Teamspeak Problem

Tango29

I connected to TS this afternoon in preparation for our Top Tank Platoon game. Simple routine, done it dozens of times before with no problem. Today, however, most was as it always has been, but for some reason I could not transmit anything. The mike light came on in TS when I hit the designated key, but no one could hear me at all. Everything seems to be connected, tried different channels, but always the same: I could hear players, but no one could hear me. I've checked through my software and the TS menus, but nothing seems to work. :confused:

Any guidance or suggestions will be welcomed. TIA!

Hi, Mark,

I think so, but I have yet to do a comms check on TS. I've visited a few times today, but either no one's available, or they're in game or in a closed forum. I'll try again tomorrow: if no luck I might just take you up on your offer: thx! :)

Hi, Mark,

I have a small problem with my email, so I have an appointment first thing tomorrow to get it solved. Problem is, I've just stripped down my desktop machine that has the problem, and my Teamspeak, and it's fully disconnected in prep for the trip tomorrow. I'm answering you on my laptop! But thanks very much for the offer. I should have the desktop back and running tomorrow night, and so should be able to checkout TS. Maybe we'll connect then. Thx again!

In Windows, the controls are accessible through the standard volume control by clicking on the speaker icon in the notification area, then clicking the "mixer" link at the bottom.

Well. that didn't seem to work. I set the mic in the Mixer at 70%, then joined the UK Armour group a few minutes ago. They couldn't hear a whisper. Hope to get this G--D-- thing sorted by Friday...

Beats the hang outa me, Sean! First happened at our TTP game last Sunday: no transmissions, but I could hear my team mates. I checked my Control Panel - Sounds and Audio, and that looked all right. But at the same time, I found an unrelated problem: my email would not open. So I hiked the system down to my computer guys. They did a diagnostic and found in excess of 130 small "malwares" in the system, none picked up by my Norton because none of them were viruses. None was big enough to do any real damage, but they upset a few items such as email opening. No damage to emails or the program, just "you ain't gonna open" type stuff. So the whole system got cleaned up and optimized, an anti-malware program got fitted, back it came, and hey presto: I can be heard on TS! Lesson learned: schedule routine cleanups by the experts. Thanks for your initial help, though: most appreciated! :)

May I suggest one or all of the following:

1. Spybot Search & Destroy
  2. Ad-Aware
  3. Malwarebytes
  4. SuperAntiSpyware
  5. CCleaner

A through d are anti-spy/malware and e is a utility to free up disk space. All are free. I use the first two + Windows Defender, CCleaner and disk defragmenter regularly and also practice "safe" browsing. I almost never have a problem. :)

P.S.

Just noticed my post count :1:

Edited by SeanPatrick
Post of the Beast!!! Ahhh!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the latest Teamspeak version used here 3.0.6?

I'm 'fraid to say, I've never used TS. Back in the early days of SB I tried it but my puter just would not cooperate so I used typed comms during Multiplayer games.

Are there any threads for TS newbs to view? I did a search and did not find any newbie TS threads. I've been to the TS website so I'm getting prepared to jump into the TS world.

it will be a weeks or months before I try MP, I'm still having too much fun with Single player games but the day is coming when I'll want to do some MP battles. I don't want to be a burden to my team.

Yes. 3.0.6 is current.

Its pretty straight forward.

Connect to the SB TS Server (IP and port on the home page).

Save it as a bookmark or default opening connection.

Set your headset / mic to support "press a key to talk" (otherwise we hear everything coughs, sniffles, etc.).

Join the relevant channel

Away you go.