Any virtual unit?

PincerDK

Hello!

I'm looking for a Virtual unit that would accept a new member?

I'm looking for a unit that uses military terminology and tries to simulate a real unit. Something like the Campaigns Brave Rifles or Route Green.

My own real experience unfortunately is limited, reason that I have only been a conscript in the Danish army for 4 months.

But although what I lack in practicality, I make up for my theory. Been reading a lot about Cold War tactics and how a company/troop/squadron operates and also how a battalion/brigade/division operates. This also goes for modern scenarios.

I have played a lot of Steel Beasts solitaire, both PRO PE and the original, but my multiplayer is somewhat limited, only been participating in TGIF a few times.

Other than that I'm a nice guy and willing to learn and adapt. :biggrin:

Anyone wants a new addition to their unit?

There are also other units based in the UK, US and Australia but they are in English and may not be suitable regarding the time they meet.

English isn't a barrier to me. Actually, some times I can express myself better in English than in danish. ;)

What about UK-Armour? Gibsonm I believe you are a part of it?

Hello PincerDK,

do you speak german?

No, sorry my german is not that good.

What about UK-Armour? Gibsonm I believe you are a part of it?

I'm a guest.

We run it like an old school gentlemen's club with reciprocal membership.

People in UK Armour are welcome to visit BG ANZAC sessions and the guys in UK Armour tolerate us.

Having said that UK Armour are usually open to new people joining up. Their next seesion is Sunday night.

BG ANZAC is "tonight" my time but 0900 GMT Thursday 26 April, which from here:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20120426T09

Looks like 1100 in Copenhagen?

Hi PincerDK

UK Armour has room for a two more, and I'd be happy to meet you on Teamspeak any evening from 1900Z (200BST) onwards this week. Or you could drop into our next Sunday evening session at the same time. Best to arrive about 15 min early for a chat.

We are a relatively new unit, and still working up. However, we participated in the recent international TF AZUR scenario without disgracing ourselves. Our approach to 'in game' protocol is the same as yours.

Mark Gibson is our TDY Senior Training Officer and continues to be invaluable. Another of our assets is the imitable Hedgehog.

If you wish to meet on TS before Sunday please email me at tonywjones@clara.co.uk as it's sometimes a day or so between my visits to this forum.

UK Armour has room for a two more, and I'd be happy to meet you on Teamspeak any evening from 1900Z (200BST) onwards this week. Or you could drop into our next Sunday evening session at the same time. Best to arrive about 15 min early for a chat.

Cool sounds good, I would probably drop in on Sunday. About ½ hour before then.

Mark Gibson is our TDY Senior Training Officer and continues to be invaluable. Another of our assets is the imitable Hedgehog.

Yes saw them both in action in the Brave Rifles Campaign, looks like they know what they are doing. ;) That was also a superb campaign.

But I will meet up with you guys on sunday at 1900 zulu/GMT time. Right?

Pincer,

I forgot to say, that if you haven't already done so, please visit the port forwarding thread in this forum: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=7739 and setup your router. Please not that TCP/UDP means that you need to open the ports in the range of 2300 to 2400 for BOTH TCP AND UDP.

www.portforward.com/routers is another useful website that has detailed instructions for virtually every router ever made.

Apols for the late heads-up.