff.

And I cannot believe I almost forgot

. (Wells me up with such pride!)

**Rewind to the beginning of the video for a brief history.**

Hillbilly Scots style (tho I think this is from PEI in Nova Scotia)

amNF_F6oeRU

At the weekend you can see the students from Glasgows College of Piping playing on the streets esp. in Buchanan Street

And just to provide a link to SB

-TT-BpXIWnc

Hillbilly Scots style (tho I think this is from PEI in Nova Scotia)

amNF_F6oeRU

At the weekend you can see the students from Glasgows College of Piping playing on the streets esp. in Buchanan Street

And just to provide a link to SB

I am going to ask for a piper in the next upgrade.

And even i would Ware a kilt if i had a chance to dance with the Lassie

In the other video.

Check this its the first record i ever bought.Really

No wonder i am army barmmy.