system requirements question

Hammock

Hello all...new to the forums and have a question. I saw the system min requirements on the SB website. The processor lists the P4 and says or its equivalent. I have an Intel Core i3 M330@2.13 ghz and wonder if that would run it? I dont understand most of what all of the numbers mean so I wouldnt even begin to know how to compare them. My graphics card is a Radeon HD 4330 as well. Any idea if that is sufficient? Any help would be appreciated.

ahhh Skybird"03" no wonder i couldnt find you lol. That username has been w me a longggg time and i thought it was time for an update :red:

@Gibsonm I got an email from Sean directing me to download it and i will config the codemeter tonight when i get home to give it a go! I cant wait. Thank you to all who helped out! (Ssnake, Toyguy)

• 6 months later...

Okay I think I am ready to bite the bullet and get SBPro. I, like many, want to have a disc avail in case of ____ (insert disaster here), but with the downloads not costing anything why would i want to spend more $ to get the disc? ... or am I missing something.

For what it's worth, I'm running Pro PE on a system with a 3Ghz Pentium 4 (Feel free to donate me one that's less "ancient", Ssnake ;-) ), 3 gigs worth of old DDR2 RAM, and a Radeon HD5450 video card with 512mb of video RAM.

IIRC, the Core i3 is a dual core processor, while my P4 is single core. So you've got significantly more processor power than I do.

I'm not familiar with the HD 4330, however please note that just because 5450 is a bigger number it does not mean that my video card is better. My old video card wouldn't run Pro PE at all. If I recall correctly, the 5450 I bought was the second or third cheapest card for sale at the time, and more than met the minimum amount of video ram listed in the requirements despite being a budget card. If you've got enough video ram you should probably be OK.

Performance wise, my system (and remember, your processor is significantly faster!) runs Pro PE just fine with the detail sliders at their default settings. On maps with lots of terrain objects (particularly buildings, it seems) I do get some slowdowns when using the thermals on low zoom and looking at lots of objects.

This isn't a problem because flipping to high-zoom or to day-sights to engage causes the FPS to come right back up to normal immediately.

I think you'll be able to run Pro PE without any hiccups at all.

I am planning to run SB Pro PE on 3 different computers......not at the same time.

So, at home i have and old AMDx64 2800 overcloked @ 3800, Nvidia GC with 2gig nvram and 4 gig of ram. XP pro, connected to my TV in the living room and used as a media center.

My "good laptop" AZUS xv550 ,intel I7, E650 Nvidia + 8gig ram, W7 64

My "work laptop", Dell E6410, intel I5, shit GC no dedicated ram, 4gig ram and loads of "mandatory" software killing the performance of the machine..........

I guess (hope) i'll be able to play on any of them.

• Members
I, like many, want to have a disc avail in case of ____ (insert disaster here), but with the downloads not costing anything why would i want to spend more $ to get the disc?

Some people like to have an original disc, but it's more like a "collector's item" than a necessity, really. Also, the disc contains a few videos in full resolution which we also show on YouTube on our Steel Beasts Channel there. They are not part of the download, for obvious reasons.

So, by downloading the installation files and burning your own disc, you don't lose anything that's essential.

Rumor has it that a new game engine for SB is in the works. I'm looking at getting a new computer and would like to have some assurance that the processor and the graphics are up to the job. Any idea how this is going to affect the minmum system requirements. Will we be forced to invest in gaming computers in order to ensure decent fps?

• 4 weeks later...